My 2022 Lifestyle Journal

I own and have used all Holosync levels. But I did not follow the recommended listening schedule, at all. I remember reading in Bill Harris’ book that those who finish the entire program get a waking brainwave pattern similar to the “Awakened Mind Pattern.” Myself, I never experienced any short-term or long-term transformation from any of the Holosync levels, nor any of the “emotional overwhelm” so many users constantly speak of. There’s been times I’ve listened daily for months to levels like Purification 4 and the first few Flowering levels. It’s notable that they used to offer the Flowering levels on cassettes which I heard could not possibly even reproduce the frequencies needed in those levels (placebo at the end of the program?).

1 Like

That would be fun as long as I don’t become insufferable…
There has to be balance. That’s why things like Dragon Reborn are essential.

2 Likes

I remember reading an old Holosync forum and it was fascinating reading the experiences of people that had just started or where almost done with the Flowering levels.
The biggest reason I haven’t purchased any of the Awakening levels is because I don’t want the subliminal affirmations. If I can opt out of that I will probably pursue the rest of the program

1 Like

Tapatalk? :slight_smile:

I’m sure it should be possible. I know many who took Holosync without any affirmations, me included. If I could, I would share it with you, but I’m sure that would go against both ethics and the rules of the forum. Holosync is extremely overpriced in terms of what it offers (Bill himself said he made them in his 20s using borrowed equipment from his university :wink: ).

That’s what it was called. Thank you.
We start discussing IQ and now I’m watching Jordan Peterson videos on YouTube. I may not agree with him entirely but he does get a person thinking and has some interesting views

1 Like

I take sauna extremely seriously.

So let me know if you ever come to Finland, and I’ll arrange an authentic (drunk as hell) sauna experience for you. I’d prefer middle of winter, so we can go middle of nowhere near Russian border. Roll naked in the snow and then rush back to sauna.

@James also has an ongoing invitation.

1 Like

Wow, just like that my journal exploded with interesting conversation. I love it!

What I did after spending an hour or two on my previous post:

• Slept 6-something hours, so my ring is a bit less happy. But I feel alert and awake.
  • Did my pranayama and neck mobility. I really wish my neck felt better but no matter which super-duper pillow I try I can’t quite get it right.
  • Did 7 minutes of swings with the 24k and the second set of neck mobility exercises. No complaints from my back this time, the reason I stopped is because I got a bit dizzy. I guess 7 minutes of HIIT was enough for my cardiovascular. Still, good news.
    Was able to do another 5 minutes in the evening, then my back showed up. I’m improving.
  • Contractor for the bathroom called and asked if he could come by for the finishing touches. Everything except the little corner shelves in the shower. He wants more money for those, !$@#@!
    I love how he always comes across as not having a care in the world. The world could be ending and he’ll tell you with a smile everything is gonna be fine. It really ticks me off…
    After telling me in a very pleasant manner that he expects me to give him a 5-star rating or else, he did drop by and actually finished the bathroom. It’s not showroom quality (which I expected for that price) but it’s probably better than most bathrooms in the neighborhood. Just need to do some finishing touches myself and then I can finally check that room off the list. Feels good not having to deal with him anymore.
  • I managed to hit N4 on the IQ test. Once.
    I am starting to think it is the IQ test which causes me to fall asleep not long after. That thing really wipes me out mentally.
  • Today was Emperor Fitness day again. I realized I only get to listen to it twice a week so I removed Spartan Q from the stack to give more focus on eFit. I run Spartan ZP once a week anyway.
  • Once again I had no appetite. So I ate some extra nuts, a smoothie and a hot chocolate at the end of the day, coming in at about 1900 cals. I assume I’m burning more.

I spent several hours figuring out financial issues concerning my salary. They are very flexible when it comes to the year-end bonus and paid leave, so if I designate it just right I can achieve maximum tax benefits. And create the ability to take paid leave whenever I need it which I consider a very important thing. I even found a way to basically get interest on my paid leave reserves. If I don’t use the hours now but wait until after I’ve had a raise I technically get more for them compared to if I had spent them now.

Then there’s the tax-free budget for buying computer supplies and transportation for work. Apparently I can even buy new carpeting and curtains for my home office tax-free if I’m smart about it. :slight_smile:

It was a fun little exercise. Keeps me sharp.

