Best Quotes You've Come Across

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. Aristotle

6 Likes

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 19.31.40

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 19.31.21

5 Likes

“Experience has convinced me that an assumption, though false, if persisted in, will harden into fact, that continuous imagination is sufficient for all things, and all my reasonable plans and actions will never make up for my lack of continuous imagination.

[or my over use of imagination…This quote is referencing The Thomas theorem : a theory of sociology which was formulated in 1928 by William Isaac - "if men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences” and this is because they will behave in a way that might bring the situation about. - If I think John Doe hates and is against me, and then I behave and treat him like an enemy, he will most likely actually become one due to my behavior towards him.]”

~Neville Goddard

5 Likes

Fear is the expectation of pain, so its opposite is the expectation of pleasure. The world is what you think it is.
Serge Kahili King

3 Likes

A : You do not listen do you?

B : Oh I listen. And I hear what i want to.

2 Likes

Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns.

A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us.

Franz Kafka

1 Like

ㅤ
ㅤ
A man wishing to be unhappy
finds many ways to prove his course.
ㅤ

2 Likes

Words may flow like a river of wisdom, but true knowledge stands tall like a mountain, unshaken by the fleeting currents.

A sage acts by doing nothing.

1 Like

If you aren’t going all the way, Why go at all?

Unknown

2 Likes

You can make excuses, or you can make things happen. You can not do both.
JP Dinnell

1 Like

Willpower is what separates us from the animals. It’s the capacity to restrain our impulses, resist temptation ─ do what’s right and good for us in the long run, not what we want to do right now. It’s central, in fact, to civilization.
Roy Baumeister

2 Likes

You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.
Abraham Maslow

2 Likes

What’s past is prologue.

William Shakespeare, The Tempest

3 Likes

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”

1 Like

Screenshot_20240208_210453_Google Play Books

Oliver Burkeman

3 Likes

“You have to be wise enough to know when you’re living your dream, and you have to be humble enough to accept when you’re in someone else’s.”

4 Likes

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

– John F. Kennedy

4 Likes

Gender is a scam made up by bathroom companies to sell more bathrooms.

1 Like

“I hate luxury. I exercise moderation…It will be easy to forget your vision and purpose once you have fine clothes, fast horses and beautiful women. [In which case], you will be no better than a slave, and you will surely lose everything.” - Genghis Khan

2 Likes