The Perfect Diet (Discussions about different diets)

Krill Oil is decent but it can become rancid very easily. Omega 3 fatty acids are very unstable molecules, they can oxidize within seconds of direct exposure to air or sunlight.

1 Like

Should be better than regular fish oil

1 Like

It is, but it’s always best to get your nutrients from whole foods. Just eat salmon or salmon roe.

Unfortunately like valk said most seed oils, seed oils in general are not optimal for health despite the major mainstream push for them

Includes fish oil , krill etc

Krill are like mini shrimp. They are the main food source for whales.

But yeah just avoid anyways.

1 Like

@Deadpool - eat salmon a few times a week, or eat salmon roe once a week. You’ll be set.

I personally like salmon so I aim for 3 to 4 times.

I eat salmon once in a while there is no problem with that.

My diet is, I stay away from anything processed lol. No processed sugar, alcohol, candies, chocolates, drinks or food. I don’t eat any fast food.

Anything else is edible and I eat like a monster. I mainly go off hunger.
I make things from scratch and I’m often trying new things. Make something from scratch and being amazed by how good it tastes is a very rewarding feeling. I watch a lot of cooking videos lol

Been eating a lot of fresh fruit lately like watermelon and honeydew. Helps me stay hydrated

4 Likes

Where is the evidence for that?

Why do you want to increase copper levels? For what?

You are missing out on raw unsalted cheese :wink:

1 Like

Evidence for what?

I have mentioned a few times about blue zones.
The 5 places where the most centenarians of this world live.
Their diet is mostly vegetables, fruits, and legumes, however, they also eat in moderate fish and meat.
Or am I missing a something that most centenarians people do not eat vegetables or eat only meat?
Correct me if I am wrong.

I am trying to just come from data.

carrots binding estrogen

I think he’s talking about this: Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Relating to this: Carrots actually contain unique undigestible fibres to help detox excess estrogen from the body.

haven‘t looked into as much to comment but I think I heard that there was the issue that at least for one of the zones they recorded it during or after the war when there was a big shortage of animal products. So even while they did not eat large quantities of animal products at that time, they did so for the past 100 years…
I would need to research that more though.

Also, you have the keep in mind all of those tribes are exposed to almost zero toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, medications, etc) in comparison to us. We need far more nutrients to bind those toxins.

What is unique about carrots? Undigestible fiber is also found in other vegetables.

And where is the evidence?

Yes I heard about that, it was Okinawa but it is just one of five places, and more consumption of meat does not mean, that they were only eating meat.

I would not call it tribes but I got your point.
My English is not on a level to go into more arguments and honestly I wanna have rather a peace and it is everyone’s responsibility to find their own truth and their own best diet.

Just wanted to point out that ridiculous argument that almost all vegetables are bad etc.

If anybody is interested.

I know you are eating raw stuff. I saw a few people on youtube to very good thrive on keto diets or on a raw diet. For some people, it can work really well.

My experience of trying the carnivore diet challenged several problems like constipation due to the absence of fiber and a few other things that negatively impacted my sleep.
So I had to try a different approach

By chance, do you have a reference for that? I cannot find anything about it but I also remember it was Japan.

Because they did not have access to it :wink: The reason humans started to cook vegetables was because we hunted every animal down, and cooked veg saved us from starvation.

Bad is such a abstract word. The question is more if there is any benefit of eating them if you have other options.