Adventures of Ouroboros: Wealth Development

Guys, guys I’ll just look at the Oura ring app on my phone and know exactly how I feel about my sleep :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hail to technology

1 Like

I got woken up at 4 in the morning to be told that the door was left wide open and the cat got out. An hour and 45 minutes of searching later, found her and brought her back home.

But from a paragon sleep perspective - this was a unique way to learn how much energy and vitality I have at 4am and how nice it was to go for such a long walk while it’s still dark!

3 Likes

Signed up for a marathon in May - this’ll definitely be new to me. I do a lot of sports, I’m a fast sprinter, but haven’t done long distance since high school. And in high school “long distance” was 10K.

Went for a run yesterday and tried to time a 5K run. Did it in 26.5 mins which is a 5:22 per km pace. If I can keep a pace under 5:30/km for the whole marathon, that’s a sub-4hr race, which is the goal. So my body is already there… I don’t need to get faster, all I need to do is train the endurance.

My mind adapted to the identity of a runner so quickly. I love it for personal and professional success. It’s something to obsess about that makes life and career better. Not worse. It has friendly competition, exercise, encourages sleep, nutrition, stretching, my brain feels amazing after a run, and…

It’s a very meditative experience. Not in a calming way. It’s meditative because you have to use all the meditation tools from The Mind Illuminated like checking in, introspective awareness, peripheral awareness, cultivating joy, labelling, and continual recommitments to diligence to go from

“this run hurts like hell I want to quit I want to die oh god why”

to

“recenter on the present, expand your awareness, what are the sensations that feel good right now? That’s just mind chatter. Diligently go back to the pace you were at 5 seconds ago before your mind started chattering about how hard it is and you’re tired.”

Just from that continual renewal (ha, ouroboros pun) of my attention and presence, I was able to keep up that race pace.

1 Like

Full loop of Sanguine: Elixir - Dec 29 (with fiancée)

2 Likes

I think this still applies. The recommendation isn’t to run 3 min loops. Or 15. It’s start slow and find your sweet spot.

2 Likes

New Emperor Fitness & Marathon Journal

As usual when I have two goals… this journal will be about wealth/work. The other journal will be about fitness & health habits.

There’s a lot of crossover though as a marathon will help me train mindfulness, manage a peak state, sleep early, be fit and healthy, all of which makes me better at sales. Results from that boost in health posted here.

Reason for the new journal is that I feel very settled in my career, in a good way, and focusing on my career over everything in 2024 felt inauthentic. I’m not one to crave making 50K/mo or whatever, even though I have an agency that has gone way beyond that. Right now I’m making 15-20k/mo at my current work, it feels mostly on autopilot, and I want to sustain that and make it easier, enjoy it more, but have no desire to push to 30-40k income monthly at this time. I want, if anything, to get damn good at finances, investing, wealth management, with what I already have, rather than generate more and not know what to do with it.

1 Like

Habits helping work

1 Like

Thinking a LOT about content lately as I paid for some help to create my first few YT videos, but I think with that, I need to also think about the end goal, so that I can get really good at creating the content that will eventually help me turn that into a business, which will help me get profitable, which will help me spend more time on my own education/content business, which I can then niche down with.

2 Likes

Started thinking about this again the moment I woke up.

Content is a fascinating thing, in order to create it successfully, you have to define an identity, brand, story, area of expertise, level of expertise (beginner-amateur-enthusiast-experimentalist-expert-superexpert), etc.

How specific/general do I want to be? Self-Improvement? Men’s Improvement? Health (getting mildly more specific), Biohacking?

For who? Everyone? Men on the broad end? Men specifically looking for XYZ? Entrepreneurs/Salespeople/SMMA guys specifically looking for life & mindset & self-improvement stuff?

This exploration has been a really cool process.

2 Likes

I love this. The sentiment of focusing on the other things that matter and having a life that is fully enjoyed and self actualized.

I think feeling mostly on autopilot or that your performance is fully settled is a major part of this opening up. This is at the relatively new sales role your in? Is it mostly based off sales performance?

It is a wake up call for me that the work I’m doing may be too much hustle to get where I am month to month.

yes it’s at the new gig.

two things.

