My 2022 Lifestyle Journal

My journals usually end like the Sopranos, suddenly with questions unanswered.

I think this is because I try so hard to add content and link every little thing in my life to subliminals or I can’t post it. This time around I’m gonna relax. See what happens when I just post throughout the year across multiple stacks. I can use a bit of social accountability and maybe I manage to write something useful too, who knows?

At this time of the year I often need distracting. I tend to be reminded of all the lofty goals I had set for myself and everything I didn’t get around to. No matter how strong my accomplishments, the failure hit harder.

But I suppose I have no choice, so let’s start with a bit of self-reflection.

2021, like the year before it, is one of my happiest years. Being quite introverted and also efficiency-minded, I can’t stand commuting followed by sitting in uncomfortable clothing getting constantly distracted from doing things I could have done better in my boxers from home. This has a very high impact on my well-being.

So in that regard, I still thank circumstances being what they are, accepting the downsides like a champ.

On the career front, I started a project assignment early 2020 and that project is now nearing completion. I asked the company if they could use me as an engineer for day-to-day operations and they were eager to, also raising my salary by over 500 a month and throwing in a year-end bonus. Although I’m nowhere near where I wish I was financially (I wish I could afford to just hop on a plane and do the Sauna World Tour with @Hoppa) I am at least in a comfortable place where I don’t have to worry to much about money.

I did notice something this year which I have noticed more often when running SubClub subs. I spend more easily, and can even go on minor spending sprees.

It used to be that every time I saw something I liked my inner voice informed me there was so much left to do and I had to be a multi-millionaire first before I could relax and reward myself.

But since running SubClub subs my inner voice has times when it tells me not to postpone gratification until I’m old and grey, but instead to live more in the moment. Which results in me sometimes treating myself to something which logically I would define as nice-to-have. Or something I’ve been wanting for years. In 2020 I got a VR setup, in 2021 I got myself an entire new bathroom with a very nice shower (how did we ever survive without those rain shower heads?)

So I do/did spend more. Which is not always helpful. But it gives me more satisfaction in my life, which is more important than postponing fun until the 20-year goals are achieved.

In case you are wondering, I ran EoG, AM & RICH starting July with plans of running them the rest of the year. But then ZP came with its steady diet of non-wealth subs. So I didn’t listen to wealth subs too much.

Another great thing is that I finally started the home renovations I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I have this limiting belief that unless my house is catalog-ready I should not go out and meet new people, because I’d be ashamed to bring them home. Which is nonsense, but it’s a very strong belief.

So renovating my office, bathroom and parts of the kitchen and hallway is great.

There are downsides unfortunately. I started the renovation of my office out of sheer desperation. The upstairs neighbors made so much noise I couldn’t life like that anymore. Without being able to retreat in my home, the stress and tension kept building and it would not be inconceivable to consider I might actually have snapped at some point.

Which brings me to the next thing…

Health-wise is am extremely disappointed. I am still strong enough to avoid getting sick. However, I spent the start of the year with all the noise from upstairs causing me massive amounts of psychological and emotional damage, and once the renovations started I spend multiple months where there was rubble and chaos everywhere in my house. Even a month without a functional bathroom. Being a little bit OCD all this change and chaos was quite stressful. Which prompted me to reach for the comfort foods.

Sedentary job and excessive comfort foods have all but destroyed my conditioning and my outdoor clothes no longer fit me. I have reached my highest body fat percentage in 10 years, combined with my lowest cardiovascular and flexibility.

So yeah, I am disappointed. I love myself still, but I am very disappointed. All those years my excuse for not looking like a bodybuilder on the beach was that I had to commute and had no time. Now I have had almost 2 years and I made it worse, both diet and mobility.

Emotionally I’m still fine. I got through things which might have caused me to run screaming.

And if you’re wondering here as well, the first half of 2021 I was listening to Dragon and Paragon mainly.

Spiritually I was too distracted this year to make any real progress. My mind has become more open to possibilities though. I’ve also adopted more of an acceptance-mindset. Letting go of expectations and simply accepting things as they are while still giving myself permission to change those things if I want to.

On the relationship front there’s been a slight decrease, in line with the isolation I’ve been doing since COVID joined the community.

I managed to stay up to date with many immediate and short-term goals, but pretty much none of the larger ones. I blame the constant stress preventing me from doing too much complex thinking.

