The Medici Family Lounge

ah… biz ethics…

1 Like

I really suck at articulating my thoughts. Let me try this again.

The purpose of business to provide a product or service that is demanded in the market or you create demand for it like Steve Jobs did with Apple products second time around.

Businesses that desire to grow need more marketshare. When you are grabbing market share you are usually taking away others share which can weaken them and sometimes destroy them (Netflix to Blockbuster).

Like it or not business is highly competitive. Mark Cuban has a great quote that “business is the ultimate sport” You are competing against everybody. Someone out there is working twice as hard, twice as long to kick your ass. You either have the desire to win or not. Coke vs Pepsi, Nike vs Addias, Marvel vd DC, etc. Business does not care about your feelings unless it is profitable/beneficial to stakeholderst. It’s the cold hard truth we need to accept.

Business absolutely has to make a profit. If you are not making a profit, you need to be fast growth or you have a hobby. I have made too many hobbies to count. Profit is what keeps the lights on, salaries, benefits, improving products, reinvesting to the business and yes to provide income to the entrepreneurs that take risks.

5 Likes

Highly agree on this. Goes back to what I was saying earlier about adding value. Crypto, being just a “currency”, is nothing more (in my opinion) than pure speculation. Yes, there is money to be made, but always at the expense of someone else “losing.”

I think buy-and-hold sounds much more in line with the idea of value-add. As long as you invest in companies that fit in with your values. And, if you can find companies that fit within your values AND pay dividends, score.

Buy-and-hold is the way for me, if I were to do stocks…but only dividend-paying stocks. Otherwise, buy-and-hold…it’s only an asset if you sell it.

As for non-stocks, I don’t have a lot of useful advice tonight. I’m eating Ramen and trying to learn C to be able to dissect and understand some code I ran across that I need to make use of.

3 Likes

Actually, check out the book “The Star Principle” by Richard Koch…he talks about the difference between companies that are what he calls “Cash Cows” and “Star” companies. Stars, according to him, are WAY more valuable than Cash Cows, even though Cash Cows still pay well by way of ROI.

Hell, check out anything by Koch. He’s got a very scientific mind when it comes to analyzing how all the pieces fit together.

2 Likes

Was watching Narcos series last night and the opulence and wealth displayed there was insane…

These guys had maids, chefs, security guards, villas everywhere and flying private jets with friends who were powerful and connected…

I mean, your family completely taken care of… The respect and power… and influence you had to dictate the rules and having a say into what goes on…

I just watch that show right now for wealth visualization for the type of wealth I want to create.

Obviously minus the criminal elements, it was so inspiring having a peak look into how the lives of billionaires, 8-9 Figure entrepreneurs lived…

This was the life of anyone back then from those countries who was making 6 figures…

cant say to much on results but talk about it now, but hom zp is having fast effects like this and similarly on my dreams , but one adverse affect seems to some disorientation …

HoM has been really kicking my ass, just when I thought I was solid on ZP subs, HoM hit me like a truck with recon. But I am able to still take action and when I do the recon temporarily lifts. Been working on completely overhauling our finance and financial structures.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on how HOM hit you?

I feel heavy processing on the brain, but in a way where I am still normal, just a little more tired and light brain fog.

It’s like my mind was handled this monstrous task of the goals of HoM and its working on a way to get there. Especially since HoM and my current situation are pretty different, but in terms of scope. I already am a hobbies investor and an accountant for my day job so I know my way around financial numbers. I also have a highly strategic mind, I seem to win a lot of strategy board games. The networking is something that I could have if I worked on it my family has a lot of loose connections.

Still very confident that this sub is exactly what I need for my goals.

3 Likes

as someone who works in finance and has already made millions while still in my 20s its always shocking for me to see how naive most people are when it comes to business/financial advice.

no one should listen to anything Dan Pena has to say.

Dan Pena is a complete fraud and a joke,

here is some evidence if anyone does not believe me:

3 Likes

this is great advice that everyone should follow,

for example, the amazon best seller list for business is mostly an absolute joke.

its crazy how lost most people are when it comes to business/finance

1 Like

Mark Cuban made his money selling broadcast,com to yahoo in one of the dumbest and worst business decisions ever at the height of the .com bubble.

Mark Cuban is one of the luckiest people ever and NOT any sort of business genius.

1 Like

A common misconception is that you have to be a genius to be a good businessman. Cuban is not a genius. He is just a good solid businessman.

2 Likes

It’s pretty hard to be successful in life and not get lucky at times. Pretty much every successful person I know has said that luck definently helped. Even cuban said that it was like he won the lottery twice. a lot of that luck is made. It’s pretty hard to be a billionaire without making your own luck. Just because yahoo made a poor decision has no reflection on him. He built up a company, took it public and then got bought out. That’s a success.

He also didn’t become a billionaire by going online and tearing down other successful people. It’s easier to criticize than do. Most people who criticize every little thing and person do absolutely nothing worthwhile in their life.

His current venture of selling knock off medicine at 15% markup plus plus pharmacy fee of $3 and creating a policy of radical transparency is a pretty brilliant business move that has the potential of disrupting the industry.

2 Likes

i was in the gifted program at age 12.

i made 6 figures as a teenager.

Im in my 20s and have already made millions.

Im very confident that my tangible achievements in life are as good as anyone on this forum.

so no just because someone provides criticism does NOT mean they are not successful in life.

i stand 100% by what i said about mark cuban.

I would NEVER take advice form him and i find it laughable that he is on shark tank masquerading as some sort of expert investor.

Chris Sacca who is actually an expert investor even ridiculed Mark Cuban when he was on shark tank by telling cuban “Mark, watching your thought process on this show, i have no idea how you ever became a billionaire”

1 Like

I said MOST people. There is a trend lately where people love to complain about movies, TV shows, and others. Most of these people couldn’t even come close to the talent level of these creators or individuals. Most people who constantly criticize are so fearful to ever take a risk. They also generally don’t do anything close to the impact of those they criticize. Obviously there are outliers.

Basically stop complaining. Take the good. Incorporate it into your life and let go of what you disagree with.

It is good to be wary of advice that will not serve you that a lot of “guru” say. I learned this the hard way in college.

1 Like

you are confused.

we where discussing CRITICISM

now you are talking about COMPLAINING

these are 2 completely different things.

The point is you can’t discredit someones success as just luck lol.

Same way you feel about Mark Cuban is the same way I look at Tai Lopez, he’s such a garbage marketer who knows nothing about teaching people how to start an Agency/Crypto/NFTs

But its crazy because this dude is a trend setter, people now are starting to do coaching programs and he’s done it back in 2011…

People are now trying to buy and flip failing store brands now adding E-commerce to it and he’s been doing it since 2017-18.

Did he get his big break at a time when he realized people wanted to make money online after reading Tim Ferris? Probably.

What I think @Pyro and what my point is It’s never as simple as just luck. It’s like people saying Trump is an idiot but somehow this “idiot” managed to become the President and beat out a career politician.

Anyways @MadaraUchiha bro I completely though agree that Mark Cuban did get completely lucky with literally winning the lottery in that unicorn event lmao but how the hell he managed to get his users valued at 10,000 per user was beyond me man… lmao in a losing company. But being able to pull that off is just nuts.

4 Likes

Also… dude Dan Pena idk if he’s legit but I do know one of his students…

Thomas Delaurier I think, Canadian dude was running a marketing agency and he moved to the acquisitions space and now last year his company did like 8 figures I think

but lol I genuinely enjoyed that video you shared man,

opened up my eyes a lil bit