PLEASE READ: Banned Member

Today, we had to make the unfortunate decision to ban Hermit. This decision was not made lightly, and myself, @SaintSovereign and @RVconsultant (@DarkPhilosopher was away working on a project) discussed how we should handle this situation for a few hours before coming to this decision.

First, Hermit was NOT banned for disagreeing with us, or for bringing concerns to our attention. After the “confrontation” in the “Honest Feedback on Qv2” thread, the entire moderation team decided to move on and simply let the conversation evolved based on customer feedback as we always do, now that we have the new listening guidelines up, which we believe will alleviate reconciliation issues.

It was then when we received a PM from someone claiming that they had incontrovertible proof that Hermit was lying about a number of issues and was intentionally causing issues to push an agenda that he was more knowledgeable than us. We generally do not look at people’s PMs, as we barely have time to answer questions, but in this case we had to investigate. As such, we reviewed a few of Hermit’s messages and were both shocked and saddened by what we found. We will not post whom he was speaking to in these PMs, and this occurred across multiple conversions, though we are showing the most recent. If the individual he was speaking to wishes to come forward and validate that these are the true, unedited messages, we would appreciate it. There is no obligation to do so, though.

First, Hermit admitted in this message from roughly three days ago that he deliberately made an overly dense sub containing five cores because he wanted to “prove that the amount of cores is an illusion, and so is the amount of modules,” a statement that directly contradicts our recommendations, as we stated in the “Honest Feedback on Qv2” thread. In other words, the statement posted in the “Honest Feedback” thread were false, as he knowingly went against what we’ve said in an attempt to prove us wrong.

When asked how he intended on listening to the custom (and he ordered two), he replied he was going to “brute force his subconscious into accepting two new customs.” Again, this is against the recommendations, and he was claiming on the forum that he was already doing 1 loop per day every other day, and still having “issues” with Qv2, as can be seen HERE.

The individual he was talking to mentioned that @SaintSovereign has said that “brute forcing” was not recommended, and Hermit once again attempted to bypass the recommendations with a vague, “depends on how you define brute-forcing.”

There’s more here, such as him telling this individual (and others) that the number of cores in a custom doesn’t matter in regards to reconciliation, something that’s absolutely not true, and again, in direct opposition of the recommendations:

We’ve actually had Hermit tell people this and then when that person build a custom that doesn’t work, try to demand a refund. We are not just making up recommendations as we go. Saint and myself will literally subject ourselves and the paid private testing team to a ton of loops to see what the effect is. It’s not pretty. Like Saint said the other day, when you see him vanish from the board for a week or two, that’s generally what happened, haha.

The ENTIRE moderation staff has asked Hermit multiple times to stop doing this. We welcome experimentation and discussing those results, but Hermit has taken it to another level. He is now pretending to have advanced knowledge of our products and giving out dangerous information to new customers. We have received a ton of complaints and flags about this and we tried to talk to him in private and publicly on the forum. Saint messaged him twice and asked him to stop pretending to be an authority figure and I have personally done the same.

Now it’s escalating to him plotting to run his customs incorrectly for the purposes of proving us wrong, and then when it failed, he created a post under the guise that he was following all of the rules and there was something wrong with Qv2. As Saint stated from the start, there is nothing wrong with the technology, it just takes awhile for everyone to figure out how to get the nuances of it.

There’s nothing wrong with anyone posting that they think Qv2 may cut a bit deep. We NEED that feedback. When we started hearing that Qv2 was harder to run, we listened immediately pivoted to researching the New Listening Instructions AND we began to working on solving the “hard problem of reconciliation,” and I’m sure most of you have figured out that this is what the OPEN BOUNTY thread is under SubClub Labs. Saint even tested the new listening instructions AND the open bounty (he has some interesting, exciting news soon) himself for a few weeks using Paragon and R.I.C.H.

So yes, we ARE listening to your issues. We’re just not going to go backwards in technology when we know that’s not the issue. And you are always welcome to bring up any problems you may have. However, if we discover that you are outright falsifying information to push some odd agenda, we will have no choice but to ban you. What Hermit was doing is downright dangerous, telling people new to subliminals that the number of cores used in a custom title is irrelevant, etc. You all know what overload feels like. It can floor even the most experienced of us. We have to protect our customers, and when you have someone who is not only giving out dangerous suggestions under the guise of being an “expert,” we have to take action.

Some of you will be frustrated and mad - we understand.

But again, we cannot allow this business to fall under crazy regulations and scrutiny because of the actions of one person. We still believe in experimentation, but please note your deviations from the recommendations as experimentation. Most of you do this very well, but be cognizant of how you’re coming across. And of course, please do not do what Hermit did.