But as I mentioned, the renovations were a good thing and something I’ve been wanting for a long time. Even though none have finished at this time, I’ve become more comfortable with DIY projects.

Overall, the past year is best described as “status quo.”

This is all of my last year review which comes to mind. I might add more based on stuff I find in my other thread.

The next post is for the coming year.

11 Likes

I already gave a sneak peek at my process for determining the guiding theme of my development:

I usually take a large piece of paper (or multiple sheets) and divide it, dedicating each area to the subtopics mentioned above.

Then I try to think of goals for each of the topics.

It’s good to try and maintain balance by aiming to have an equal amount of goals for each, although you could of course go a bit deeper and determine the amount of work/effort per goal and balance that.

At this point, you’ll already notice what’s most important for you. It will either be a topic where you have lots of goals because they just keep on coming, or the area where you’re quantifying your goals the most.

If I run through them…

Wealth / Money

• Have at least 100k of “free” money. This is money I can spend or lose without impacting my financial security. This is important when taking risks with money, especially when trading on the markets, to avoid getting emotional if things go awry.
  • Establish a secondary income stream. It doesn’t matter what it is or if it only provides a few bucks.
  • Get a clear insight into my finances by figuring out and entering into GnuCash. Been wanting to learn how to use GnuCash to sort out my finances.

Wealth / Career

• Adapt fully to my new responsibilities. I get some new somewhat challenging responsibilities starting 2022. But since I will also need time to study again, I’ll need to get comfortable. I’m setting it as a goal so that I can check it off as one of the easier goals, or so I expect.
  • Stand out. This seems an obvious one. Within a traditional career, there’s 2 “friendly” ways to advance rapidly: standing out or seeking out new opportunities. I’ll start with the former.

Relationships / Sex

• Have twice as much casual sex compared to 2021. And no, I don’t kiss and tell. :slight_smile:

Relationships / Romance

• Have a girlfriend with future potential to celebrate Christmas with. I don’t like being alone during the cozy times.

Spirituality / Esoteric

• Learn aura viewing.
  • Contact my guides.

Spirituality / Mindfulness

• Establish a daily Qigong practice, at least 30 minutes.
  • Establish a daily yoga practice (includes meditation, the most difficult form of yoga).
  • Controlled lucid dreaming.

Health / Healing

• Stay disease-free. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
  • Maintain a healthy diet. I’m thinking OMAD, low carb.
  • Reduce body age to at least 25. Body age is a combination of factors, usually determined by body composition and cardiovascular conditioning. Right now, it’s older than my chronological age, meaning it’s pretty bad.

Health / Fitness

• Have around 10% body fat and a visible “six-pack” like I used to have before COVID. Not saying how long before COVID though. :slight_smile:
  • Comfortably do 200 swings (32k/70lbs) in 10 minutes and 10 minutes of TGU’s (24k/53lbs) every day. Although it would be fun to make it all the way up to the kettlebell called “The Beast” which I can not consider very healthy long-term.
  • Do 108 Sun Salutations in a row.
  • Run a 10k.

Non-Topic

• Finish renovations of my home office, kitchen and hallway. Preferably the whole house but at very least the rooms I already started. If I’m going to fight the limiting beliefs about relationships, I have to get my house in order. Literally.

I recently realized there may be another topic, the one which contains Limitless. Might be called Development and contain education or brain training (practical training) and emotional development (more abstract things like hypnosis or emotional development). Will have to consider adding it.

This list is not yet definitive, but the year has already started so I should start already. So for now I’ll work with these and refine them later. I’ll be learning more Kanban and Scrum this year, so I expect my goals will end up like an enhanced version of the SubClub roadmap site.

Next up is determining which of these “topics” will guide my subliminals over the next 3-6 months. I think 6 months of focus on a topic gives it enough attention to achieve something tangible.

In this case the focus for the coming months is very clear to me, which is not always the case.

I was all ready to do a wealth-focus which is what I believed I wanted. But after writing everything down I realized that it’s health & fitness I should be focusing on. Up until now I have considered this to be a secondary topic something to do while working on wealth or romance. But it would seem I should make it the focus.

Maybe it’s simply because I noticed I’m out of shape, maybe I felt age creeping up on me. Either way, the feeling is clear.

Which brings me to the subs to run.

