Articles thread

Lets not continue this discussion about a person, there seem to be intense emotions involved and that does not contribute to an open exchange of opinions.

Edit: @RVconsultant feel free to delete my posts in this thread if you feel they lead to far away from the topic.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Inside Mark Zuckerberg’s Lost Notebook

Truly a man with a vision from the start…

THE YEAR I first met Zuckerberg, he was living in a one-­bedroom apartment a short walk from the Facebook offices, which were spread among a few buildings in downtown Palo Alto. Always with him was one of his notebooks. Those who visited his apartment, with its mattress on the floor and barely used kitchen, might spot a stack of completed journals. But most of his time was spent in the crowded, chaotic Facebook offices, where he could be seen, head down, scrawling in his crabbed, compact script. He sketched out product ideas, diagrammed coding approaches, and slipped in bits of his philosophy. Page after page were filled with straight lines of text, bullet-pointed feature lists, flow charts.

Zuckerberg was no longer doing much coding; he was focused mostly on the big picture. The notebooks allowed him to work out his vision in detail. When Facebook engineers and designers rolled in to the office, they would sometimes find a few photocopied pages from the notebooks at their workstations. The pages might contain a design for a front end or a list of signals for a ranking algorithm. He was still finding his way as a communicator, and the pages often opened up a conversation between the recipients and their boss. They also imbued Zucker­berg’s thoughts with a kind of inevitability. The printed page can’t be deleted or altered, or forwarded in infinitely duplicable digital form. Whiteboards appeared in abundance in every Facebook office, and employees couldn’t survive without excellent dry-eraser skills. But a Zuck notebook carried the sanctity of a papal decree.

2 Likes

Do you ever see how you talk to people? Obviously those millions you made have gone to your head and made you think you have some right to talk down and belittle people…

This is exactly why you should be suspended from the forum because you seem to lack the social qualities to be able to have a conversation without coming off as rude and you don’t even care or seem to want to change that.

3 Likes

Can’t help but take out a certain line from Steve Jobs in an old interview…

Steve Jobs: Well again after seeing… my entire life has been spent only in one industry which is this one. And but I’ve been in it now for about fifteen years and I’ve seen a lot of people make a lot of things. I’ve seen a lot of people fail a lot of things. And my point of view on this, or my observation is that the doers are the major thinkers. The people that really create the things that change this industry are both the thinker and doer in one person. And if we really go back and we examine, you know did Leonardo have a guy off to the side that was thinking five years out in the future what he would paint or the technology he would use to paint it, of course not. Leonardo was the artist but he also mixed all his own paints. He also was a fairly good chemist. He knew about pigments, knew about human anatomy. And combing all of those skills together, the art and the science, the thinking and the doing, was what resulted in the exceptional result. And there is no difference in our industry. The people that have really made the contributions have been the thinkers and the doers.

2 Likes

@MadaraUchiha

Even though you might think you are doing nothing wrong, there is no room on this forum for belittling or insulting anyone even if you think you have evidence to do so.

I’m not sure how to make this any more clear.

6 Likes

Sadly i don’t think you can see, he sees nothing wrong with how he talks to people… He has stated multiple times that he has done nothing wrong and consistently asks you and @DarkPhilosopher what exactly he has done wrong lol.

He is only going to learn if he gets punished honestly… He is only going to see the error of his ways if he gets some kind of punishment for them that stop him from posting in which case he will probably ask Saint or fire what he did wrong

He does not acknowledge you or dark as authority figures on the forum

Pretty sure he has most of the forum users on ignore lol

You are more than welcome to delete this post as it is off topic

3 Likes

I understand what you are saying. I also want to thank you for your continued positive contributions, and assisting others on this forum in clarifying their goals and encouraging their progress.

4 Likes

Thank you for that :slight_smile:
I appreciate the kind words and i will continue to try my best to be a positive contribution to others.

But the real thanks is to you, Dark, Saint, and Fire for building and maintaining this wonderful community of sub users. And also doing your very best job with being helpful to people.

4 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Apparently i was totally wrong on this … He just ended up going even more over board and acting in a totally messed up…

1 Like

Just in case don’t feel guilty about you mentioning he should get suspended
You’re not the cause of it neither the cause of his lashing out
His reaction was bound to happen it seems that he was holding a lot of grudges

2 Likes

I honestly don’t feel bad he got suspended, and i don’t feel bad that I said he should be punished for the way he talks to people on the forum. I honestly thought his suspension was long overdue.

I just didn’t think he would go completely overboard with it, i mean he has that superiority complex going on where he thinks he is better than everyone else and can talk to anyone how he sees fit without repercussions. And if there are repercussions he would play the victim card…

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I understand what you are referring to.

Remember please don’t debate other people’s lives, even if it’s tempting.

4 Likes

Jung viewed death as “an archetype, rich in secret life, which seeks to add itself to our own individual life in order to make it whole

1 Like
1 Like

Quotes from this valuable and dense article

There is a great difference between resisting evil and renouncing it. When you resist evil, you give it your attention; you continue to make it real.

When you renounce evil, you take your attention away from it and give your attention to what you want.

Now is the time to control your imagination and give your energy to what you want.”

— Neville Goddard

This quote provides a nice encapsulation for the decentralized revolution and the emergence of Bitcoin. This movement is not a full frontal assault against globalism, nor is it a fear-based reaction to any impending attempts at tyranny.

It is a worldwide, unstoppable opt-out. People are putting their energy literally into what they want. Non-state, neutral, digital bearer instruments, absolute property rights, and self-sovereign autonomy.

That’s what I want. That’s what many of you want. I really don’t give a rat’s ass what Klaus Schwab, Justin Trudeau or any of the collectivist eggheads who authored Absolute Zero 2050 want.

One of the most sanity preserving mental tools I’ve ever discovered is what I call “Embracing the recipriversexcluson“.

The term was invented by Douglas Adams in his satirical classic “Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy”. It means: a number whose value can be anything but itself.

His example was the stated hour of a dinner party is the one moment in time when it is impossible for any of the guests to arrive.

In this world of management by technocrats and expert authorities, we are immersed in recipriversexclusons:

If the most wizened technocrats say “sub-prime is contained”, it isn’t.
The future inflation targets are the one value inflation can never have
GDP estimates, CPI, PPI, money velocity, all of it, aren’t predictions, they’re exclusions
There is a kind of ontological structure to why this is the case: knowledge of the future (predictions) never occur in a vacuum. Putting the prediction into the world (planning) by that very act creates reinforcement and opposition. However both forces reduce the odds of the outcome matching the prediction.

The reason why can be understood by looking at something called the Three Body Problem

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like