The Medici Family Lounge

As a marketer myself, I know first hand that Tai Lopez is garbage and most of his training sucks. I also know not to follow him into the crypto space. If I had to learn crypto from someone, it wouldn’t be Tai Lopez! :joy:
However, Tai Lopez has more money than I have and he also has more guts than I have. I can’t hate on him, he figured out something that I haven’t.

The same goes for Mark Cuban. The guy found a way to turn himself into a billionaire and a successful basketball team owner. There is no point in criticizing him. Especially if you haven’t even achieved what he has.

2 Likes

I still can’t understand how people fall for scammers like Dan Pena.

1 Like

it was because yahoo is maybe the most badly run company in the history of the world.

if you study the history of yahoo, its mind blowing some of the bad decisions they made.

for example, yahoo passed on buying both Facebook and YouTube.

I repeat, not only did yahoo have the opportunity to buy YouTube before google eventually did they also passed on buying Facebook.

so yeah their insanely stupid decision to buy broadcast.com that made Cuban a billionaire is not even the worst decision yahoo management made.

again, in the history of the world I’m not sure there has ever been a publicly traded company that made as many bad decisions as yahoo did.

1 Like

I’m not sure the point you’re trying to make with Mark Cuban. Are you calling him lucky because he made a good deal for himself? I actually think the guy is pretty smart. He managed to make a questionable deal look like a good one.

Have you ever heard of two companies called Enron and Lehmann Brothers?

1 Like

you are confused.

i said badly run NOT criminal or fraudulent.

yahoo management never committed any crimes and should not be compared to the criminals at Enron.

horrible comparison.

the entire industry was fucked in the late 2000s NOT just Lehman.

all of them would have been wiped out had the government not stepped in to save the entire industry.

comparing Lehman to yahoo tells me you are really out of your element in this discussion

performance compared to your peers/competitors is a key factor in this sort of analysis.

yahoo is now wiped out even though they should have emerged as the dominant internet company.

Lehman is wiped out because the government allowed them to fail and saved their competitors who also would have all been wiped out. the entire industry was badly managed NOT just Lehman.

but on the internet yahoo stands out as being by far the worst managed of the internet giants that emerged in the 90s.

1 Like

This is not constructive at all.

Also there were executives inside Lehman that knew about the disease that the subprime mortgages were. They tried to get the CEO to offload them and mitigate the damage by investing in vehicles that would counterbalance the fall out. But his top advisor kept his head in the clouds about the profits. In the end they tried but too little too late. Taxpayers were tired of bailing out those who made millions and mismanaged their funds.

The indicators were all there and people were trying to correct the ship before it hit the iceberg but the hubris of top management is what sunk them in particular. They pissed off those who were trying to save them because the CEO refused to sell it when he should have for a decent valuation better than $0 when it filed for bankruptcy.

i like talking business but its hard to take you seriously as you are clearly out of your element in this discussion.

of course i know Lehman was badly run.

that is not the point why yahoo is way worst.

yahoo is worst because such an analysis has to take into consideration how yahoo and Lehman performed compared to their peers/competitors.

to argue Lehman had worst management then yahoo shows you have a fundamentally flawed understanding of how companies are valued.

its not even close.

you are completely wrong not even slightly.

when Lehman fell…the entire industry was on the brink.

washington mutual was wiped out

Bear Stearns was wiped out

Merrill Lynch was liquidated

and then the government realized they had no choice but to save the entire industry or the entire sector would collapse.

even juggernauts like Goldman Sachs where on the brink of bankruptcy before the government stepped in.

1 Like

Again not at all constructive. Instead of insulting someone, demonstrate your point of view in a non-condescending way. People don’t take others who are condescending seriously. It just shows they have a need to feel superior over others. We are here to learn and grow, not demonstrate how much intellectually superior than others. Take that to the other toxic places of internet, there’s plenty to choose from.

I love talking about business. Thats why I created this thread. I know a little about a lot of businesses, strategies, industries, sectors and the history behind them and want to grow and learn more. My biggest desire to become a create a top rate private wealth managing company. I will do that by reading, learning and discussing. I know I have a long way to go.

When you say yahoo is worse than their competitors that is saying something different than the most poorly mismanaged publicly traded company. We are talking about two different things entirely. You can’t assume someone is working from the same metrics as you when discussing these sort of things.

6 Likes

bro Mark Cuban founded video portal Broadcast.com with fellow Indiana University alum Todd Wagner in 1995 and sold it to Yahoo for $5.7 billion in 1999 sold to verizon in 2017 , and lehman brothers went to Chapter 11 bankruptcy basically not the same thing

dude you’re at step 0 of the discussion lol

Im not sure if you are just confused or purposely trolling me but the more you post the less credibility you have in my eyes.

Its shocking that you still cannot understand that a fundamental part of analyzing a companys management performance is their performance compared to their competitors/peers.

Your position that Lehman brothers had worst management then yahoo is laughable and shows a fundamentally flawed understanding of business valuation.

Again, lehman brothers collapsed because the entire sector was going to collapse meaning the entire industry was mismanaged. Yahoo on the other hand stands alone and where NOT apart of an industry wide mismanagement.

3 Likes

@MadaraUchiha

You know, the more I read your posts, the more you grow on me – and don’t think I don’t know who you are and how your journey at SubClub began. But, there’s something very interesting and authentic about your “just put it out there and you can accept it if you want” manner of speaking. And honestly, there is much knowledge and value you can offer to people.