The atypical gainers instructions gave me an idea. What if I create 2 different stacks? Since we’re talking fitness, how about 1 stack for exercise and one for recovery? More than that, what if I created 2 customs for each stack, a Q and an Ultima?

I’m still working on those subs and will post them later. Until then, I created 3 stacks.

Stack 1 (Monday, Friday) :

• The Beast Unleashed
  • Emperor Fitness & Spartan Q (2x)
  • The Legacy

Stack 2 (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) :

• Paragon ZP (2x)

Stack 3 (Wednesday) :

• Godlike Masculinity ZP
  • Spartan ZP (2x)

I know these are still likely a few loops too many overall, which is why I created this specific order. I start the playlist and may or may not reach its end.

So what actions can I take? Obviously just because my focus is health 'n fitness, I can’t neglect the other fields. So there will be actions in the other areas. And I can’t guarantee I’ll do all of them right from day 1. Should be able to do at least the top one in each list.

Fitness / Primary:

• On the exercise stack days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) I will do 2 times 10 minutes of kettlebell swings with a 24k/53lbs kettlebell. May not seem like much, but until the back muscles adapt even a few minutes are murder. For now, swings are a good start as they train most muscles and conditioning. If done at the right pace, cardiovascular health increases as well.
  • On the recovery stack days (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) I will do 10 minutes on my vibration plate and an hour of yin yoga.
  • On all days I’ll do a 15 minute focused stretching session at the end of the day.
  • Once the swings become easier, start a Couch25k program.

Health:

• Stop buying bad foods. Seems obvious, but I need the reminder.
  • Switch to OMAD & ADF, eating one meal on the exercise days and none on the recovery days. Maybe even take 3 days of fasting at the start of every month. Until I have reached healthy body composition.

Spirituality:

• On all days I’ll do a 30 minute Qigong session before bed.
  • Continue my shamanistic studies and practice daily gazing.

Wealth:

• Spend some time every weekend to sort out my bookkeeping and get a clear overview.
  • Work towards a more Zen-like home, donating all the stuff I don’t need anymore. May not seem like much, but it makes room for better things.

Other:

• This one’s inspired by JCast: do a daily IQ training session of at least 20 minutes.
  • For almost all topics: go to bed on time. Probably the hardest thing on the list…

That’s it for now I think. More than big enough. If you made it this far…

…you fared better than this guy.

8 Likes

With clear objectives and a plan like this, there’s not a force in the world that can stop you from fulfilling them!

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I admit I use this journal as a means of social accountability. Don’t want to experience the embarrassment of having to tell you guys I didn’t get done what I told you I wanted to.

I appreciate knowing it gets read.

I’ve been thinking about how to structure the updates. I figure I’ll list the things I did which are goal related, followed by some observations.

What I managed to do:

• I did 5 minutes of kb swings around noon and 4 minutes in the evening withe the 24k bell.
    In order to keep the resistance-threshold as low as possible, I simply do 20 swings every minute, taking the rest of the minute as rest. It’s easy and works well enough.
    I set the timer to 10 minutes, but I started lo lose form about halfway through so I stopped. The exercise is very taxing for the lower back, so always err on the side of caution.
  • I consumed about 1900 calories I think, between 1700 and 2100. Counts as 20:4 IF then. Very hard not to take my coffee sooner.
    I used to keep detailed records, but the primary benefit of calorie counting is creating the awareness that certain items contain massive amounts of them. Once the awareness is there, it’s usually easier to take those things in moderation (could somebody invent something which tastes like freshly baked bread but contains a fraction of the calories, please?)
  • I contacted somebody to help me with those renovations. With any luck I can resume those next weekend. I also spontaneously moved some furniture around after work to make room.

Not everything I wanted to do. I should have consumed a bit more water and I didn’t quite get around to the stretching. I started the stack after work. It did The Beast Unleashed, Emperor Fitness, Spartan Q. Then I suddenly got super tired and fell asleep on my desk during the second play of Emperor Fitness. Twice. When I woke up the second time Spartan had just started up again. I turned it off, barely brushed my teeth and crashed into my bed around 2200.

I woke up 5 hours later and relaxed in bed for a bit longer. I don’t often have that luxury on workdays, so I enjoyed it.

Maybe it was the subs, this is the first time running those 3 subs. I don’t mind as much, I would much rather have my body gets tired enough that I am forced to go to bed instead of going that half-tired state where I’m yawning but feel mentally able to keep going.

