We all eventually run out of time!

We all eventually run out of time! Focus on your goals and make sure that your existence means something to someone!

437933186_836690401617200_6873486292570964228_n

12 Likes

Why do I feel called out?

@James : Maybe I’m posting something about the mindset I have been in since January 1st. A few people my age have already passed so I’m living with a sense of urgency.

Why do you feel called out? Can you explain?

2 Likes

How old are you?

Who? Me?

Yeah!

Because this is triggering your main fear/sticking point that you’re late to the party regarding wealth/freedom/happiness, and it’s bringing up all those emotions you talk to us about regularly like impatience, frustration, anger, etc.

Take that as a sign-post that your awareness around the subject is expanding, don’t blame yourself for your reaction, and keep it moving. You’re making progress and that’s all that matters.

:muscle:

3 Likes

Less than a year away from the big five zero. :rofl:

4 Likes

Conversations we have had lately. Being grateful for the opportunities instead of being focused on the past and the mistakes that were made. Not being so concerned about my age and if I can still accomplish or achieve some of the things I would like to do

Oddly enough I’m not stressed about any of that at the moment. All morning today I have been so focused on being calm and chill that I’m not really too worried about what happens or when

3 Likes

Fuck yeah

1 Like

I’m working on that. I realize I have to be patient. Especially with myself. I was just at the grocery store and I kept having to tell myself slow the fuck down because that’s when I forget things

2 Likes

This made me think of a page from Dr Joe Vitale’s one book:

1 Like

Purposeful pausing helps :metal:t2:

1 Like

Did you read my recent journal entry?

1 Like

Sometimes even after years of practicing this I slip and make sure to give myself grace.

I used to kick myself hard and become riddled with guilt.

1 Like

Death is a great motivator, for sure.

However, there is also something to be said about simply identifiying whether you are dissatisfied with your current situation, and if yes, calmly going about changing it until you are satisfied. Without a worry about when you are going to die. After all, you’re only somewhat in control of the present, and you do not know for certain if this life is the only one you have(YOLO- you only live once- and memento mori are both rooted in materialism that assumes that brain causes consciousness and therefore consciousness dies with the death of the brain- but correlation is not causation).

2 Likes

Can you explain this simplified?

I overthink it :laughing:

MC Trouble died at age 20. She accomplished more in her very short life than a lot of people. I remember listening to her music as a teenager. I had kind of forgotten about her. Last week I found out that she died in 1991. She was born with epilepsy and received daily treatment to prevent seizures. She died in her sleep after an epileptic seizure. It was a shock for me and a stark reminder that we all eventually run out of time, we just don’t know when. Urgency has been my dominant mindset since January of this year. That’s the reason why I picked the subs that I’m running now and also the reason why I narrowed my goal list down to the things I want to be known for after I left this Earth. Anything else is irrelevant. I don’t even talk about my results anymore. I’d rather do than talk.

@James : That was the reason behind the picture.

3 Likes

400814098_745558620940220_7814357978264240969_n

2 Likes

The most Neuroscience can determine about the brain is that some brain states correlate with certain subjective states, but it cannot prove that the brain causes consciousness. Materialists(such as Daniel Dennett who died just a few days ago) assume that consciousness is a by-product of the brain’s processes, however he, like everyone else, cannot conclusively prove it.
There are actually studies now whose findings go directly against what neuroscience wishes to predict(that the intensity of subjective experience is directly proportional to neuro-activity). Here is one: Neural correlates of the psychedelic state as determined by fMRI studies with psilocybin - PubMed
The best we can infer right now is that our individual existence is the result of a kind of constraint/limitation, and on the biologial level, it is the brain that “filters” the mind at large down to what we perceive as our individual existence. Logically, speaking, upon death, our individuality may cease, but we do not conclusively know if it re-appears at some point. If it does, death would become less of a scare for us and life would acquire more meaning, as we’d go through various individual manifestions on a trajectory we cannot know much about yet. Most pre-modern societies seem to have assumed or inferred something along those lines about continued existence and the journey of the soul, and to my knowledge, it is only the philosophical materialism of the recent few centuries in Western Europe that came up with a rather bleak outlook on life.

That being said, even Indian philosophers often use images like the one posted by ksub above to motivate people into action. It just works too well. Since death is one of the strongest forces in life, and the one we’re arguably scared the most of, we can and do utilize it to make the most of our time, even if ultimately, it might be an illusion.

3 Likes