I’ll give you an example: after our light sparring over Mark Cuban in another thread, I actually went to look up what you were talking about and there’s truth to what you were saying. Plus… I never actually liked Cuban on Shark Tank – he seems way too close-minded about revolutionary products. If I took SubClub on Shark Tank, he’d be the one to try and attack me outright before even hearing what I had to say. As with most entrepreneurs, I have thought about what I’d do if I went on that show, and I came to the conclusion that before I even made the pitch, I’d tell Mark that he’s out (similar to what Ramit Sethi’s brother did to Kevin O’Leary).

But… you gotta tone it down a bit. Your tone is a bit too harsh, and that’s why people aren’t relating to your message. When you come at a man so hard, you force them into a state of either having to fight you or submit to you, and most men aren’t going to submit.

9 Likes

I understand what you are saying and its why my entire life i have never had many friends.

I have always been super direct and blunt even as a kid.

Most teachers hated me as i would openly challenge them.

And most kids also did not like my style.

But to me i refuse to change as i hate the way society wants people to be politicians who have to always censor things.

People think i go out of my way to hurt people feelings but that is NOT my intention at all. I just like being factual and efficient.

If something is incorrect im going to say its incorrect. And im not going to soften it at all.

I have accepted that most humans want to be babied and do not like such a direct no nonsense style and that is why i have never had many friends since people dislike me given my communication style.

Honestly even my direct family does mot really like me because of this direct style.

But honestly im fine with that. Im ok being mostly alone. Im lucky to be good looking and now with subclub products as well i can still get the women i want despite my communication style.

I know im a good person and again i do NOT go out of my way at all to put people down. Im just direct and factual.

But its your forum and i must follow your rules so i will do my best to follow your suggestion. I think for me to avod conflict here, when i sense potential issues i will just remove myself from the discussion.

4 Likes

That will be making progress! What about listening True Social ZP…

I’m not asking you to censor yourself, or not to speak your mind. Just to consider the fact that emotion, as annoying as it can be, plays a part in communication. Try not to be so polarized toward an aggressive sound (but don’t polarize toward pure politician either – I hear you there). Move a bit toward the middle.

I’ll give an example:

Less aggressive response (in my opinion, ya’ll are welcome to disagree):

Responses like this are the reason why I question the credibility of anyone talking about business online, as I question whether they’re speaking from experience or stating platitudes.

You have to understand that a fundamental part of analyzing a company’s management performance is comparing that company’s performance against that of their industry peers.

Your position that Lehman Brothers had worse management abilities than Yahoo is flawed and illustrates what I mean about people misunderstanding business valuation as a whole.

Lehman Brothers collapsed because the entire sector was going to collapse, meaning the entire industry was full of mismanagement. Yahoo, on the other hand, stands alone and were not part of a set of collapsing dominos.

It’s up to you, obviously, but I think you’d be doing a disservice if you did rather than seeing for an opportunity to tackle a challenge.

I actually have a unique relationship with conflict. I see it as an opportunity to grow. Without a catalyst, there can be no growth, hence why I welcome competitors (not copycats, screw them). They will make us perform better, keep us on our toes. So, I don’t really avoid conflict and I don’t urge people to avoid conflict. But, keep in mind – and this goes to everyone – that clearly we are all here for a similar goal: growth. I consider this place separate from “the world,” since here, we strive to ignore all our differences and work toward a mutual goal.

11 Likes

That’s the thing, lol

Having autism, you know that you lack emotional intelligence.

You’ve had enough social interaction to logically know, that people don’t take well to your unfiltered and brash form of communication.

You’re smart enough to logically know why…
Humans are social and emotional creatures and autism is not that common.

You’re smart enough to logically know, which verbal patterns and tone that you’re using that escalates conflict. This would be simple observational logic and pattern recognition.

You’re also smart enough to logically know how to fine-tune your method of communication to be less triggering.

The fact that you haven’t implemented any of this means you’re just being lazy and I’d like to add that while low EQ is fine, the condescending nature of how you’re attacking people’s self worth because they don’t match up to your logic, is a deeper issue beyond just low EQ.

If you were truly being a good person and intending to not put people down, then you’d logically understand the ramifications of the unique disposition that you’ve chosen to have and
take responsibility for it, by adjusting.

You are very capable of that and I’ve seen you improve a lot,

While you may be lacking empathy, you’re still able to see outcomes and results of interaction. You’re able to see cause and effect.

While you may not have the intention of hurting people’s feelings…
you absolutely logically know that you’re hurting people’s feelings.

refusing to acknowledge that is when it’s not autism anymore, but superiority complex.

8 Likes

Are there any good books for someone that wants to create a private wealth management firm? There is an absolute minefield of bad information out there and I am looking for solid resources.

What are some good resources then? How does one evaluate if a book has merit?

Most people are lost because there is a minefield of poor information out there and most people just hate or shill individuals/groups. There are too many ger rich quick schemes. Hard to not be lost when you are starting from ground zero.

2 Likes

I am not planning to run House of Medici at the moment, but have been very interested in the business-related discussions going around this thread.

It would be good though if the conversations could also include perspectives on successful companies and successful entrepreneurs outside the United States of America, for the benefit of those here who are not Americans but would still like to learn how to build wealh being outside the United States. We could go on and on about Mark Cuban, but ultimately he operated within an American business ecosystem.

@SaintSovereign and @Fire went to Paris and did a lot of research about the House of Medici, which was Florentine at its heart, to come up with the House of Medici subliminal. So I am sure that there are many non-American business stories that will be useful here.