Whatever the case, it gave me a nice start for this morning. So far I’ve done some pranayama (yoga breathing exercise), hung upside down for a while and about 1/3 of the water I should drink. Today’s biggest challenge will be to do that hour of yin yoga. There’s a a high resistance threshold to taking a full hour. Not to mention my lower back is still complaining.

I also want to add some new goals:

• Fully implement Nirvana as my GTD tool.
    Been wanting to do this one for a while. It’s hard when there remains so much unsorted stuff in the inbox. I’m still mostly reactive in my time management. I have instructions on how to do it, it’s mostly a matter of consolidating and then the very strict handling of stuff which is native to GTD.
  • Be able to have a basic conversation in Italian.
    Been doing Italian on Duolingo for a while. I can name most animals in the zoo, but it takes them forever to get around to actual conversations. :slight_smile:

I’m now running Paragon ZP and am about to do that vibration plate before a work meeting. I’ve run Paragon a lot since it was created so I don’t expect any major side-effects, but I’m hoping for a speedy recovery if I am to exercise again tomorrow.

I did look on the store, but Paragon seems to be the only sub for physical healing. All the other physical healing stuff is on the Q store. Which reminds me to get back to selecting modules for those customs.

2 Likes

What I managed to do:

• As stated yesterday, I got enough sleep which is a miracle all by itself.
  • I also started the day with pranayama exercises. Best replacement for coffee.
  • I did the vibration plate around noon and I started the yin yoga after work. It made me conclude that maybe I shouldn’t do yin yoga just yet, as some of the poses have become quite impossible for the time being. So I ended after about 20 minutes. I did some focused stretching later, my hamstrings are not happy.
  • I did almost an hour of IQ training as I still had to set up the software which requires calibration. It reminded me how much I despise dual n-back training. And then to think I have to go through 5 difficulty levels before I’ve gone as far as my brain can grow according to research.
    Also did attention focus training after.
    By the way, this is one of those rare times I actually experienced complete brain fatigue. In case you’re unfamiliar, it’s when you can literally not come up with anything complex anymore. You can still be wide awake, but you’re drawing blanks on anything but repetitive tasks.
  • I moved on to the questions-section of Duolingo. Cosa? Sì, le domande! E le risposte.
  • Ran a few loops of Paragon ZP scattered throughout the day, whenever it felt right.

Once again I went to bed earlier than expected. While I was stretching on the ground I felt so nice and comfortable that I rolled over and fell asleep. Woke up a few hours later with an extremely unhappy neck. So I went off to bed without doing anything else.

I drank more water, but not really enough. I also ate a bit too much, likely around 2500 cals. What can I say, it was a good movie. At least I managed it in 4 hours again.

Don’t have any meals prepared for tonight, so I’ll see how I do.

Slept about 7.5 hours, did my pranayama and added some neck mobility drills. My lower back feels okay, my upper back is complaining a bit. As is my neck from sleeping on my side on a hard wooden floor. I will do the swings again in a bit and see how they feel. If I can’t keep up I’ll switch to a lighter weight and try again. It’s important to keep training.

Part of me wants to go into a full-on fast and get that weight off fast. Although that would very likely work and do wonders for me, right now I kind of want to start building some muscles so I need to keep exercising. Besides, it would be a waste of good Emperor Fitness if I didn’t. But if my back recovery goes too slow I may have to rethink things.

I already ran GLM ZP today, now running the first loop of Spartan ZP. Both new to me as well, curious what they will do.

Anybody wonder what it would be like to run Mind’s Eye ZP and Dreams ZP while meditating right before sleep?

I have another goal for the Health section:

• Develop Wim Hof habits.
    Mainly talking about the cold showers here. Health benefits and saves on energy bills, makes me want to shower all day long. :slight_smile:
    Already do the breathing as part of my morning pranayama (that controlled hyperventilation is better than coffee) and I intend to practice yoga more thoroughly. That leaves the showers.
5 Likes

What type of IQ training are you doing? I used to do dual n-back many years ago too.

