Q-Status discussion

I know you mean this genuinely, but it’s actually a perfectly constructed joke.

2 Likes

Balancing your brain hemispheres. For the record I remember the first time I read the Subliminal Club main page and it mentioned " healthy skepticism " . Is that not allowed any longer?

I don’t even know what that means

Since you’re a pragmatist, like myself, start with looking at what quantum physicists have discovered about the nature of the universe. Stay away from forums and Reddit on it – these people will see clear evidence leading to a certain outcome and still do whatever they can to discredit that outcome and push things toward materialism. Also, read up on panpsychism.

If you want to jump into esotericism, read and study The Kybalion. I didn’t become “Saint Sovereign” until I read that book. Before, I was a cynic, hardcore capitalist who only believed in pure materialism. I was also filled with tons of limiting beliefs and sadness, as those limited beliefs led me to hold the subconscious view that existence as a human is the highest form of existence. And considering the fact that humanity – despite all the beauty we can create – is kind of shitty, led me to believe that existence was shitty. Learning that there is more to all reality opened my eyes and changed my life forever.

Now, abundance flows into my life.

14 Likes

@SaintSovereign
At the risk of sounding irrelevant, in the ongoing conversation, what’s your take on religion?

1 Like

Yes, healthy skepticism is most certainly encouraged. But, modern skepticism has become ignorance and intellectual laziness. I cringe when I see someone saying, “science hasn’t proved…” because it’s a misuse of the term and misunderstanding of what science actually is. Science is a tool, not some kind of living entity. When people say “I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE,” it’s no different than saying, “I BELIEVE IN HAMMER,” as if a hammer picks itself up and drives a nail into a wall. I can pick up a hammer and miss the nail every time, leaving giant holes in the wall, simply because I am a flawed human. I can pick up a hammer and not even know what to do with it, because it’s a tool and at some point, someone has to have shown me how to use it.

Same thing with science. It’s a set of guidelines, principles, and strategies to help me DISCOVER and EXPLORE, not to outright discredit things. Science can only operate as far as human knowledge, and on a smaller scale, as far the knowledge of the person wielding it. Thus, science “proving” something doesn’t suddenly make it real, it just informs us of the results of a controlled experiment, which we can then use to expand our knowledge. This is healthy skepticism – entering into an experiment with the notion of proving OR disproving it. It’s completely unscientific to hand wave away anything that isn’t already “proven” by science.

When dealing with things that seem beyond standard science, or even human comprehension, you can enter with an air of skepticism, but be open to that skepticism being proven wrong. Healthy skepticism is curious and inquisitive. Unhealthy skepticism is cynical and unwilling to explore.

11 Likes

That there is more to the totality of existence than any one person, group, or ideology can possibly know. I study multiple religions to gain insight into the thoughts of those who are pursuing the same thing I am – knowledge of the universe – but I don’t subscribe to any one religion (or idea, for that matter).

As a company, we are politically and religiously agnostic. We do not push any ideology over the other, since this is an incredibly diverse customer base, and we want to provide tools for everyone to grow.

6 Likes

Any recommended version? I see there are quite a few

1 Like

Yeaaah, don’t pay for it.

And this will be one of the hardest, but rewarding books you’ll read. Even if you don’t “believe” in everything in it, or question the authors (as many do), it’ll open your mind up to possibilities. Again, healthy skepticism is awesome and it’s what fuels great achievement.

7 Likes

@SaintSovereign Have you read anything by Colin Wilson? What are your thoughts on Chaos Magick?

@SaintSovereign To be fair I would probably be more open to the esoteric if I could at least have some proof that it has helped folks and not just in a spiritual way

2 Likes

This is actually a very interesting question.

Why does religion still exist?

It is not because the elite find it useful to control the naive and stupid, there are other better ways of doing that.

Its because ordinary people still find religion useful.

How and why they find it useful will differ from individual to individual and it might just be because it offers a sense of belonging or a sense of certainty or simply as a guide to living life.

But in a nutshell, because enough people still find it useful.

3 Likes

In my experience (which isn’t all-knowing or all-seeing of course) it’s because that’s what mommy and daddy taught people and nobody knew any better.

1 Like

The problem is not one of modern skepticism being lazy (although I agree that is true).

The problem is that believers in woo refuse to be in any way rigorous about their chosen conjecture and merely whine that non believers need to have more belief.

