SALES & Marketing Community

Hey all!

I wanted to make a community specifically for sales people and marketers so we can rally towards having more sales specific products, help each other makes sales customs, share sales experience, compared cores like rich, mogul, hom, emp, eog, chosen, sanguine, and more to determine which subs are effective for salespeople, and redirecting all sales questions and comments here instead of to the community at large.

This’ll be place to post anything sales related, and generally speaking, any time someone asks a sales question, we can redirect them to this thread so they can get plugged into the entire subclub sales community!

@Ice @Davisnwc @Invictus @AlexanderGraves @Xavier @ksub @rajeshwer please tag any sales people and marketers you know I missed!

17 Likes

Ay Sales guy right here! Out going door to door right now putting the new custom to test. :fist::fist:. Currently crushing.

3 Likes

Sales squad unite let’s get this :bread:

2 Likes

Nice! What kind of sales do you guys do?

Inbound vs outbound, how much is your program, how long is your sales cycle, what industry are you in, what do you have to do to get sales calls and closings…

I’ll go first.

I mainly do inbound call taking now. Intro/demo style two call close. People respond to a facebook ad, book a call woth me, and then i speak with them. Our team will text the ones that don’t book a call to book one with them manually… then i’ll call the ones that dont respond to text IF i get around to them.

Its real estate, 5K USD for a package, and an extremely short sales cycle. People hear about us and either close this week or don’t… simply because we have no marketing or follow up really.

I can be more productive as a sales person by having healthier habits, sleeping better and waking up with energy, and being more productive to do the boring tasks like calling old unresponsive leads or lists to be contacted.

I thought I read you had your own business, @Billions ?

I did door to door sales (B2B), inbound(phone sales) and outbound(account management for an it company). Didn’t really like it. I currently have a management job in a semi gov organisation(and happily so).

Where do you sales guys want to be in 5 years?

1 Like

It is my own business but i’m the owner and closer/sales guy for it.

As it evolves, i’ll become owner/closer/manager

And of course im also responsible for making sure we have appointments to close in the first place, clients that are glad we sold them, and good marketing.

But it’s all sales.

1 Like

Requesting this be moved to emperor’s lounge.

1 Like

Done! Thanks

@Creator you in sales right?

I am in Sales to. who are the best people to learn from?

1 Like

The book that changed my selling the most was David Sandler’s you can’t teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar. Also Tempo Holmquists Practical Influence is an absolute game changer.

3 Likes

I’m in remodeling/contracting sales. I do door to door lead generating/ appointment settings as well as estimates/ closing once appointments are set.

Some things that would help me in my role would be leading the sale more, generating rapport really quick especially in the door to door role.

1 Like

Inbound sales currently in the telecommunications, home security and energy industries. Our various marketing teams use flyers and online third party ads to pique the interests of potential consumers.
Sales cycle is pretty short and commissions and bonuses vary per product according to what individual and packages are sold.

Via training of some pretty slick sales people and also creativity and cognitive boosts gained from running various ZP titles over the past few months I’ve just about mastered building value and even overcoming most people objections related to each particular product.

Most of my calls end up being ppl who are just shopping around for price but I’m steadily improving on getting people off the fence. Now that I think of it I feel like I could stand to improve a bit more on building urgency with the callers and getting them to take action quicker. Although it seems like ppl really like how I take my time with them and explain things thoroughly.

I basically play the role of the salesperson who’ll give you details and help you make the best informed decision and personalized solution for your particular circumstances. Not to brag but to be honest now that I’m starting to master the process we use, the way some of the people who trained me sell is starting to become kinda disappointing. I sound better than they do on the phone and get most callers leaving my line sounding excited that they signed up with me by the time the whole process is over. I actually hate most of the time when someone takes over my call because they mess it up with their semi negative vibe. I at least sound like I’m trying to help, they just sound like they’re trying to sell half the time which can tend to sour the rapport between me and my potential customers sometimes.

I could also use a bit of work on the rapport building side in general but hey, you’ll never click with every person every time.

1 Like

I’ve been struggling with my marketing agency. Let’s go!!!

1 Like

Why don’t you run ads on social media instead of going door to door?

1 Like

It’s not my company, and we do mainly exterior work. I can walk by your place on the outside and tell if it needs work but can’t really see that from online. The company runs marketing and stuff but my skill set is outside sales and honestly I love doing the door to door part. I get to talk to over a hundred people a day where as when your waiting for clients you may only speak to 5-10 clients on a good day. I get to actually sell all day and it’s really improved my selling ability. We have other departments that do the online marketing and sales in the company but they make a lot less money because her there jobs easier but they also generate a lot less business.

2 Likes

Sales! the 2nd oldest profession on this planet, we all know what the first one was! :slight_smile: great to have a subclub community for SALES.

so lets roll, what are the subs that sales people are using and have witnessed substantial affects

1 Like

I’m building a marketing agency now, very similar to what @Billions does, also with Real Estate funny enough.

About to start running EoG St1 + Commander.

Previous stack was EoG St1 + Spartan, altho Spartan took the lead on that one and made me change my diet.

However EoG St1 has helped me with my mindset, esp. manifesting an opportunity to join a coaching program that forces me to go all in b/c of the money I paid.

Excited to have a thread where we can talk about this! And would love to talk more about marketing for real estate agents specifically with you Billions.

2 Likes

Ahh, let me guess… got some of Jason’s students here? :wink:

1 Like

I’m trying to follow Josh Nelson’s model. Robb Bailey stuff looks good too.

1 Like