1 Like

What I managed to do:

• Got enough sleep again. I would appreciate it if I actually made it to my bed before falling asleep though.
  • Pranayama, followed by 3 minutes of neck mobility (did another 3 around noon).
  • The kb swings turned out to be a challenge. Didn’t even make it to 4 minutes before my lower back started cursing at me. Not the bad pain mind you, but the final warning before the bad pain starts. I went down a weight class and did the last minute, but that didn’t make much of a difference once the limit was reached.
    Fortunately the second set in the evening with the lower weight class allowed me to get to 7 minutes, resulting in a total of 220 swings.
  • Ate little over 1500 calories. I’m starting to believe that the biggest reason people lose weight with intermittent fasting is because they don’t have time to stuff their face. Even with an eating window of 4 hours, by the time my stomach is empty enough for more food the window is already closed. With OMAD (23:1) you get one shot to eat something, I’m betting you’ll make it count. OMAD + ADF? Wowsers!
  • Did my IQ training. A bit less frustrating this time around. My eyes feel like I forgot to blink for the past 20 minutes though.
  • Did the “mandatory” deep hamstring stretches and added on some really nasty hip openers. Will have to add some quad work as well, as it takes effort to tilt my hips enough to maintain good posture.

I may have to re-evaluate my exercise regimen. I did not expect swings would be this difficult. But maybe a 4-minute tabata with the 16k instead. Brings me to 8 sets of 10-11 swings instead of 10 sets of 20. Or maybe do the swings once a week and something else on the other exercise days. Like bodyweight pushups, pullups and squats. Those are simple enough to not trigger my resistance-threshold.

Noticing my chronological age here, I used to recover really fast after exercise.

I did discover the ultimate kettlebell though. For the low price of 300+ bucks. At least shipping is free. :slight_smile:

That’s actually pretty decent. Shipping costs for heavy items tends to be hefty (pun intended).

I felt the same tiredness coming on in the evening. I don’t know what to think about it. Getting enough sleep is great and I do like lying in bed all snuggled up in my warm blanket. But it requires far more efficient time management than I have presently.

Tiredness won out and I once again fell asleep on the yoga mat. It would be funny if it wasn’t so odd.

I’m deliberately writing “tiredness” instead of “exhaustion” because of the way it feels. I don’t feel like I’m tired, more like I want to roll up into a little ball and doze off with little Z’s above my head.

Today I’m running a bit behind as I find myself incredible productive at work, which automatically shuts my mind off from doing anything not work-related. But I should get the basics done. I do hope I’ll get around to adding in the Qigong session soon.

On to the Q&A section.

What do you mean? Right now it’s the basic Dual N-Back stuff, matching audio and visual cues, 10 rounds per session with the goal being N3 average.

After that, there’s more difficult ones which I haven’t looked at yet. The next level is facial expressions I think.

For focus training there’s a series of images where I have to push a button whenever I see one of males, females, indoors or outdoors, with the higher difficulty being overlapping images. The more I get wrong, the less clear the image becomes.

This last one is where I notice a downside to how my brain is wired. People whose brains are wired for Aspergers or autism often have a disconnect emotionally because they can’t read people as well. So they don’t know if somebody is happy or sad. More extreme cases they don’t even recognize male from female. With a bit of time they can figure it out

For those unfamiliar with Dual N-Back training, it increases the brain’s “working set” meaning the amount of data you are able to hold in your directly accessible foreground memory at any given moment in time. N3 means you can instantly recall where something was 3, 2 and 1 step(s) ago. And when it’s “dual” n-back, that means you have to recall where 2 things were 3,2 and 1 step(s) ago. Extremely frustrating. I’m an N2 average right now.

2 Likes

Dear @DarkPhilosopher,

We regret to inform you that your application for “Disappointment in health and fitness accomplishments in 2021” has been rejected.

In the future, your application will have a much greater chance of success if you refrain from—-quietly and with very little fanfare—-successfully embarking on and completing Superhero-level Dietary Fasts. In all frankness, the prodigious health benefits of that act alone (i.e., autophagy, apoptosis, sustained growth hormone release, and anti-aging, among others) were already enough to have your application summarily dismissed.

The fact that you did not opt to monitor and evaluate the numerous and unavoidable beneficial effects directly through bloodwork and other relevant tests does not, unfortunately, meet our stringent criteria for the absence of impressive health-related accomplishments. It is, in short, quite impossible that you did not amazingly impact your overall health and fitness through acts that you both deliberately chose and carried to fruition.

Your conscientious journaling of the experience had the additional unfortunate (and plausibly unintended) side-effect of inspiring and galvanizing those around you.