As we can see, and we have debated this thoroughly, there is nothing honest about the “Honest Feedback of Qv2” - and when we are talking about such profound technology and the potential impact dishonesty can have on development and even more importantly our customers, their well-being and progress, we simply have to take action and protect our customers, no matter how much it saddens us personally.

This is that action.

We wish Hermit all the best in his future endeavors, and hope that his journey leads him to his greatest potential.

37 Likes

Agree with the decision, although it’s unfortunate that it had to be applied to a longtime, relatively knowledgeable forum member.

Side-note: I wonder what there is to be discussed in this thread, given that it’s been left unlocked.

5 Likes

The irony is that the thread is titled “Honest Feedback of Qv2” - an intentional guise (very devious), when in fact the true motive of creating that thread was fueled by an agenda to change the course of the company due to one’s own dissatisfaction with the new technology.

His goal wasn’t to share his experiences.
His goal was to have his feedback acted upon by using his status in the forum and encouraging others to rally behind his stance, all while hiding behind the defense of “I am just sharing my experience” in a lawyer-like fashion which is why he desperately kept affirming it when his true motives were challenged.

You can’t hide intention and the tone of his was very prevalent through his posts so I’m not surprised that it turns out that there was some sketchiness behind the scenes

10 Likes

I’m evidently quite unaware of most of the happenings here, as he wasn’t even on my remote list of possibilities when I clicked into this thread!

2 Likes

An analogy for this sequence of events is similar to how when an individual (Sub Club) develops, progresses, grows and advances in various ways, their relationships can break with people (customers) who aren’t supportive of and in alignment with their progression.

Once you’ve experienced this in real life, with real people (possibly even family members), the first couple times can be tough and even emotionally disparaging but later on you adapt and you realize that this is just the nature of life and these very experiences grow your own capacity, molding you into steel. I think Sub Club is incredibly forbearing with their ban hammers. It’s natural for the ending of relationships with long term familiarity to be emotionally difficult - that is an evolutionary advantage at play, but that difficulty is entirely reliant on the depth of that familiarity and I don’t think such depth can be created in internet forums and online business customer interactions.

6 Likes

When we ask or say to please stop doing something, when we say please reconsider something, we are trying to prevent difficulties for you and others. Those others could be people in your life, people on this forum, and people you have yet to meet.

We want certain things stopped or reconsidered because we want you to succeed. The new perspective we are presenting is in the hope of opening more possibilities rather than taking away a treasured familiar perception, thought, feeling, or behavior.

Although there is leeway to discuss a number of things, the primary focus is to discuss the subliminals and your results. Any results. Even no results. That’s okay to post about that. Even if you think you’re getting negative results, please post about it. We need to know. However, please post honestly so others can benefit from what you’re experiencing.

There will be more and more new people showing up to the forum, and I want us all to make a good impression and have a favorable environment for all of us to thrive. With Q+ coming out, it will be even more important to make sure there is accurate information available, that customers are knowledgeable about the products, and that they feel welcome here.

If you are reading this and already doing this, then you know who you are. Thank you.

18 Likes

Fully support @SaintSovereign and @Fire 's decision on the matter (and @RVconsultant and @DarkPhilosopher 's administrative responsibilities in general). I find you guys extremely patient and when you on the rare occasion misunderstand what someone has said, you guys are quick to acknowledge it and even apologize when it is called for. I truly appreciate that.

In opposition to this, I find members (and ex-members) who have a “holier than thou” attitude towards others, absolutely repelling.

I personally would advice people here to come from a place of wanting to learn instead of wanting to teach others. It’s okay to share your personal viewpoints on any matter (and the forum has been made to encourage that including advising others). But what people who usually end up getting banned don’t understand is that having a mentality of “I know what is better for you regardless of what you think” will usually end up in Ego Wars and tempers flaring up.

In the end, as Fire said, lets be honest about what we are doing. We are dealing with powerful tech here and even though I love that we can get to play with such “toys”, it doesn’t take away our responsibility of being a bit more careful when using them. And a bit more humble and friendly when dealing with each other on the forum.

13 Likes

Of course.

That was me. And, yes, these screenshots are unedited.

(You can also put this post in the first one for proof if you like).

I very well remember that exchange with Hermit. I always valued his input because it seemed so profound. He had a way of writing that converts. Then again, some things just didn’t make sense to me. You guys saw the DMs, especially the last ones, so idk.

