Building Customs in the Q-Store: Ultima Cores vs. Major Program Cores

(I did a quick search through the topics here and I did not see this exact question, so I’m creating a new topic for it.)

We know that when it comes to Major Programs—especially feature-packed programs like Emperor, Quantum Limitless and so on—the Q-Store core will generally be a leaner, pared-down version: capturing the essential ‘core’ of that program. I think the reason for this is to allow the modules to work more smoothly with the automatization and customization of the Q-Store.

But I was wondering, when it comes to Ultima Cores in the Q-Store, are these exactly or almost exactly the same as what is in the original Ultima program? Or are they also pared down somehow in order to work with Q-Store automatization?

I figured that since the Ultima programs are comparatively much lighter in the first place (I’m judging that based on file size), then the Q-Store Ultima Cores may just be pretty much identical. But I don’t know if that’s accurate. So that’s my question.

4 Likes

Am glad you asked this question since this was recently on my mind and I too figured that Ultima Cores would be comparitively more complete than Main Title Cores. Or are we overthinking this? Lol

Will tag @Fire here

2 Likes

While I would also like to know exactly how this works
I think the general premise is if you like the store program you can expect something as close to translatable as possible in function, feel, and results as a core in a custom. And I would bet the same holds true for Ultima cores. How they’ll mix with other modules/cores is another story of course though.

1 Like

I thought the cores in the Q store are the same as the majors just without the structural programming/standard script?

Same as how its done for sex mastery vs sex mastery in other programs?

3 Likes

@Meng123. You’re right.

a bunch of unnecessary elaborations of my understanding

I had actually seen that explanation before but it seemed to refer to concepts for which I had no practical definitions. And the term ‘core’ was being used in a few different ways. So it was hard for me to really integrate the meaning very well.

Just now, I just took 5-10 minutes and searched up the terms “Mandatory Q Core” and “Mandatory Core” and read through several posts to try to understand it better. And I see that you’re right.

It’s in that first quote you posted.

the support scripting of the cores supports the CORE first and not the entire title.

The answer is right here. But this sentence is also the conceptual equivalent of a tongue-twister. Easy to repeat and understand if you’re very fluent in the language, but kind of difficult if you’re not. (I’m not fluent in this language: subliminal scripting.)

So, it’s basically just as you said. For Emperor Q Core, for example, almost the entire Emperor script is there (minus the unnecessary ‘standard script’ in the original that’s now replaced by the mandatory Q core script). But, even though the whole Emperor script is in the Emperor Q Core module, some vital and essential parts of that script are prioritized/emphasized.

These really central vital bits could be considered as ‘the core of the Core’.

I actually basically understand this now. I know that it can be tricky to explain the structure of a product when you also need to keep the proprietary details of it private.

But I can see now how this basically answers my question at the top of the thread.

And now I can also basically intuit the answer to my central question about Ultimas.

To wit (I’ve actually never said ‘to wit’ before. first time for everything.) Anyway. To wit: since the original Ultima scripts are probably lighter and more tightly focused in scope than most major programs, then it’s likely that the Ultima Cores on the Q-Store are even more similar to those originals. Even more similar, that is, than Major Program Q Cores are to their originals. Since the entirety of an Ultima program is basically the CORE and there are not really many extra bits to be at a lower priority.

Bottom line, I think I get it now. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hmm,i thought what he meant by that quote is the modules/support scripting will support the core first and not the entire custom.like transcendental connection in medici will work mainly on the objectives of the medici core but if you take the module it will work on the custom as a whole including all the cores/modules in it same as how rebirth is in every core but only works on the objectives of the core it is in while if you take the rebirth module it works on all the cores/modules in the custom?

Cause saint went into more detail about that quote in another post

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true. You’re right again.

hahaha.

That last quote really brings it together and expresses it clearly.

Thank you, @Meng123. I thought I understood it, but I was not quite there.

Now I think I finally understand why Saint keeps saying this.

As you say, Transcendental Connection is there in the script of the Q-Store’s House of Medici Q Core script; but it may or may not be geared towards the overall agenda of the Custom you’re including it in. It will, rather, be focused on the original agendas of House of Medici.

To ensure that Transcendental Connection ‘bonds with’ and contributes to the overall agenda of your Custom, add the Transcendental Connection module.

There’s still a little vagueness in here, but it’s small enough to not matter.

4 Likes

I guess to once and for all verify this, someone has to be the guinea-pig, pull out his wallet and purchase a one Core Custom without any Modules and compare it to the Regular Title from the store.

1 Like

Is that allowed? I thought 10 was the minimum. :thinking:

Sshh, none has to know – it is our little secret! :no_mouth:

1 Like

Think only one person managed to do that but the name embedding still made a difference for them

Saint fixed the system after that though so would only work if your lucky and it somehow passes the integrity check

2 Likes

I was going to create a new topic for this question, but it seemed appropriate to come back here to the thread where @Meng123 first schooled me and the point at which I recognized his greatness as The Archivist a.k.a. The Archival One a.k.a. Master of Archives. (basically I was creating a post for my question, and then this post popped up as similar.)

So, I have another question:

Situation:
I’m creating a Standard Q (v2) Custom and I will include one or more Ultima programs as modules. Let’s say, I’m creating a Health and Healing Custom (I actually will be doing this). I’m going to include Paragon as one of the important modules.

So, would Paragon in this case be considered as a major program core? Or would it be closer to just another module?

You know we have a general injunction to stick to no more than 3 major programs in a custom subliminal. Does that include Ultima cores like Paragon, Diamond, or The Commander?

Any thoughts, reactions, guidance?

1 Like

Personally would still count the ultima cores as cores but saint and fire have also said that the ultima cores are comparitively smaller than normal cores so you might be able to get away with 4 or maybe 5 including ultima cores.only saint or fire would be able to give a definitive answer though,maybe send a support ticket?

1 Like

:pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6:

It’s not worth a support ticket right now because I’m not going to act on it very soon. Besides your answer makes complete sense.

There are even some major program cores that are less bulky, like Inner Circle or Mind’s Eye. So, what makes sense is to keep a general estimate in my mind, and to then double-check my planned build with customer service once I get around to actually creating the thing.

1 Like