As always, your prose was excellently penned and an (unacknowledged) joy for our staff to read. We welcome your further applications should you actually, in the future, attain the status of being unimpressive.

Yours desultorily,
Disappointment Quarterly

(I’ve only skimmed the first post, so far. Will read the next one to see what you have planned for this year.)

3 Likes

I loved that!

Truth is that although I definitely did very well during that period, it was not long after when my home office and bathroom renovations started. Constant arguing with the bathroom contractor, having no sanitation for an entire month, inability to find all the stuff from my home office because it was in moving boxes cluttering up the living room, the continued isolation, uncertainty of still having a job in 2022 and finally a series of high-pressure projects at work gave me a lot of stress. And with stress came bad habits. And those bad habits didn’t want to go away. Before you know it the gains made during the fasts were lost.

It was simply too much, and I wasn’t able to retreat to my meditation spot either because that’s where all those moving boxes (still) are. I had nowhere to escape the stress to.

For the graphically inclined, this is my embarrassing weight chart:
weight
(Each dot is a Saturday)

You can see the two consecutive fasts, followed by a very nasty steady incline. And even though to the casual observer I don’t look “fat”, as a yogi I’m too used to having lots of empty space between my organs. So I can now distinctly feel every twist and bend and the impact on my joints.

This year I want to emphasize muscle building so that even in the eventuality of a repeat it would be much harder to “let myself go”. Although I will very likely still fast in May. By that time I hope the habit of exercising has kicked in and I can keep doing it with lower weights while fasting. If I can also adapt to ADF by then, I might only do the one fast.

Anyways, really thanks for that post Malkuth!

1 Like

I had a great fascination with brain training many years ago.
I still have some program called “HighIQPro”, which I believei s some re-made version of the Dual N-Back concept.
I haven’t been good at keeping track of the science on brain training recently, as I’ve gotten some other priorities.
Neurofeedback, transcranial magnetic brain stimulation, binarual beats (holosync, hemi-sync) – you name it, I’ve tried it.
One thing I’ve found quite interesting recently is this:

It’s currently out of stock, but if it comes back, I might get it.

The transcranial magnetic headset I use is this. It can stimulate any brain activity quite quickly (e.g. Delta for sleep, Theta for visualization, Alpha for relaxed focus):

I still use the magnetic headset from time to time. I was thinking of using it at the Delta program while listening to subs, since Delta offers a bridge to the subconscious mind. But then I recalled @SaintSovereign saying that the subs are designed to put you in whatever state necessary already.

Anyway, if you ever wish to discuss any brain training ideas with me, I’m all ears! It’s a nostalgic passion of mine.

Although anecdotal, many people report significant effects on dreams and intelligence using this program developed by a brain training enthusiast:

https://4skinskywalker.github.io/Syllogimous-v3/

Maybe give that a shot as well.

Good luck! Keep up the good journaling.

I would like to add to the post I made to Malkuth that I did keep the improved immune system and brain function from the fast. I put the weight back on, yes, but not all which was gained has been lost (or is it the other way around? :slight_smile: ).

I also kept a couple of the healthy habits and an increased awareness of the food that I do eat. Even during the stressful period I didn’t eat potato chips or fast food because they tasted disgusting to me. And the bad foods I did eat made me feel profound regret and disappointment afterwards (even some shame). I never really did enjoy them and often really questioned why I bought them in the first place. Except bread, that’s my guilty pleasure. Freshly baked bread with a crispy crust. Probably a leading cause for that weight incline.

What I did:

• The Oura ring is getting happier and happier with my sleeping habits. Another 7+ hours.
  • Pranayama and neck mobility. Neck is locked up and I do notice I’m not able to breathe in as deep as I’m used to. I blame visceral fat getting in the way of my diaphragm.
  • Vibration plate followed by stretching and a second set of neck mobility exercises. Funny how it always sounds like there’s a bit of sand between the discs when you move your neck.
  • IQ test rates me at N2.8 today. The focus test almost immediately made me feel tired. Could have been the food sinking in though.
  • Speaking of, After about 700 calories I didn’t have an appetite at all. I still ate some to get my vegetables in, ended with about 1850 in 5 hours.
  • Did a few loops of Paragon ZP. The first one was after work, so I was off to a late start there.
  • Finally, a nice stretching routine. I’m getting my flexibility back and my back and hips are becoming nicer to me when I put them in unusual angles. Feels good.
  • Also did a yoga session belonging to a course I was doing. I want to finish that course before starting another, so it was in my way to that shamanistic work.

