Million Dollar Luther šŸ¤‘

I am curious what is your usual typical day of eating?
And what kind of meat do you usually eat?

1 Like

it depends and I eat all meat

yesterday in the morning i ate oats with fruit, banana blueberries, apple, did a quick workout. (I never ever workout on empty stomach. My workout performance suffers as a result). ate 6 eggs with some greens, avocado, raw honey, then watermelon - this is all before 12pm. around lunchtime i made a very large portion of chicken chop suey with rice - ran through it, then I ate the leftover lamb stew from yesterday. I literally sit at the table with everything laid out and run through shit like kirby. throughout the day i consume nuts as snacks, either have another banana or apple, have a protein shake and enjoy some watermelon and later for dinner I ate 2.5 fillets of salmon with pasta, veggies and japanese sweet potatoes

2 Likes

Nice, I like it. Wish you would be my chef.

1 Like

You eat the watermelon at the end? Do you not get distended, bloated or have gas? Do you entertain information of digestion rates of different foods and bowel transit times of different foods?

I am quite curious about how each type of food affects your state when consumed, solo or with other food types.

1 Like

2 Likes

No, I generally donā€™t believe in meal-timing of that magnitude. Too unnecessarily ADHD for me.

After a workout, I need foods that replenish muscle damage and promote recovery (high in protein) and before a workout I need sustained energy. My glycogen stores are always high to promote anabolism and high energy.

You will never see me low energy, starved, flattened, fasted or in a high caloric deficit, catabolic state with low glycogen stores.

I never get bloat or gas. If I did, or if I had any negative effects or health issues like that which affected my energy or well-beingā€¦ then I would become OCD on it and get to the bottom of it, while switching things up.

The stuff I consume keeps me lean, light and full of energy.

If I eat a large portion, my digestive system goes to town on it very quickly. I have a very fast metabolism and nutrient absorption, etc. My body breaks down fast. This is what Iā€™m talking about, if your body is a powerhouse then you run through stuff. Nutrient partitioning is super high. The gastric issues in my opinion happen because people have weak, slow and damaged digestive systems from years of abuse and poor dieting. For example, throughout my childhood I consumed a shit ton of processed cereals every day like cornflakes, cheerios, etc which are full of sugar, basically poison and damaging to the body. Lol.

You have to upgrade your body systems, by healing it over time. Getting them back up to speed. First thing is removing all the processed crap from your diet. No processed sugar, cake, doritos, pizza, fast food, sodas, ice cream, etc. Itā€™s less about immediate results and quick fixes and more about having a diet that promotes healing, fortification, longevity, support and enhancement long-term.

2 Likes

Yep, agreed.

Iā€™m just surprised about the digestion of different nutrition ratios in foods consumed together or consecutively.

Itā€™s said ā€œto eat melons alone or leave them aloneā€ because they are high water and monosacharides (simple sugars like fructose) and digest the fastest. So eating watermelon after a fatty meal or polysaccharides meal (complex sugar, sucrose, dextrose ect) the watermelon would likely start fermenting in gut while waiting for digestion of the former complex food to break down first.

But hey, we are all human but we are all different. Whatever you got going on is working, so who am I to doubt. Pretty solid digestion you got there

1 Like

I am mixing everything with everything. Got an Asian dinner, meat, rice, veggies and as desert had watermelon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also canā€™t be sedentary, you need regular physical exercise and/or resistance-training for cardiovascular health and etc. All of that affects your body systems, metabolism, etc.

If someone wants to get healthier, this is what I would advise them to start with:

1. Cut out all garbage from diet (most canā€™t do this)
  2. Get physically active regularly (most canā€™t do this)

Lolā€¦

Diet in the beginning, is mostly about removal of crap rather than it is about adding.

All benefits from fad/gimmick diets like the recently mentioned ā€œFruitarianismā€ for example, have to with reducing intake of trash. Thatā€™s literally all it is. The diet itself is extremely dangerous and will lead to malnourishment + nutrient deficiencies due to being unsustainable in the long-term.

This is what people commonly do:

Person A is consuming tons of trash and is unhealthy.

Also Person A: ā€œOmg, I need to try this gimmick/fad dietā€.

Itā€™s a jumping from extremes and the true mechanism behind their benefits are distorted.

Realistically, speakingā€¦ nobody needs special diets or fads. Nutrition has always been extremely simple.

3 Likes

So, what all have you done to restore, heal, improve your digestion since childhood? Simply an elimination lifestyle of foods you learned were unhelpful/harmful or was there more.

ā€¦

What is your opinion on fermented foods? Yay, nay or indifferent

1 Like
1 Like

lol

watermeolons

Iā€™m the strange guy you see walking out of the supermarket with both arms wrapped around a watermelon. No bags, no cart, no nothing. Just watermelons. LOL

3 Likes

I am definitely less big fan of watermelons than you but I buy them from time to time and not only the red ones. I am more fan of oranges, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples, and kiwis.
But every fruit is basically beneficial.

1 Like

There have been times when I eat meat, other times where I canā€™t stomach the idea of consuming life. Either way, I wasnā€™t about to argue with people about it, because I eat what I please.

Not sure why that particular topic causes so much division. I honestly do not care about what someone else consumes.

6 Likes

True, lol.

Me and @Geoff donā€™t really care about what the other consumes.

