Q Module Pack #14: New Subliminal Experience

If you’re running New Emperor, for example, which contains its version of the NSE and you add a title that currently doesn’t have the NSE, that title will be affected to an extent by the scripting in New Emperor. But, like everything title we create, all of the scripting in New Emperor is designed to fulfill the goals of New Emperor first and foremost.

So, the 100% optimal way to get the NSE to affect EVERYTHING is a standalone version, that “sits at the top,” so that EVERYTHING is filtered through it. This misunderstanding comes from the notion that the major titles are just collections of modules. It’s not true – Nouveau R.I.C.H. and New Emperor, for example, are pretty much completely brand new scripting. The objectives may be the same in New Emperor’s case, but I started from a blank canvas and started writing based off the latest ZP playbook.

The NSE in New Emperor is very much tailored toward the goals of New Emperor, but if you added True Sell, for example, that wealth scripting would be affected as well. But this core is intended to “sit at the top” and filter EVERYTHING through it.

16 Likes

Yes. If you include a title with NSE scripting, you’re getting the NSE scripting that’s included with that core. But like every major title, the NSE scripting within a particular title is most tailored for that title.

The option we’ve opened up now is for you to have a version of the NSE that’s tailored for your ENTIRE custom as well. Covers all bases, nothing can be missed or not filtered through some version of the NSE.

10 Likes

This module pack is like Nouveau RICH deconstructed :star_struck: + new subliminal experience

4 Likes

@SaintSovereign

the level of complexity that the customs are approaching needs to be looked at, keeping up with all of these rule sets makes it really unapproachable for new comers and advanced users who haven’t built customs before.

i look at this conversation and have zero inspiration to create customs

It contains BDLM’s implementation of the NDE, yes.

This will be up to you. Technically from a word count perspective, it’s a core. Functionality perspective is a bit different because as you’ve all seen, the NSE is incredible smooth and transparent. First impression, I’d say that you can include it even if you’ve maxed out on cores. And considering some of the crazy customs I’ve seen you guys create and successfully run, I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

See above posts.

6 Likes

That’s immediately what I thought when I read the modules.

I don’t understand exactly what any N*E is adding to a core that I’d want even more of “it.”

I’m sure it’s all good stuff but adding N*E cores likely prevents a user from using another complimentary core.

We aren’t making products for those who don’t want to deeply think through their customs. We are not making toys for children. We are making highly advanced products for adults.

You guys scream for more advanced stuff, and then when we do it, say things like this. And that’s exactly why the new @Fire sub is currently being cut back significantly. I have no doubt that someone is going to abuse it and claim they didn’t know.

My response is – simply don’t use the new cores, stick with the newbie stuff.

11 Likes

Well that sold it!

These N*E cores must be powerful AF :slight_smile:

i am not asking for less advanced stuff, just better explanation of how things worked would be a significant help.

there is never a downside to communication

Awesome, thank you
The titles still getting upgrades to include the NSE. EOG with NWE, HOM with NWE etc?

This could create customs for those to have that in the interim. So deciding between waiting or making that now. Any hints if we should be patient on the other wealth titles upgrades? :grinning:

also cutting back on the advancement of @Fire new title kind of defeats the purpose of the artisan line, no?

you could maybe have it be a requirement to be an arch alchemist and purchased previous artisan titles the unlock?

instead of neutering it.

2 Likes

This is an exciting advancement!

Since we can build with minimum 5 modules, if we put the 3 N*E cores in along with Mosaic and something else, could this upgrade our entire stack with the N*E scripting?

Or does the primary custom focus make that unlikely to work?

Of course it is – this has been our process since the beginning of the Q store. Since when, have we NOT released a number of major titles and then proceeded to mine them for modules? We create majors, we mine them for modules and we create modules that fit a theme. This is not the first time this has been mentioned:

This is why individuals like @GoldenTiger and the such are capable of accurately guessing what will drop next – if you pay attention, we’ve been following a very similar pattern for years. @Malkuth has mentioned this too.

16 Likes

This always makes me so sad to read :sob:

9 Likes

Please consider not nerfing Fire’s new title

I’m confident you guys can make it safe without sacrificing transformational power

6 Likes

After reading the description of One Purpose, I just had an idea for a sub. I am not going to put this on the roadmap though. Still, I can imagine a major title called Genesis Rebooted or Finish Strong, specifically for people over 45 or 50 years old who haven’t had the career they wanted, who haven’t made the type of money they needed, and who feel like they missed their calling in life when retirement age is right around the corner.
They need something that could help them finish strong. That would be a combination of One Purpose, Furious Ascent, Genesis, Ros, RoM, Ascended Mogul and RICH.
I can see plenty of 50-year-olds buying that sub because this economy is extra tough on that demographic especially when you know that you haven’t saved enough for retirement.

Yep! One Purpose drove me to write this!

6 Likes

Is that still a thing?

Finish Strong or a sub for 45-ish- people generally speaking would be good.

Some health, some “finish strong” purpose scripting, some scripting to become a mentor/leader, scripting for learning from past experiences, feel attractive late in life - bit of everything! Literally Genesis but for a separate avatar,

3 Likes

[Revised version by moderator to demonstration application of our Campfire Policy]

@SaintSovereign

I think there should be more clarification of how this all works, perhaps a step by step guide for building a subliminal now that we have all these new experience cores. This might be especially helpful to new people. For people who just found subliminal club, the process of building a new custom might feel overwhelming. Perhaps a tutorial, or the building process itself could give prompts.