Speaking of, I usually do a timed Sudoku during my break and I noticed what I think is the result of that n-back training. When I look at a section it’s like all the missing numbers get stored on a shelf right in front of me in my mind, so that I can compare and scratch them off in the puzzle without having to reach into my memory. I also see which ones are missing much faster compared to last week. No idea if there is a correlation and Sudoku isn’t really going to help me in my life (research actually proved that), but still.

I didn’t do any stretching, I felt so tired I just wanted to drop into bed.

Today is going to be a challenge for me. Traditionally the weekend is my 2 cheat-days when it comes to food. Which is manageable if I don’t overeat and I maintain a strict diet the rest of the week. Still, I have to consider what I’ll do now. I think I’ll give today a shot. If I overdo it, then tomorrow is a fasting day.

My idea is to build up to the OMAD/ADF diet, but going cold turkey is likely going to take all my willpower. Which I’d rather divide among multiple new habits.

I do have a question for you guys. If I do get to ADF (Alternate Day Fasting for those unfamiliar with the concept), should I eat on the exercise or the recovery days? Or in other words: should I eat within hours after exercise but about 36 hours _before exercise, or about 12 hours before and 24 hours after exercise? It shouldn’t make too much difference for my energy levels, I’m mainly wondering when my body will make best use of the nutrients to grow muscles with.

Goals to add:

• Learn to play piano. Still have to refine this one. Maybe I’ll set it to be able to play one specific song, something like that.
    Can’t believe I forgot this one, it’s been on my list for 2 years, ever since I gave up on sax because the neighbors kept calling the police. :slight_smile:
  • Learn how to draw. One thing I’ve always wanted to learn is how to draw those stunningly beautiful RPG women wearing armor that cannot possibly provide any protection. But being able to draw things in general would be great.

You may notice by now that I do try my best to create goals for all the aspects of my brain. Logical, emotional, rational, creative and so on. I think it is important to try and stimulate all equally.

The only thing which keeps coming up last is relationships. I can’t help it, there’s so much to do and relationships are a time-vacuum. The ROI (Return on Investment) is so low. :slight_smile:

If I do end up using Trello I might make it public if possible and link to it here, removing all the goals from the journal. Makes it less cluttered.

Q&A

We’re on PMP 3.0 by now. I like the occasional forays into Epsilon and Lambda. I think I actually have Lambda in my sleep stack halfway through.

Just a quick note, biofields are a touchy topic here on the forum, mainly thanks to a particular YT creator, so it’s best not to discuss them too often.

Another program I wish I could get through. All that potential for lucid dreaming and out of body trips. Plus the exercises are pretty good.

Think I have that one covered in dust somewhere as well.

I don’t think so, this was his thread:

But he mentioned using it on other threads as well.

Seems to be pure tech.

Be careful passing judgment here. Our users believe in very diverse things.

So I wouldn’t be the smartest person in the room anymore? Dang it!

Always sounded like a cult to me. You couldn’t buy the next level until you had proven to have run the previous level. Not to mention it was pretty pricey.

It did give it an air of mystery though, I always wondered what would happen at the end.

You’re still here though… :slight_smile:

I got hooked on him (like most people) after that TV interview which turned into a meme.

I mainly like that he acknowledges gender differences when the whole world keeps denying they exist. I think we should celebrate our differences. Doesn’t make either less than the other, just different.

I certainly don’t want to date somebody just like me. This much masculinity should be taken in moderation…

I could probably arrange that fairly quickly and I’ve been meaning to go to the Scandinavian region for ages. I’d move there if English was the native tongue. Everybody is so healthy and just as pale as me. And the female Norwegian school teachers, best motivation to go back to school.

I really don’t like to get drunk though, so that might be a problem.

2 Likes

The ways I could reply to that one…

Nah, too easy…

2 Likes

Sorry, me confusing the numbers. 3.0 is what I’ve mostly used, 2.0 is what I prefer. I once used 2.0 walking outdoors and found myself completely unaware of what I was doing, like some sort of a trance. This has never happened to me on any other such program. 2.0’s soundtrack is also way more pleasant. I don’t think it’s sold anymore though. Lambda in your sleep sounds quite intense… I avoid high-frequency brain states mainly because I have had a long time of OCD which was only recently cured, and research has shown a link between Gamma activity and OCD.