And I made it past midnight without falling asleep!

So off to bed I went with some food for thought…

Had about 6 hours of sleep since I managed to stay up, but I woke up after 5.5 hours naturally and spent the last half hour thinking about things.

Which gave me an idea.

Looking at the way I structure my goals in domains/topics I think I should make a Trello account and put them all there.

I mean, right now it pretty much looks like that on paper anyway.

The free account gives 10 boards. That would allow me to designate 10 domains/topics, each with Do, Doing, Done columns. I might have to consolidate a few to keep it under 10. Or I could do a single board and create a column for each of the domains/topics, but without the Doing and Done.

I could also consider Clockify.

Which is also free and would allow me to actually log how much time I spend taking action on my goals. Might be a confidence booster, knowing I do spend a lot of time working towards a desired present.

I think I should spend some time in the weekend considering the pros and cons.

A little section about COVID coming into my life, read only if you're interested and can behave...

In other news, I contacted my upstairs neighbor yesterday. He’s been helping me with the DIY renovations (long and kind of interesting story behind that).

He told me he tested positive for the “Bullshit COVID”. So I asked him if that was a new variant. Alpha, Delta, Omicron, Bullshit. I might have to learn some Greek to see which letter that represents. :slight_smile:

Anyways, apparently he doesn’t believe it exists. Well, I suppose he’s one of those people that just calls it a flu, since his coughing and fever seem like a pretty decent convincer. Which is basically true, the flu and the common cold are both coronaviruses if I recall correctly, the corona-part is more the delivery mechanism.

He asked me if I was too scared to let him come over this weekend. I told him we’ll do some stuff remotely.

Fact is, I’m not scared of COVID. I trust my body and mindset to get me through naturally. But that doesn’t mean I want to tempt fate, I still follow the safety guidelines (which in my objective observation is more than I can say about most vaccinated people in my environment, ironically making them more dangerous than most unvaccinated ones). I wouldn’t invite my neighbor over if it were the flu either.

I always say that COVID and I have a gentleman’s agreement. He has done more good than bad in my life so I respect him. Basically, we’ve agreed that I wish him all the best, stay out of his way and he stays out of my way. So far, either it has worked or he paid me a visit and I was asymptomatic (which is not a stretch, I rarely show symptoms of anything).

Whatever may be, I find it interesting to know that all which separates me from an infected person right now is a wooden floor and a plasterboard ceiling. Puts things in perspective.

And back to the yellow brick road…

I got out of bed, did my pranayama and neck mobility stuff again. My back feels better, so I’ll try again with the heavier weight today. And my next post should be tomorrow.

Got 2 new goals for the fitness department:

• Gain the ability to do a freestanding handstand for at least 30 seconds a day.
  • Gain the ability to do a split and side-split.

It was so easy when I was younger. As adults it’s a measure of flexibility and mobility that few aspire to. And yet both of these are indications of a healthy body in my opinion.

Q&A

Ah, that what you meant. I thought so.

This might be interesting for @James since he’s the one that inspired me to do some IQ work.

I also use that app, but the most recent one.

It almost felt like a scam since they don’t really do any marketing that I know of so you just have to stumble across or hear about it from somebody else. Not to mention they keep changing the name of the apps (used to be i3 & i9 years ago and is now called the gFocus suite I think). It’s legit though.

The apps are simple and a bit odd since they are the only thing I know which uses Adobe Air, but they do the trick. Configuring them according to the instructions for the structured learning plan is a bit frustrating, but I get it now. I guess that’s the first test of logic reasoning, deciphering the instructions.

I find most added value is actually in the documentation and research papers. There’s all kinds of information about intelligence and the different forms and definitions of it. Also related topics.

For example, every session closes with a page like this:
Tutorial 1: Mindware Architecture & Mental Attitude 1 | HighIQPro
Replace the number at the end of the URL for other “tutorials”.

I also use a local website which has practice exercises like the ones one would find on IQ tests, so I do those as well to get into the logic mindset.

And I did actually schedule an official proctored IQ test on March 26 (if I’m not mistaken) just out of curiosity. Only allowed to take one of those a year so I intend to make it count.

