The Perfect Diet (Discussions about different diets)

In that case, somebody should tell those 5 centenarians places that they were eating wrongly and should change their diet for the better.

If you go from eating high fibers to zero fibers immediately, of course you will run into problems. The way fiber works is that is increases your stool volume. Bigger volume of stools means more „pressure“ to get it out haha. Your digestive tracks gets used to that. But you will run into problems long-term imo.

Why ?

I was referring to this. Because it sounds to me like does not matter if they live over 100 years with vegetables, I mean obviously they are doing something right if they live exceptionally long, right?

But I would like to see some study with people on keto or raw how long they will live.

You are maybe right, but I am not going back to try carnivore again.

I think this is really the important point here.

Every vegetable stores quite a lot of toxins (e.g. oxolates), mostly to protect the plant from being eaten. We humans learned that if he cook the vegetables we can destroy quite a lot of these toxins, not 100% but enough that we don‘t diet or get severely sick immediately after eating them. However, as we know cooking ALSO destroys a lot of minerals, vitamins, enzymes.

The issue is the more toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, medications) we are exposed to the more minerals, vitamins, enzymes our body needs to arrest them and prevent them from doing damage.

This concludes people in the blue zones could theoretically eat a diet that is far lower in nutrients and be healthier / live longer than us just because they do not have such exposure to toxins. We on the other hand would not do so well if we copy their diet because it is too deficient.

I am not trying to haha. I don‘t think the „carnivore“ diet is sooo much better than the blue zone diet. Both are deficient in my opinion (though in different nutrients and your toxin exposure is higher on a plant-based diet) because both require you to cook your food which destroys precious nutrients.

The secret lies in consuming raw food, which can only be safely done with meat. Most bio-available nutrients in the highest and most preferred balance.

One thing popped into my head.
In Africa, there is a tribe Maasai, they mostly eat meat and milk from their livestock and I would guess that there are fewer toxins than in many common places on earth I never heard of referring to Massai as exceptionally long live people.

Their milk should be raw.

„Blood, milk and sometimes meat are obviously not the only ingredients found in Maasai menus, their diet has changed a lot over the years and it now includes large amounts of tubers, honey and vegetables.“Maasai feeding habits | Exploring Africa

Seems pretty much like the blue-zone diet :wink:

Ok, my bad, can not know everything obviously. But I disagree with your statement, that raw and mostly meat is the best way, but after all, this is just my opinion.

Why ?

I thought it was obvious since I have spoken many times about Blue zones and your hypothesis does not mean it is also the same in a real life.

I can not compare the lives of many people who are real proof with some theory, it just does not make sense.

What do you think it is in the blue zone diet that makes it so healthy? I mean it is not based on magic but there must be certain nutrients or something that lead to such superior lifespan, right?

I am not going into further a discussion. If you want to read the book, make your own opinion.
You are clearly very satisfied with your raw diet, so enjoy it and thrive :slight_smile:

Carnivore isnt an ideal diet either , alot of the guys in that community dont look healthy

Im very pro fruits and honey to balance w protein

I’m still experimenting with diet to see what works best for me - nominally keto, but I don’t do well without a decent portion of vegetables so no carnivore diet for me. I’ve read Blue Zones, and aside from the focus on grains, I find it meshes fairly well with the Mediterranean diet.

At the moment my focus is fat loss leading into muscle growth, after I hit my goals it will be maintenance with a lean toward longevity, and thus a change in diet.

Check out a book called The Switch by James Clement; it has a great perspective on mTOR and the way diet regulates it.

That diet seems large on veggies tho no?

Raw diet isnt necessarily either for optimal health but it does contain more enzymes, bio available nutrients and easiest to digest. However the raw primal diet ppl saying cooked food is toxic is insanity… Out of all the poising, pharma etc, cooked food isnt the culprit to why everyone is messed up

I just eat my organs raw, and drink my milk raw, everything else is cooked