Oh… okay :face_with_monocle:

My understanding of scalar waves, although not refreshed, is that it’s created when two electromagnetic poles wired in opposite directions interact with each other, creating a vaccum from which supposedly higher-dimensional energy fills up the void. I have such a device, with two electromagnetic poles and a signal generator. I struggle to see how this would be achieved on a USB, but maybe there’s many kinds of scalar waves. They are not part of “mainstream science” anyway.

Be careful :wink:

Joke aside, I never meant to pass judgment onto anyone. It can be difficult to sustain balance in discussions in online forums, I find it to be a quite involved task. So if I said anything that wasn’t appropriate, I apologize.

I live in Scandinavia, yet nobody gave me no invite :slightly_frowning_face: Nevertheless, saunas are not really my thing.

Keep up the good journaling my friend!

1 Like

What I did:

• Actually got out of bed on time!
    Big surprise to me as I’m used to having enough sleep debt that I sleep through half the weekend. But with all the sleeping this week I woke up naturally in the morning.
  • Pranayama, neck mobility, vibration plate, still on track.
  • IQ test and extended Duolingo as well.
  • Don’t quite know how much I ate. More than I should, less than the previous weekends.

I kind of love waking up on time, although now I’m required to actually do something productive with all that time. And definitely not spend it eating and watching TV. Already spent the first hour of the day on the forum.

As per usual on Saturdays, I weighed in. Didn’t lose a lot of weight, but my body composition changed a lot according to the scale. We’ll have to see if that holds.

It wasn’t my most productive day and I didn’t expect it to. I intended to study up on that Trello/Clockify idea, or Nirvana, but ended up installing Windows OS X 11 on my work PC instead. Microsoft is true to form and I can strongly recommend people stay on Windows 10. Or Linux.

Still, it needed doing so the time wasn’t a waste.

Anyways, making it work well enough to use it for work again took quite a while so I stayed up until hours before sunrise. I then (in order to not oversleep too much) took out my yin yoga mat, a blanket and a pillow and lay down on my office floor, setting my clock for 5 hours later.

I don’t know why I didn’t get tired this time around. I did, however, wake up naturally and alert 4 hours later, my neck a bit worse from sleeping on the floor.

Which brings me to today.

I slept a whopping 3 hours according to my ring, but I’m feeling okay. Not happy with the fact, but okay.

First thing I did when grabbing my morning tea (I can do that in a fasted state, although I should cut out the sweeteners) was to clean out the dishwasher and clean the kitchen counter. Never underestimate the mental benefits of an uncluttered environment.

Also did my breathing and neck mobility. It’s now noon.

Time to finally take down the Christmas tree. Strange, the effect it has on me. I like the warm fuzzy feeling of Christmas and always try to extend it for as long as possible (I would love to live in one of those Christmas all year round towns you see in movies sometimes). But the downside is that the tree keeps me “stuck” in the previous year. Mentally, the year hasn’t really begun until all the decorations are gone.

This year, the mental urge to take down the decorations and get this year underway has actually been stronger than the desire for the warm fuzzy (brings back Speed Seduction memories) feeling. I’ve actually taken the window decorations down already.

Now, having slept next to it last night, I’m finally packing up the tree as well. Yes, I have an artificial one. I would absolutely love a real one, but seeing them dying, just lying there abandoned on the streets breaks my heart every time. So I keep an artificial one. One day I’ll have my dream home and I’ll grow one out front.

Until tomorrow!

Q&A

Actually, because it hides in Epsilon you have to go all the way down. Lambda is one of the few where I actually get “lost time” occasionally.

I’m odd anyway, since according to the EEG I’m walking around with Theta and Delta during my waking hours. Puts a whole new perspective on the idea that life is but a dream. Plus, I’m very, very chill. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to cure OCD? As far as I know the only thing which can be done is to numb yourself, to train yourself to ignore it. I have a mild case where I have to check every faucet and door before leaving my home because the trigger which tells me it is safe doesn’t fire. I compensate a lot by having smart home sensors and cameras, but generally I have to accept the feeling of uncertainty and simply walk away. After 15-20 minutes the feeling is gone. One of the reasons I love working from home I suppose.