How is that for taking action? Almost makes me ashamed I didn’t add Limitless into my stack. Almost.

The products you linked to are interesting. The past year there have been multiple crowdfunding projects which do what that NeoRhythm does except more and better. It is both intriguing and very scary to see just how easy it is to externally manipulate the brain’s frequency. I would try them but I still consider them a bit pricey.

There’s been some threads about brainwaves though if you’re interested, this being my own:

I also know @R.E.M.P.O uses/used a USB stick which radiates theta waves. Something like that anyway, I’m not entirely up to date.

@RVconsultant was/is a big fan of iAwake’s PMP program. No idea if he still uses it. I like it too (I like most of their stuff) but haven’t gotten into the habit yet.

I recall reading about one of our more prominent users who listens to his stack while meditating, which of course also has effects on brainwaves.

Subs, especially Ultimas, should put you in the right state of mind. And maybe ZP is even better at that. But we are human and some of us do experiment. Just let experimenting be the exception rather than the rule.

And how it is with electronics, when you fail to follow the guidelines your warranty is void. Try getting support from us then. :wink:

Looks interesting, thanks.

And thank you for the participation, it makes this journal so much more valuable.

4 Likes

Thank you for that. It looks incredibly fascinating and I just got a new laptop so this will be fun.

2 Likes

@DarkPhilosopher I will probably spend part of today reading their website and blog. Fascinating from what I have already read.

2 Likes

Ha, the more time I spend in this forum, the more I feel I’ve probably met half of you before.

I was quite deeply involved in the iAwake community a few years ago. Pam and John Dupuy, the founders, are very kind people. I find that Eric Thompson, the creator of PMP and the “biofield technology” in their products, makes some drastic claims that I do not agree with or benefit much from. He started his own company since which focuses entirely on this type of biofield technology (which I have tried most of and don’t experience a thing!). I must say I probably like the old PMP version better than 2.0. I’ve used 2.0 on and off for years, alongside the strongest levels of Holosync, and reached the point where I would basically laugh at the thought of ever having a panic attack or being depressed again. Then it all came crashing down as if not a minue of my endless hours of listening ever affected me in the slightest. So I moved on to bigger, better things – and here I am. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will check that out!

Some of the most valuable brainwave research was that of Robert Monroe, the founder of the Monroe Institute. The CIA had a particular interest in this institute and invested a significant amount of money into their workshops: https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/cia/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf.

Alongside this I also find that the Biocybernaut Institute is extremely fascinating in the type of work and research that they do (although some of it is a bit out-there, such as the notion that garlic is the most toxic substance for the brain you can ingest lol).

Indeed, I am an experimenter by nature and nothing could prevent me from pushing the boundaries. My first introduction to subs was SubliminalGuru by Inspire3, they also make Brain Evolution Program, Zen11 (or whatever it’s called) – it’s astonishing to think how much the technology has developed since. In retrospect I realize Inspire3 is a company with pretty shitty products and 90% marketing skills. The same applies to Centerpointe who make Holosync.

Hmm, this reminds me of a particular biofield creator who sells quite expensive biofield technology that’s put on USB sticks and hard drives and is supposed to be radiated as you wear it throughout the day. I don’t know if maybe this is what he might be using!

1 Like

I have Awakening Prologue by Holosync but I haven’t been as consistent with it like I was back in 2004 when I first started using it. I definitely need to be though. I can’t run isochronic tones. I have tried. That sound makes it incredibly difficult for me to relax.

1 Like

Since 2004… damn! That’s a long time ago.
I don’t like isochronic tones either.

@DarkPhilosopher I love how G Code mentions Executive Functioning. As someone with ADHD and on the spectrum this has fascinated me for a long time.
I keep reading how they guarantee an IQ increase of 10 - 20 points in 4 weeks and I can’t stop thinking about how I could become what Jordan Peterson calls " Hyper Intellectual"

1 Like

Unleash the inner savant within you. :wink:

1 Like

I have not been running it for twenty years. I think I ran it for somewhere around six months maybe longer. I had it on CD . A month or so ago I purchased the mp3 download from the Centerpoint website.
I would love to run the entire 12 or whatever levels there are. I have read where the people that do finish the entire program are some of the most chill relaxed folks out there
Get your emotions under control and then things interesting

1 Like