Astrology and Healing: Limitations and Wounds

The knowledge I didn’t know I needed. It made me check an old cafeastrology report for these planets and it’s enlightening after reading your post.

1 Like

@Malkuth cool, thanks. Will check that out.

1 Like

I’ve Saturn in capricorn in my 5th house, and boy let me tell you. I wish we could just blow up Saturn.

1 Like

Seems like a superhero’s placement. Saturn in Capricorn.

The oppressive responsibility of power and duty.

And then somewhat ironically placed in the House of Fun, Entertainment, and Children.

A little bit like the bodyguard or bouncer at the club, who sometimes looks wistfully at the partygoers getting drunk and having fun, and then stoically returns to his duty.

1 Like

That sums it up nicely, my chart in general is filled with interesting placements and conjunctions/oppositions that my wife frequently describes as “super hero stuff” but I mostly just experience it as exhausting as I’m still struggling to master all of it, and there’s a lot.

Edit: re: saturn in cap I always see advice that I can help organize other people’s fun quite well, but I’ve never been in a place in life where I had simultaneously: people I cared about, an ability to arrange things for those people, and an understanding of my nature.

So I’ve never experienced the positive/higher aspects of this part of my chart.

1 Like

This is precisely what I’m thinking about vis-à-vis Zero Point. I suspect that as you run ZP, you’re going to find that you do indeed begin to experience the positive/higher aspects of this part of your chart.

And thanks, because your first brief post actually helped to trigger a series of thoughts that’s raising new questions in me about Saturn. I’d always thought of Saturn as representing Limitation. But I see now that in describing things that way, I’m limiting Saturn.

I’m also realizing that the planets don’t control us, rather they correspond to us and reveal us. There’s an “internal Saturn” that is part of you and that is somehow “in sync” with the external Saturn. Like the World Population Clock or the National Deficit Clock. They’re not controlling the global population or the national debt, they’re simply revealing them and making them easier to observe.

Anyway, I’m getting way out there.

Yikes.

Bottom Line: ZP is going to be very interesting.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Malkuth, I had a look at my own chart through the site you shared. I am not experienced in Astrology at all, but just going by the general aspects of my chart, I do see the discord in how I express/view myself now and what seems to be my authentic self.
This discord is something I feel, even though I cannot articulate it properly. This is one of my considerations for focusing more on the healing ZP programs first for the first few weeks/months.

2 Likes

Edit: Google search returns show me what my placements mean and I am now depressed :sob:

Anyway thanks for pointing out the importance of Chiron😆

2 Likes

You’re still who you were before you read whatever that thing said. Careful what you believe.

3 Likes

I’ve heard things about saturn that were the usual: evil, baby eater, difficult, karma, slow and the dreaded Saturn return (ages 28-30) but never a healing planet. The closest thing to an alternative view is one of the protective mother:

In vedic astrology, you’re either a Sun person or a saturn person. Saturn people tend to be tested in childhood and emerge late bloomers in life.

I have no idea about the healing aspect but I’ll stick to the regular Saturn in Libra interpretation of “challenges with relationships”.

1 Like

Referring to my chart

Saturn in Virgo, 5th House; with North Node besides it.

Chiron in Taurus, 12th House; along with Moon.

Those Conjunctions may be extra-meaningful then?

My Cafe Report doesn’t mention Chiron. It does have Lilith. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Nah depressed because what I read actually fits what happened/happens to me and that somehow felt like me being blindsided.

My placements are Chiron in Gemini 3rd. Saturn in Sagittarius 8th.

2 Likes

Really interesting read thank you for posting @Malkuth I have Chiron in Leo 10th house meaning creative self-expression is a core wound. I can agree that has been something I’ve struggled with and yearn for, so perhaps Renaissance Man is a sub I could greatly benefit from?

2 Likes

Gotta go consult my chart now. Very interesting.

I’ve come to realize I heal best through experience and change, not directly targeting healing. I spent a good portion of my life going too far inward. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saturn has a strong appearance in my life. All my issues I’ve had from the past and tried to stuff in an overflowing closet have burst out and buried me the past few years. Can’t hide from them anymore.

Of course that was my doing but I pretty much cursed the world for a while. Sort of related but I think this is why I’d like to run wanted zp. My life needs balance, I got robbed of a lot of good years when I was younger. Balance in relationships, human interaction, basically learning to take the seriousness out of life. To stop really policing my own thoughts and actions 24/7 and just be.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Mine is in Sagittarius, and I experiment with stacks.

:joy:

1 Like

This is very enlightening, @Malkuth.

When you refer to healing, do you only mean the mental/emotional component or physical too? And do the same planets (Saturn and Chiron) enlighten us about our physical health?

1 Like

That’s a really good question.

I do not think these astrological archetypes follow the categorical distinctions of Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual; although some astrological elements clearly have strong alignments with one or more of those categories.

In general, I think they are about system-wide, interconnected dynamics and processes. The ’physical’ body is the foundation, the medium, and the vehicle for personal change and development. So I think that every astrological component will have its ramifications for physical functioning and healing.

There are more specific and detailed correspondences between astrological elements and specific body parts and bodily functions; but I, personally, have not yet delved deeply into this subject. (I probably will now, though).

2 Likes

Those are excellent observations. Thank you, @Malkuth :pray:

1 Like

I found myself making new connections about Saturn last night; as well as some of the other astrological elements and archetypes.

Sometimes people talk about Saturn as the ‘Grand Malefic’. There’s this feeling of a dreadful, distant examiner who ignores you for long periods of time except for the times when he comes around with the hope of punishing you if you haven’t managed your matters properly.

I reject this narrow caricaturization of Saturn.

Saturn is about duty. Duty is not a punishment.

Saturn illuminates and empowers our pathway of personal duty.

Saturn energizes our capacity to face reality and to see what needs to be done.

If you don’t brush your teeth for three years and they decay and fall out, that’s not a ‘mocking punishment’.

If you plant and then care for 100 seeds and 60 of them grow into healthy plants, trees, or vegetables, that is not a ‘reward’.

Both of these are alignments and positionings with the principles and processes in which you are embedded, and with the Causes and Effects of those processes.

Saturn illuminates and corresponds to the parts of us that have the POWERS:

1. to courageously face the realities of cause and effect,
  2. to see how these realities connect and align with our values, goals, and desires, and
  3. to commit to a beneficial engagement with those realities.

These are the Powers of duty (not just the ‘burdens’).

Saturn is an older sibling who helps us to understand how to deal with forces that are more powerful than we are; and Saturn is also a younger sibling who believes in us, and who is inspired by our capacity to show up and to do what really matters.

Like most close relationships (including the relationship with your teeth), it’s only going to get really bad if it’s ignored or abused.

Saturn doesn’t CREATE Cause-and-Effect in the Cosmos. Rather, Saturn inspires us and reminds us to deal with Cause-and-Effect appropriately.

Look to your Saturn placement to see where you have special connections, awarenesses, and powers with regard to Cause-and-Effect (aka the “laws” of Nature and Society).

It’s not just about what you “have to do”; it’s also about how you’re most empowered to do it.

In other words, it doesn’t just have to be about the Hammer or the Guillotine of Duty. Embrace Saturn and it can also be about the Bridge or the Pathway or the Gateway of Duty. Making it more possible for you to achieve or attain what matters most to you.

6 Likes