I didn’t think it was possible to cure it.

Touché.

No need to apologize. Generally, I meant to recognize the difference between stating one’s opinion (it sounds like a cult to me) and making a statement (It is a cult). Even if the intent is the same, it gets interpreted differently. I’ll say what I think about things often enough, it’s a masculine trait to be your own person. As long as I don’t take away the same freedom from others.

Anyways, we’ve moved on.

How about you do the drinking and I do the sauna? Do enough drinking and you’ll still end up rolling naked in the snow with Hoppa, but that’s a different story.

Although I suspect the drinking is to numb oneself to the temperature difference.

And finally,

@Chase the abbreviation was appreciated. You know what I’m referring to. If the response was a bit harsh, it’s because of the historic volatility of the topic and was in no way personal.

2 Likes

This is interesting. It tends to be, according to my understanding, such that younger people have more waking Delta. According to the Muse EEG (which is not a very reliable EEG, but does a decent job at giving an idea)—I believe my brainwaves were structured in the order of Alpha, Delta, Beta, Theta, Gamma.

I didn’t think so either, but it turns out my OCD (which consisted of both the general kind of double-checking and worrying, but mainly of false memories), was just as the literature suggests a lack of serotonin in certain areas of the brain.

As I’ve written in some other places, I decided to finally give medication a shot and was prescribed fluoxetine. From the first dose I never had a panic attack again and over the following months my OCD would just gradually disappear. I’m all but numb now; I do experience more positive emotions and almost never anxiety, but aside from that there’s no difference in my personality or mental state.

Deal :smiley:

Well, I heard there are some benefits of cold exposure… increased blood flow? I don’t quite remember. It sounds awful but certainly something I’d consider adding to my bucket list for the sake of the challenge. :smiley:

What I did:

• Morning ritual of breathing and neck mobility is starting to feel effortless. I may add something onto it.
  • A crapton of Italian so I could get back in the highest League in Duolingo. Stupid leagues.
  • And of course my daily IQ tests. Which consistently give me a serial yawning fit.

Took me 2 hours to take all the Christmas decorations down and store them away. The house feels sterile now. But there’s room for other things. I might get my MIDI keyboard out of storage, and/or do some Tai Chi. And it opens up room to continue the renovations of my office. Boy, will I be glad when those are done.

Today is a rest day, both from subs and exercise. Only one I get in a week. And so it’s no surprise I didn’t do a whole lot except some much needed cleaning. Also some digital cleaning.

By the way, I calculated that I ate little over 2000 cals on Saturday and a little less on Sunday. This is about my BMR so I did okay this time I guess. My eating windows was a bit larger though.

Today I slept in an hour, so I’m having a bit of a late start. Haven’t gotten around to the pranayama yet, since I now have to do that during work and stuff keeps coming up. I’ll likely do it right before my midday swings.

Speaking of, I do notice definite improvements in posture already as my back is pulling me upright. My resting heart rate is also dropping slowly and my HRV is rising. My lung capacity is rising as well, I can do 8-second breaths again.

Looking forward to get into my weekday rhythm again, last week was pretty satisfying.

Q&A

I have a Muse S myself. I spoke a lot about it in my previous journals (search for “Fast Lane” and then the healing one). I fully intended to use it a lot on those journals, but…

Unfortunately it has trouble with the ear sensors. They made a new model but I’m not gonna spend that much again until I have a habit. And by that time there may be better things out there.

Anyway, it gave me those fun readings. Also used it with the Mind Monitor app, which is “recommended” by Muse if you’re looking for raw data. But you probably already knew that.

Mine is somehow centered on my home. During my teens I ended up on the streets with no possessions and no future. I fought my way back up to where I am now, but ever since I have this abnormal fear that whenever I leave my home it won’t be there when I get back.

Logically I know it makes little sense, but it’s there nonetheless. If somebody else is in the house when I leave I don’t have an issue. If I leave the office I also don’t have an issue. If I know I can get back home fast, it’s less intense than if I travel far away. So maybe in my case it’s also not “real” OCD but manifests similar symptoms. All I know is that the “all safe” signal often doesn’t go off in my head when I close a faucet or door or turn off an electrical device. It also manifests when using power tools. :slight_smile:

Oh well, we adapt and evolve. And that I am good at.