It seems like we are both passionate about the same thing: health and nutrition.

When 2 people are passionate about the same thing but have different or even conflicting approaches, it can seem divisive. But really, weā€™re just trying to understand the other personā€™s reasoning on why they do what they do and how itā€™s working for them.

I think. Lmao

3 Likes

I personally donā€™t eat any. Friend of mine recently started taking Apple Cider Vinegar, Iā€™m like whatever floats your boat, lol

Yes, the elimination is first step. Cutting out all the crap.

This is very difficult for people to do because of routine, habits, convenience, etc. They have to ease into it. Same with regular physical exercise.

After that though, you just need to have a well-balanced diet where you are getting everything you need.

Those 3 combined over a long-period of time (years), your body will naturally start to heal because youā€™re

1. Not adding damage through crap
  2. Getting proper nutrition which strengthens your body

Youā€™re pretty much anabolic. Low damage + High growth/repair.

Most people are in a state of High damage + Low growth/repair.

Their nutrition is unoptimized and low ROI. Abundance of empty calories and no nutrition. Typically people think malnutritioned looks sickly and underweight - this is false. Itā€™s possible to be overweight and malnutritioned.

High damage + Low growth/repairā€¦ over a long period of time this will lead to health problems because youā€™re literally deteriorating. Your body is getting depleted at a faster and stronger rate than it can repair and grow. This is real catabolism.

Itā€™s less about immediate and quick fixes, more about long-term building.

If your lifestyle and nutrition facilitates anabolism (Low damage + High growth/repair) then over time your body will naturally heal and get stronger. Your systems will optimize.

You need to stimulate natural healing processes through proper nutrition.

Antioxidants for example are important because they reduce cellular damage, inflammation and have a protective effect on your cells. When your body is protected and less damaged while also strengthening, growing and repairing from adequate nutrient intake then you are naturally healing. Your body has the potential to optimize its healing capacity. It is an incredible machine and super computer that can literally heal and optimize itself merely through high ROI nutrition and healthy lifestyle.

1 Like

I would like to add that I am not a doctor, nutritionist, qualified expert or licensed medical professional.

I am just your friendly neighborhood lad who works out in his underwear and consumes a lot of watermelon. I am an innocent, kind, well-mannered and gentle man.

Now give me all of your protein, or else.

1 Like

Lol these days whenever someone mentions corn flakes I just think of the wild history behind that cereal.

1 Like
The Valley of Vengeful Vegans

It was a few summers ago, I was hiking with some buddies of mine.

We were enjoying the great outdoors, trekking along a nature trail that went deep into the forests.

At one point along the trail, we came across these signs. ā€œDANGER, TURN BACK NOWā€.

We thought it was a joke. We were young and adventurous. NaĆÆve.

So we kept going.

We were laughing, cracking jokes and having a great time. Immersing ourselves in the beautiful scenery around us.

and then it happenedā€¦

We encountered a middle-aged man suspended in mid-air, literally latched onto a tree. He was staring right at us with a disparaging look. It was frightening to say the least. We didnā€™t know how to react.

It was at that moment that he suddenly let out a high-pitched wail. We heard shouts and rumbling from the bushes around us. We followed our instincts and just ran. We ran as fast as we could.

My buddies were faster than me and I tried to keep up with them. I tripped over a vine, which I later discovered was some sort of vegan plant-trap. They had been watching our every move and planning ahead the whole time.

Within minutes, noā€¦ seconds. I was surrounded.

They tied me up with a rope (handcrafted from 100% vegan and cruelty-free materials) and dragged me along with them to their camp.

When we got there, they emptied out my backpack in front of me. They opened up a pack of jerky that I had brought with me as a snack and threw it into a fire.

For 6 days they force fed me to eat nothing but soy. For 6 days, Saint.

-sniffle-

Iā€™m sorry, this was a really traumatic experience for me. Iā€™ll never forget what they did to me.

They tortured me with the promise of meat, only for me to discover that it was Tofu. I began to lose my muscle due to insufficient protein intake. My anabolism was low. My estrogen spiked.

My gainsā€¦ my gains, Saint. They were all disappearing.

I was becoming like them. This was their plan, to adopt me into their vegan cult and become one with the forest. They captured trespassers and forced them into veganism through unethical means.

I soon became like the Lion from the movie Madagascar.

gif

lol

One day, a Siberian Tiger entered the camp. For some reason, nobody panicked and they thought that is was just a large kitty. The vegans attempted to pet the deadly predator and to my terror, it devoured them one by one. The entire camp, right in front me.

I donā€™t know if it was a sign from god or what, I honestly donā€™t know. Maybe the Tiger was full.

I was the only remaining survivor in the camp because the vegans kept me in the back. The Tiger eventually found me and slowly moved towards me.

ā€œThis is the endā€, I thought.

I closed my eyes and thought ā€œjust make it quickā€.

When I opened my eyes the Tiger was face to face with me, staring right into my eyes. It then turned around and left.

I intuitively now know why it had spared me.

You see, it sensed my hunger for meat and empathized with my carnivorous nature. I was unlike the rest and it knew this. That is why it spared me.

My desire to consume meat, saved my life.

Due to this experience, I am always on guard around vegans. I am suspicious that they are plotting to capture me and inject me with soy. I believe that they have malicious intentions to lower my testosterone levels and increase my estrogen.