Best Quotes You've Come Across

Hahaha, yeah that quote screwed me up for 2 days straight when I first saw it. My brain was blown all over the ceiling.

1 Like

That person you see in your mirror isn’t you. Dang

1 Like

Some things are believed because they are true. But many things are believed simply because they have been asserted repeatedly.

– Tomas Sowell, Economic Facts & Fallacies

2 Likes

Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. If I love you because you love me, that is mere trade, a thing to be bought in the market; it is not love. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom.

J. Krishnamurti

2 Likes

The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is. Self-knowledge has no end - you don’t come to an achievement, you don’t come to a conclusion. It is an endless river.

J. Krishnamurti

3 Likes

I was just scrolling one of my old journals and found this randomly:

This is a badass quote, lol. I would frame this in my office.

6 Likes

The only people who like excuses are the ones giving them.

– Alex Hormozi

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this post from Fire, accepting, without getting limited by it.

Fire spitting wisdom
3 Likes

FB_IMG_1702880022441

:metal:t3:

2 Likes

“I am truly one of the greatest heroes of all time,
I always make sure to look down on everyone equally.”

1 Like

When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own - not of the same blood and birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work together like feet, hands and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper and lower. To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are unnatural.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

3 Likes

I always thought getting pissed at someone is absolutely natural.
But I guess we can let it slide with Marcus since hes cool ; )

1 Like

I’m been looking into stoicism and no joke it’s literally the answer to not becoming reactive and handling emotions. Omg this is like the Bible to life. I’ve tried in the past getting into it but I just couldn’t but recently my anger and irritability with people was getting bad so I started looking for solutions. I can’t believe I’m only now uncovering this way of life, it’s like the redpill of how to handle emotions amd how to deal with things you can’t control. Just amazing stuff

3 Likes

glad to hear

1 Like

Did you go through his meditations? There are audio versions all over youtube

I’m watching random videos on YouTube and listening to a few podcasts on Spotify but I haven’t checked out meditations yet. I will though because it’s mentioned a lot in the stuff I been watching or listening to. I can’t wait to dig in

1 Like

You dont need self help books, all you need is action and self discipline - aaa

1 Like

I looked at instagram posts from SubliminalClub about a month ago and one quote sticked with me quite hard:

Be the energy you want to attract.

6 Likes

“You gotta be one of the good guys, son: ‘Cause there’s way too many of the bad.” (Preacher #9)

3 Likes

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. Aristotle

6 Likes