The Wim Hof method is on my list.

It has many health benefits beyond blood flow. I believe it also accelerates recovery (gymnasts in training often take ice baths) and healing, makes us more alert and stimulates things like growth hormone and youthfulness of the skin.

I remember a dating guru who recommended all men should learn how to jump into a cold shower. His reasoning (backed by his own and his students’ experience) was that the same mental resilience which allows you to not scream like a little girl, forget to breathe and jump like a cat seeing a cucumber also translates to social areas. Instead of losing your cool (pun intended) your mind becomes able to immediately go into handling whatever situation presents itself. In a calm and confident way.

Essentially it’s a form of training your willpower.

In the meantime, Hoppa was responding but thought better of it…

2 Likes

I many times intend to, but then I remember that I have a fixed quota of words I can use during my life, so…

1 Like

This is very sad to hear and I completely understand the feeling and thoughts that you are describing. OCD thoughts by nature do not have any logic in them whatsoever, they somehow bypass the critical thinking of the brain. Yet we think so deeply about them that we “make” them logical to ourselves. It definitely sounds like what you’re describing is a form of OCD. Nobody could ever understand the amount of thoughts and their depth surrounding OCD compulsions – entering an OCD sufferer’s brain for a minute would be like entering the mind of an alien.

I hope that it gets better (even if you say it isn’t that bad as of now), and please keep an eye out for serotonin research since these thoughts in my opinion are very likely to be due to a serotonin deficiency in certain neural pathways. But of course, I have no doubt you’re good at adapting and evolving so you may well find your own way to reduce these types of thoughts. :slight_smile:

This is interesting to read. Could it be compared to a form of stoicism?

1 Like

Even if you’re this guy?

:smiley:

1 Like

So that’s where it went. Been wondering why my quota was so low.

2 Likes

Yesterday:

• Got the pranayama and neck mobility in a bit late.
  • Did 5 minutes (100 reps) of swings at noon before I felt a bit unsteady. I’m sure I could have done more with a short pause, but I’m intentionally going for the 10 minute 200 swing mark. 100 swings is good, later in the day more.
    I did 8 minutes after work, felt pretty good.
  • I did 15 minutes of yoga and a 5 minute meditation as per Kassandra’s latest challenge:
    15 min Monday Morning Gentle Yoga - DAY 1 - YouTube
    It’s 7 days and quite doable. I usually subscribe to her free challenges.
  • For food I steamed a bag of vegetables and ate the bread remaining from the weekend. I wasn’t that hungry and ended up with less than 1000 calories.
  • The IQ test is still giving me yawning fits from the start. Had a big boost in memory, decrease in focus.

I slept in a little and then got super busy at work, so running a bit late on everything today.

It’s a special kind of cruelty when you’re practicing intermittent fasting and the first thing your phone presents you with in the morning is this:
That’s not what I signed up for when I allowed it to change my backgrounds periodically.

Still, I did get some incentive to not eat, as a piece of a tooth (I suspect a filling) came loose. Guess it’s time for that crown I’ve been postponing for several years. Kind of surprising it took so long before the filling let go. I can’t stand dental issues. Apart from being very expensive to fix, teeth are so sensitive that messing around with them can break the strongest of people. Not to mention they rarely get any better.

I have been thinking about those cold showers. I figure a good way to start is by getting in the shower before it gets warm. Since it’s a small space with a rain shower head there’s literally nowhere to dodge. I’d get in, turn it on and have to deal with the cold until the warm water reaches it. Should be about a minute. May not seem like much, but it’s the initial shock we wish to overcome.

I’m no longer falling asleep, causing me to stay up after midnight. I think I liked it better when I still got tired and got enough sleep. Also forced me to do that stretching routine, which I now skip more. I do at least try and do a standing forward fold for 5 minutes before bed. Those hamstrings need work.

Today:

Another busy start. Been in meetings all morning. Dentist asked me if I could make it at 11. Unfortunately I couldn’t so now it’s soft foods until February 17. One good thing is they make their own crowns now, so it all gets done in a single day.