Take for example Malkuth and his assertion of something 'definitely being shadow work". Ok, maybe true and I have no reason to doubt his sincerity but I find I am unable to carry out a discourse with him because I cannot understand his verbose word salad explanations.

Or what about Tobyone with his assertion that “by giving up control I have more power”. How do you engage with that level of humpty dumptyness?

So where does that leave us?

Auras, can be photographed (sort of). Ok, somethings there, don’t exactly know what it is but there’s something to it.

Do subs work? Having the subconscious bombarded with messages to change the neural connections in the brain is clearly feasible and can be shown to exist. And a number of users have self reported improvements and had other people respond to sub users differently.

Manifestations from subs? Now this is more tricky, did the universe manifest a hot 10 j-chick girlfriend for you or did she just happen to be there anyway and the subs have removed your approach anxiety and you have gained experience from having done 100 approaches and she’s a wiggy? Where are the lottery winners and isn’t it all just rather nasty for the true believers to label failure as not having enough gratitude or whatever they claim when in reality this is nothing more than victim blaming.

What is a chakra, where is the crown and how do you know it is closed? Can it be measured in any way, means, shape or form or is it merely a way of explaining something that the explainer wants and wishes were true ( and gains succour from doing so) but can only explain by way of metaphor.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof as someone else has already said.

I have had exposure to both the Eastern and Western traditions of modality but I will leave you with one thought.

Many years ago a friend confided in me that he was interested in magick (I will use that spelling as none of you want to be associated with the Paul Daniels branch, obviously). He said a group of them had gathered at a beach in Wales and had spent all night doing a ceremony. He went on to say at daybreak two policemen walked past the group and did not acknowledge them or look at them in any way and he thought it strange that the cops would ignore a group on a deserted beach standing around a fire at 5am and he went on to say that the police would definitely say something to the group and the fact that they didn’t was due to the “ceremony”.

Now it could be that the ceremony did indeed influence the cops.

Or possibly that the two policemen where going off night duty and were looking forward to a nice cuppa and a warm bed and were totally disinclined to be bothered by the local group of harmless nutters.

(Btw, when he told me this we were both trainee cops).

Your point is nonsense.

It does not take into account people who knowingly and deliberately choose to follow a faith and does not explain those who decide to leave.

It also fails to take into account those religions which are so weak and hollow they have to sanction punishment for apostasy.

While I sympathize with your desire to want clarification for certain terms and phrase, and your want for something that you would find convincing regarding someone’s perspective, I dislike the negative connotations in your word selections, as well as the process by which you are approaching this.

You could ask @Malkuth what he means by certain words. You could ask @Palpatine for further clarification. You could ask @Tobyone to give examples of what he might be implying. I think @Hermit would be open to you inquiring about what he means.

Although I don’t know what your intent was for such a style in your responses, or what your tone of voice might have been, I wonder if you’re leaning towards an acrid, disgusted, or contemptuous leaning in your communication.

What ever your intention or tone might be, I hope you can develop one that is more inquisitive, patient, tolerant, and empathic.

7 Likes

:joy::joy:

Silliness.

Please find my ‘word salad’ attached below. You balked at reading, more or less. It’s mostly a linked article.

So far you have only demonstrated a slight ability to challenge others’ ideas. Not your own.

That’s okay. Carry on.

5 Likes

While this is so off topic of the Q status lol.

I believe religion is what you make of it, we all for the most part 90% of the world maybe even more than that want to know where we came from, how our universe got here, what is beyond the universes like are we a pocket in space that opens up to things we couldn’t even fathom or even begin to want to comprehend.

I believe in God and Jesus but I have a way different take on it then most Christians. I probably have a way different take on it then most people and 99% will probably think i am on something but idc lol.

I think we all have God in us and that we create our lives the way we see fit as free will is in our control. Also there are angels, demons, ghosts, and other paranormal/supernatural creatures here but the reason we don’t see them is because there are other planes of existence and well luckily we aren’t on theirs bc that would be crazy to say the least.

I was talking to this girls about religion and God, and plenty of other things for 6 hours the other night at a gas station lol.

I think we all should learn to have an open mind and respect others opinions.

I think way more and have plenty more ideas but i am going to stop there.

2 Likes

Would everyone please pause this thread for the next 6 hours?

We are getting off topic.

Please everyone step away from their screens and go do something else for awhile.

2 Likes

Sorry lol i just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I agree we are way off topic, i just looked at my screen a few mins ago lol.

We should move this discussion to a new thread if possible