Reclaiming my power - A Journal by MatAlexander305

But your young as well thatā€™s my concern. Smoking 1 cigar each 2-3 weeks might not seem like a lot on the short term but in the long run it still damages some part of your lungs.

Smoke is smoke when you ingest it it can cause issues no matter how low you inhale it.

Smoking is pretty cool not gonna lie,

No doubt, agreed.

You donā€™t inhale cigars G :slight_smile:

Cigars have 10x the nicotine of an average cigarette, if you inhaled an entire cigar, youā€™d get terribly sick

1 Like

You draw the smoke into you mouth and blow it back out, itā€™s all about the aroma and flavour. Smoking this way also limits the amount of nicotine that gets into your blood stream

1 Like

Anyways , Iā€™m not trying to promote smoking as a healthy hobby so Iā€™ll stop defending it

1 Like

No itā€™s not cool (P.S Iā€™m telling you this because other people will think this is true even if it isnā€™t). If your smoking because you think itā€™s cool then you have issue you need to take care of.

This is my more serious tone because I know how impactful smoking can be and a lot of people I know do it because they think itā€™s cool when in reality girls, guys like me think itā€™s not only bad for your health but also makes you look insecure (Not saying this is you or anyone else but psychologically speaking this is what people think).

Nicotine inherently is not whatā€™s bad in a cig or cigar. Itā€™s the tobacco that can cause most issues (Check bio hackers they take nicotine 2-3 times a week and their more healthy before). The reason why nicotine becomes addictive is because of the action you take with. For example taking nicotine with action of smoking will make you more addicted to that action.

1 Like

But yeah I agree letā€™s stop talking about this topic now since thatā€™s not what the journal is about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not why I do it, but Iā€™ve always found smoking cool. I like the aesthetic. We all have our own opinions.

I actually donā€™t often smoke cigars in public, people generally hate the smell and I also donā€™t want to talk to people with cigar breathešŸ˜‚

In the backyard with a nice glass of scotch, or even betterā€¦ with a buddy. Thatā€™s how I roll.

Yeah I get it, trying to show off does come across as insecure. I know people who do it with weed all the time. (I was one of them :slight_smile:
We all learn from our mistakes though.

1 Like

You know your stuff, good shit.
I know all about it

1 Like

You know more then me that I wonā€™t be getting defensive about a topic without knowing the facts first :wink:

1 Like

Man really did run Limitless for a whole year. Hehe

1 Like

I did lmaoo

Yeah donā€™t judge me, iā€™m a young idiot that purposely does dumb shit to gain wisdom and experience. Books can only take you so far, you need experience and to take action to internalize it.

For example: I already KNEW all of this, but I hadnā€™t fully internalized it yet. Hence why I had this experience.

Now that Iā€™ve EXPERIENCED it first hand, itā€™s been internalized and I now extrapolate this knowledge and wisdom into other areas of my life.

This is what Andrew Tate meant when he said ā€œReading books is a waste of timeā€. Because you do not internalize the wisdom by simply reading. Thatā€™s just mental masturbation. If you read a book and take action on the knowledge being given to youā€¦ then thatā€™s a different story.

But was it necessary to read all 500 pages to gain 3-4 important bits of advice? You couldā€™ve simply used a book summary app or something of that nature and saved a lot of time. And he always preaches SPEED. But if you read for entertainment purposes, thatā€™s on you, no harm in it.

1 Like

Depends on the book. Dating wise? Probably. Wealth wise? Definitely (Most wealth books are just the same exact topic and advice. Educational books about tech/cyber security, good luck surviving in the field without reading a book about it lol.

As I always C O N T E X T.

1 Like

Day 2 of feeling exceptionally bored and pissed off at the world

Let the games begin :upside_down_face:

Actually I take that back, recon is fading away.
Slowly regaining my composure. Still feeling very aggressive though, almost lost it on a worker this morning. But I kept my mouth shut.

1 Like

Day 1 of my washout.

Still feel a bit strange, I was rather aggressive today for some reason. Not towards others but with my work and with my internal dialogue. Certainly a lot more reserved than Iā€™ve been for the past 2-3 weeks. Hardly any smiling, avoiding convos and eye contract. All the old traits I used to possess (and still do to a degree).

And thereā€™s a central theme here: Escapism.

Iā€™ll try and explain it in more detail:
Growing up, I hated school. I had hardly any interest in academics, it was super boring to me, so as a result I began day dreaming a lot. I even perfected the art of pretending to listen while drifting off into another world. Ofc sometimes the teacher would ask me a question and I would take a second to snap backšŸ˜‚, but it got me through school. That, phys Ed and music.

Same with homework, I was always a chronic procrastinator. Yes I was that kid that, when it came time to hand in projects; you know I was gonna be late. Homework was always so boring, I couldnā€™t study for the life of me. So Iā€™d sit down, try and do it. Get dreadfully bored after 5 minutes and then start drifting off into my imagination. Later this became, using my phone as a tool of escapism.

It escalated in the summer of 2016, my parents had recently told us that they were getting divorced. I wasnā€™t consciously mad at first. But it but it slowly started to really affect me on a subconscious level. My friends started getting into weed and so did I. Was relatively harmless at first, made me feel amazing. Some of my greatest memories were from those days back in summer 16ā€™. But it soon began to spiral out of control.

This happened:

2 Likes

Then this:

1 Like

And thatā€™s when I began using weed as a means to escape.

Escape what you might ask? Pain, the pain of being rejected, the pain of my parents divorce, the pain of falling behind in school, feeling like theirs something wrong with my brain because I canā€™t f*cking focus on this boring and useless sh!t.

Long story short, I stoped hiding from my demons about 3 years ago and thank god I did. (Havenā€™t touched it since, (actually I did once by accident but thatā€™s another story).

2 Likes