It’s now noon, about to take my blood pressure (diastolic is a little high still) then get the breathing exercises, neck mobility and vibration plate in.

Today feels a bit off. Don’t feel like doing much. Good thing it’s a recovery day.

Q&A:

I can see the gravestone now:

Here lies Hoppa
Wasted no words
Became famous
for his one-liners.

The way my limited knowledge on the subject describes it is that it’s a signal in the brain which doesn’t fire. Like my “all clear” signal. That makes sense to me. The part that doesn’t is that I only have it when leaving home. Logic would dictate it happens everywhere.

Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things and it doesn’t bother me too much. Plus, it pretty much guarantees I’ll never leave a device on or forget my keys.

That was actually the word I wanted to use at first. Then I realized I’m not entirely clear on what stoicism is.

2 Likes

Yesterday:

• My usual breathing, neck mobility drills and vibration plate.
    It still surprises me how unsteady my legs become after 10 minutes on that plate. Maybe I’m squatting a bit deeper than before
  • Had the neighbor over to discuss the renovations. He’s 13 days since getting COVID symptoms so it seems a responsible risk. The plan is to create an even bigger mess for a while, something I don’t like. But as long as it gets done, at least it’s progress.
  • Did my 20 minutes with Kassandra, which included my favorite (not!) hip opener, the Dragon pose. After about 90 seconds it starts breathing fire.
  • Ate around the 2000 cals mark.
  • And of course I did my sub stack. I wonder when the Beasts and multi-stagers will get their ZP treatment. Which might not matter if I then create a Q custom. But still.

I like how it feels like my body is coming awake again. I can feel muscles activating when walking, my posture both sitting and standing is improving, my heart and lungs are becoming more cooperative. Just an overall feeling of wellness.

Funny really, I’m very in touch with my body, can sense most of what’s going on in there, but I consider it winning the lottery to experience something on subs. Doesn’t mean they’re not working, just to clarify.

I’ve always had difficulty getting enough water. I mean I have no issue waking up and drinking a bucket of water first thing, but that would go straight through me. Instead I have an issue where I don’t get thirsty very often, so drinking throughout the day is a challenge.

To help out, I keep trying ways to make it easier. Around Christmas I bought 4 thermos bottles, each good for 2 glasses. I fill 2 before noon and 2 after with hot water so I don’t have to get up for tea. This is for the cold days. For the warm days I bought 4 water bottles a week ago. Coincidentally it’s a different brand but they have the same style and make as the thermos bottles.

Anyways, I’m hoping that filling them with this fixed amount of water will make it easier to grab some throughout the day because it’s right next to me on my desk.

I should also get new filters for my special water filter, which emulates the Earth’s natural process of filtering (takes an hour to filter) and has a reservoir with mineral rocks to result in natural mineral water. I will clean the filter thoroughly and start using it to fill those bottles.

Apart from not getting thirsty, I also rarely get hungry. These things are a byproduct of frequent fasting. As a result it’s easy to abstain from food or liquids. And so as long as I keep busy throughout the day I won’t reach for TV and snacks and my calorie count stays below my daily expenditure.

The reason I’m bringing this up is because I’m curious if I will be developing muscles even though I’m at a deficit. How efficient is my body going to be in converting fat and the protein I do ingest into muscles? Something I never did have a satisfying answer for.

Today:

Had an earlier start, so I got my morning routine in before the first work meetings. Feels good. I also feel more productive.

Other than that, today looks to be an uneventful day. I’ll have to try and add something new into the mix.

1 Like

What’s this? Did you mention it somewhere before?

I’m slowly getting into fitness. Need a slow start and have to be able to do all the stuff at home/ office.

Having mild flu symptoms, feeling a bit weird in the lungs department. So being extra careful right now.

I don’t know if it is a coincidence, but after I got my first covid jab last summer, after 3 weeks I suddenly started getting out of breath just from taking a shower and putting my clothes on. I’m still not fully recovered from that and it’s been 6 months now. Need to really take it slowly to build up the cardiovascular fortitude. I’ll edit this last part out as I don’t want it to side track the conversation. Or you do it once you have read it.

What filter do you use?