Traveling the Paths of Wealth, Imbuing Vital Physicality (Custom Q Journal)

Simon-Astro

I have no idea what any of this means. :man_shrugging:t2:

Most of my planets seem to enjoy being Fixed. :smile:

3 Likes

I always wanted to do a chart reading for myself, but I have no idea what time I was born.

Interesting, Scorpio Sun Sign, thatā€™s the last one Iā€™d expect from you :slight_smile:

Oh well I donā€™t know you personally, I thought Taurus and thatā€™s your Ascendant so it does make senseā€¦

Thatā€™s not necessary, itā€™ll only change your Ascendant.

2 Likes

Oh cool, well guess Iā€™ll look into that then

It could potentially give you insights in other persons, Iā€™ve acquired all knowledge that I needed about each sign and I applied it around a year ago and ever since Iā€™ve came to the conclusion that it gives you an ability to know people if thought you donā€™t :wink:

At least you know there energies, each soul is unique.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming FAEW = Fire, Air, Earth and Water. So what do C, F and M represent?

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever been attracted to astrology, personally. But Iā€™m always curious.

1 Like

Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable

1 Like

In a sense, that little table could be said to capture the central symbolisms and meanings of the whole chart.

Four so-called ā€˜elementsā€™. They might be more clearly be described as four ā€˜energetic phasesā€™ or ā€˜energetic orientationsā€™. They are ways that phenomena develop and unfold. Contracting, expanding, rising, falling, stabilizing.

The zodiac is basically just mapping out various combinations of these four orientations. Itā€™s all just poetic and picturesque symbolism to express how these four energetic styles interact. If we study the symbolism of these elements in Greek cosmology then weā€™ve basically got the picture and the rest is just connecting the dots.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I gave it a shot, mine looks a bit lopsided :slight_smile: :man_shrugging:

astrology%20anonymous%202

(Poor lonely little sun)

1 Like

The so-called ā€˜signsā€™ of the zodiac are two intermingled cycles . Fire-Earth-Air-Water. And Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable.

They combine together and also repeat in that same order. So, Cardinal-Fire, Fixed-Earth, Mutable-Air, Cardinal-Water, and so on. In order down the line.

4x3=12 possible combinations. Hence 12 ā€˜signsā€™.

Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable are three ā€˜functional modesā€™ or kinds of ā€˜intensitiesā€™.

Cardinal refers to the amount of intensity required to establish something. Single-mindedness. Total commitment. Think of the rocket launching or the first half of a parabola.

Fixed is a kind of dominion and stability. A kind of essential, almost complacent quality. Think of the top of the parabola. Youā€™re no longer fighting to exist. And you have not yet begun to change or disappear. Youā€™re right in the middle. The bluest blue. The cheesiest cheese.

Mutable is moving into the liminal stage, creative, yet also somewhat unstable and transformative. The parabolaā€™s fall. It also makes possible a new cycleā€™s rise.

Each of the four energetic styles moved through those three modes. Fighting for establishment (cardinal), tarrying in dominion (fixed), and dissolving into transformation (mutable).

Fire is about inspiration, motivation, and action.

Earth is about substantiveness, solidity, embodiment, materiality. ā€˜Groundednessā€™

Air is about intellect, reason, blueprints, rapidity and insight. ā€˜Discernmentā€™

Water is about emotionality, connection, depth, feeling.

4 Likes

These were cosmological ā€˜rulesā€™ or principles. So the thinkers and philosophers of that time would have been applying them not just to human personality, but to all existing phenomena; hence the equivalence that could be drawn between celestial phenomena and subjective, psychological phenomena.

Integrative, cosmological frameworks seem to pretty much have been the norm in earlier times. They tended to have been abstracted from the natural cycles that were observed and adhered to in ā€˜ancientā€™ peoplesā€™ ways of life. Spring summer fall winter. Morning noon night. And so on.

We did (and do) develop, evolve, and grow within those cycles. Itā€™s not that strange that they might be expressed (to some extent) in our characteristics and ways of developing and behaving.

1 Like

Oh, :joy:. Just looked down and saw that Quantum Limitless was playing on ultrasonic while I was typing just now. Probably contributed to why I was motivated to try to express all of that.

2 Likes

This siteā€™s also pretty good for noobs like me: https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php
It explains in detail after what everything means.

Most of mine is clustered in earth and waterā€¦ makes sense to me. The slow and steadiness of Taurus has been prominent even in making my custom Q lol.

So if I have a majority in the cardinal section, does that mean it takes lots of energy to establish things in life or does that make it easier? (would make sense to my life if it is the former)

Yeah thatā€™s the one that I mentioned earlier. You can also compare with your partnerā€™s chart.

1 Like

Cardinal just means that youā€™re outgoing with your ideas and opinions, where as fixed means youā€™re ā€˜fixedā€™ on your beliefs and not easily stray away from them, mutable just means you easily pick up on others ideas so your beliefs are mutable.

1 Like

Ahh how did I miss that?

@Hermit

I see and do the specific symbols matter so much in that elemental chart or is that one just ā€œaveragingā€ the different symbols into elements?

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. I guess the symbols youā€™re referring to may either be the planetary symbols or the symbols of each zodiac.

Every element has three different modalities ā€“

Fire has Aries (cardinal), Leo (fixed) and Sagittarius (mutable),
Water has Cancer (cardinal), Scorpio (fixed) and Pisces (mutable),
Earth has Capricorn (cardinal), Taurus (fixed), Virgo (mutable),
Air has Libra (cardinal), Aquarius (fixed), Gemini (mutable).

1 Like

Sorry I was referring to the planetary symbols in the elemental chart. Like is it more important what specific planet is where or is it more important on how many planets are in a cell, like having a few clustered in earth and cardinal? And for ā€œimportanceā€ I guess I mean influence on your character.

We took over your journal would you like us to move the conversation elsewhere? I feel like Hermit could give us a lesson or two.

2 Likes

Yes. I think that would probably be best.

Enjoy exploring the internal Cosmos!