1. relative sales performance - i’m doing well, for sure. I’m their only closer, but I’m the best closer they’ve ever had, so I know i’m already breaking all expectations and records etc. My weakness here is follow up, not necessarily sales skills directly. That’s just a focus and priorities thing - and honestly one way I’m solving that is by the marathon. If I’m really satisfied in other areas of life, I’ll be more willing to sacrifice a couple hours daily to go through the boring motions of follow up emails, organization, etc.

The sales confidence is nice to have, but never permanent, ad i’ll never rest on my laurels. It’s just a nice change of pace to feel at peace in that regard and focus on other things.

1. I’m not the bottleneck. The bottleneck of the company is lead generation, which is dependent on marketing, and changes to find the right process are slow to make. So while I do my work, give them feedback on every sales call I take, work with the team on what our ideal client is, eventually that’ll result in hyper-accelerated lead generation efforts, which will open up an opportunity for me to obsess over sales again. But right now double the effort (100%) won’t give me even 33% more result.
2 Likes

On that note @azriel I feel like while NR/Mogul and all the other scripting has been a guiding-light experience for me, showing me purpose and next steps as they relate to wealth (which WAS a guiding light of purpose)… I now feel like the wealth scripting inside NR is only related to wealth, which is no longer “everything.”

Now my stack just feels like it’ll help me complete items on a to-do list. Run, sell, eat, sleep. The essentials of a healthy and wealthy life, sure.

Feeling like a rediscovery of purpose is in order, especially considering this

Tagging and asking members who have ran one or both… @prioritas @simon @invictus @AlexanderGraves what would you say about running RoS at this stage of my life to answer some of the deep questions.

RoS vs Genesis, specifically for discovering your internal world. Thoughts?

1 Like

F it.

I ran a 3m40s loop of RoS

2 Likes

Do you have a base salary? Or is that 15K+ off sales commission. What is the amount of sales you need on average to earn that.

I do 20-30K a month and average $200K in sales a month and it’s takes 15-30 sales to get there depending on the size of the packaged

4K/mo + another 4-5K on autopilot from the commission I get on client renewals. Then 5K+ in income from a 7% commission on new sales

2 Likes

What’s your stack gonna be like?

One of my favorite stacks ever, where I felt like I had purpose and self-knowledge/discovery blowing out the wazoo, was RoS AND Genesis

wow, you went hard.

I just listened to RoS, going to maintain NR/LE custom + EMPFIT1, and do RoS once a week @ 3 mins for a bit till I gauge how I react.

1 Like

I didn’t expect RoS results to hit so fast… it’s been 6 hours

Solved

Solved

Solved

Like…

Not only have I

• defined the exact avatar I’m communicating to
  • and mapped out profitable products that they’d need,
  • and mapped out the content that they’d resonate with and consume with or without me,
  • and how that converts into a paid program, and how that converts into a community of like minded people that people will pay for access to, - and the brand name

I even mapped out

• my entire past story
  • how every moment of my life led to the present
  • how that all creates the story of how I’m an expert in this space

Best of all it’s not business, it’s not wealth, it’s not sales, it’s not generalized self improvement. Let’s just say that it’s something that resonates with my soul. Oh and it’s not subliminals LOL.

I’ve gone through my life and looked at some key challenges I’ve faced, micro-stories within my macro story, that I can clearly relate and share as individual pieces of valuable long form content pretty easily.

and it’s only been 6 fucking hours

To be perfectly frank with you, that was broken down into

• 5 hours of working at my job,
  • 20 minutes alone with my thoughts,
  • and then when I went to take a shower, the ideas started pouring through me the moment I turned on the water.

I didn’t even get wet, I just stood there for a couple of minutes writing everything down on my phone and then said F it, turned off the water, and went to my laptop to type.

5 Likes

RoS has me EXHAUSTED

Went to my fiancee’s place at 7pm to hang out with her and she was just like “you look so down” but I was just exhausted and then we went to her place and I literally just napped half-awake until it was time to go. Was tired since the moment I woke up yesterday morning. I was also tired today but not as bad. microlooped 1m each of EF1 and NR/LE last night

I also want to make some slight adjustments to the NR/LE custom.

Add in dominion. Maybe take our Khronos Key. It needs a bit more push and action and wealth manifestation to enhance what’s in the cores of NR/LE.

3 Likes