Traveling the Paths of Wealth, Imbuing Vital Physicality (Custom Q Journal)

I’m returning today to one of my early loves, the work of Gregory Bateson. If I were inclined to be hyperbolic, I’d say that Gregory Bateson authored the only useful books that I read while in college. If more accurate, I’d say that his ideas supported my personal and intellectual development in a way that few others managed. Yet, it’s been almost 30 years since I’ve read through any of his writings.

So, in line with my ‘taking a new tack’ and trying to fertilize the foundations of my ideas and plans. I’m picking up Bateson again. Not sure how much I’ll manage to get through, but, for now, here we are.

Steps to an Ecology of Mind

and possibly

Strange how nostalgic I feel just looking at those book covers. Those are both the exact versions of the covers of the editions that I originally read decades ago. Picking them up again now connects me with the self of that time and the feeling of that time.

2 Likes

Today, I’ve been in a room with my wife and need to be able to hear her. I’ve embraced using ultrasonics on my headphones.

I think I’ll be doing this whenever I’m in situations like this. If on-site work picks up again in a couple of months, I think I’ll be doing this.

I usually play masked just because it’s easier to work with some stimulus that you can perceive.

Ultrasonics still have that ‘but what if nothing’s happening’ feel. I know something is there. I’ve used FrequenSee. It’s more of a caveman type of thought.

Anyway, for the last couple of hours, it has been ultrasonic.

Today is Wednesday. That means, in my current schema, it is a Day A.

Day A:
PATHS Terminus Meditation

Quantum Limitless Stage 1 loops (can throw in another loop or 2 of PATHS).

Generally, I’ll go for 1-2 loops of the Terminus custom and 3-4 loops of Quantum Limitless.

For fun (and motivation), I memorized the names of the modules in my 2 Customs. The other night it was taking me a little while to fall asleep, so I tried to think of what the modules were. A couple of them kept eluding memory. So, the next day, I went and memorized them. A funny alternative to counting sheep. When I think on the modules, constantly at work for me in my subconscious mind, I feel heartened and happy. So, there’s that.

Had a couple of meeting’s scheduled for this morning. Two more for the afternoon. The rest of the time is mine.

1 Like

I’m sure you have a lot of Earth energies, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to sustain all of these suggestions, earth energies means sturdy unconscious which is mostly fixed and not so suggestible.

Would you consider yourself a grounded person, down to earth person?

2 Likes

How do you find out your elemental affinity?

Through my Astrological birth chart, I use an app on Iphone named Nebula it’s very accurate and has a lovely interface.

By the way, your elements will change overtime, through aging you usually become more grounded.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been using co-star which mostly just tells me something bad every day :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, usually I do not read the daily forecasts, I mean they’re not really accurate anyway. Anyhow try out Nebula, it’s a great app, let me know what you think.

Hi @Hermit,

Last month you typed this:

I was the airy earth person you were describing, and you were right.

I am just about balanced between earth and air. Plus two very important contributions from Water. Fire is the one that I’m lacking. (Unlike you, I would guess.)

In Western Astrology, I am a bull. In Chinese Astrology, I am also a bull.

hahaha. Lots of Earth going on.

We do change. But not rapidly. I like to watch a person walk around the block one time before I listen to a word they say.

Hmmm…Yes. But, I’ve also got a lot of Airy business going on. Head was in the clouds. Grounded tough guys where I grew up teased me as Starman

Hahaha. So, I guess you could say I’m grounded, but maybe grounded on some other planet? :sunglasses:

What do you get when you combine the two, Earth and Air? I guess one of these:

or these:

But my Mars is smack-dab in Pisces. So my Will and Masculinity, centrally important, are moderated by Water.

I recommend astro.com

You can get your full chart there for free with all of the arcane details included.

and thanks for the recommendation @Hermit. Just downloaded Nebula

1 Like

I have my chart from there and cafe astrology. Nebula is um, lol, giving me the best days to cut and color my hair + fashion tips. But the UX is nice.

Air by birth, earth and air swirling all around with the squishy bits in water seems about right. Even the hand shape thing they had from their palmistry section.

1 Like

on the Astro.com chart, there’s a little table that looks like this:

You might have noticed it already.

Anyway, that table gives the placements by Element. Fire, Air, Earth, Water.

That one’s mine.

1 Like

I wonder how the suggestions are interacting with my mind. I never get very dramatic reconciliations. Back after I started Emperor, I remember a weekend when I got very giddy. That was about it.

I think that Alchemist and Quantum Limitless may be having a more immediate effect. Especially Alchemist.

Hm.

1 Like

Ah gotcha this one’s better than cafe astrology since it shows the symbols in each box.

1 Like

Oh, and I want to mention here on my journal that i actually had an active dream experience last night. That’s out of the ordinary for me. It faded shortly after waking.

1 Like

Looks like Gemini and Virgo are very prominent.

Felt just about right for you.

I have 50% air, 30% water and 10% earth/fire, so fire isn’t my strength.

Means you’re grounded and connected at the same time, in conjunction they’re very powerful forces of nature. Earth & Air balance each other out and so does Fire & Water.

Anyhow I’m a Scorpio Sun Sign and my Ascendant is Sagittarius, meaning that I have a lot of fire where it’s needed (passions), and I streamline my focus through the arrow of Sagittarius.

By the way in no way or another am I telling you to take any mind-altering substances, but have you tried smoking weed to see if that helps opening up your unconscious, you can try any other hallucinogen if you’d like. Stray away from anything chemical though, I’d always lean for the natural and organic substances. Let me know if you feel drawn to it.

1 Like

By the way, you can see all of the planets in each sign and the elements when you click on your avatar on the front page when you open up the application, not sure if you’ve noticed it.

1 Like

Yep! Plus the little donut charts are cute too.

1 Like

I think that balancing those elements has taken me my whole life. It was not an easy combination.