Anyway, I don’t want to gossip too much, he seems like a great dude and I think he definitely meant well (don’t think there was malicious intent) but his (spiritual) ego is definitely in the way and did harm to people. I fully understand the decision and likewise wish him all the best in what he does.

I also know another individual on this board had a lot of exchanges with Hermit and even met him IRL (IIRC) so I am curious to see what he has to say (obviously not going to tag him).

13 Likes

Rest In Peace @Hermit :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Mr. @Simon sits there wondering which list Mr. @Lion has put his name on. :thinking:

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hahaha!

I would put myself on the list of people who love to give advice but who also loves to learn. I don’t like forcing others to do what I think is right and even if I disagree with what others say to me, I will still think about what they said and discuss the matter in my head.

In Bible terms, I am like the son who said no to his father but ended up doing what his father wanted :smiley: (a very simplistic way of explaining it but yeah)

4 Likes

Hermit’s human.

So are you.

Do the best you can.

13 Likes

I had a bad feeling after opening that thread this morning.

@Hermit, my best of wishes to you, and I do hope that you’d join us again here soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a question

Is he banned from the forum only or from the whole company?

Can he still buy subliminalclub products and create customs?

3 Likes

Aww shucks! I frankly feel bad reading this. @Fire, @SaintSovereign, can we give Hermit one more chance? I think we learned a lot from this discussion (even if you guys have said this several times). I don’t think Hermit intended it to be an attack on Subclub and we can all grow from this event.

2 Likes

Same as Raph, I also feel bad reading this response. Hope we can give him another chance.

I don’t believe hermit had any bad intentions, he was just expressing himself in the way he always does, promoting his idea and experiences.I guess it is how he is. But I think he was not intending to distrupt subclubs vision and goals. Just a concern under recon

2 Likes

You didnt get banned for having reconciliation mate, you got banned for endangering everyone with your theories

@SaintSovereign, @Fire and @RVconsultant told you to cut it out because you could hurt someone but you kept going despite them asking you to stop. You can be non-aggressive all you want but the fact is you spread potentially dangerous misinformation that could harm people. Imagine if @AlexanderGraves started trying to brute force his mind just like you, what would happen to him? Imagine if people who dont follow recommendations started reporting Qv2 doesnt work and SubClub gets faulty data. What would happen to all the people that are listening to these subliminals? You literally were overexposing yourself and saying it doesnt work, which is faulty data.

Thats the problem mate, if you gave honest, clear, non-reconciliation based feedback, even if it was negative, without endangering people, you wouldnt have gotten banned

4 Likes

I leave you guys alone for one weekend… :wink:

Hermit, it’s not… when I first got to know you a few years back we talked a lot about spiritual stuff.

But over time, possibly due to your spiritual development, you may have gotten to a level of thinking that is harder to communicate to the rest of us. And so often and easily misinterpreted.

So you can understand that if we did indeed misinterpret the meaning behind your message (and I’m not saying we did), we are justified in assuming that we’re not the only ones who will reach that particular interpretation.

As cliché as it sounds, you have reached a level in your personal and spiritual development (and a ranking in the forum) which comes with great responsibility. A responsibility to be mindful of the people that are not as far on their journey.

When Saint, RVC or I get reconciliation (even if I am still too stubborn to admit I get it), we disappear from the forum for a bit. We take a break so we don’t post stuff that shouldn’t be here. I guess we’re lucky enough to recognize when we should go into lurking-only mode.

You should understand that your suspension was the end result of a 5-hour long discussion on a Sunday afternoon/evening between Saint, Fire and RVC. I’ve very seldom seen Fire hesitate but this was not an easy one. And it ended with Saint saying “it’s done” with a loud ring of finality to it. It’s almost like the air around us changed when he said it.

From what I can understand without being there, it was not because you broke the rules per se, but to protect those who might misinterpret and be badly affected by your message. If we are to keep bringing in more advanced stuff, we need our users - especially the new ones with little to no exposure to subs - to follow our guidelines first. Before they start experimenting.

If these users read the message from one of our “core” users that it’s not as bad as we say it is, or that it’s okay to combine lots of cores in a custom or listen to 16-hour loops or 7 days a week, they might get adverse effects.

They won’t blame the user who came up with that advice, they’ll blame us for not telling that user off, or for not protecting them against the side-effects. Or they will stop listening to subs altogether thinking it’s too bad to be worth it. Whatever the case, we get the blame. Not you.

So sometimes we have to act to protect the “innocent” from the “elite”. Do we still advocate that experimentation is welcome? As far as I am aware, yes. But maybe we should make a locked forum section for threads regarding experimentation, accessible only to members who’ve been around for a long enough time. Maybe even combine it with a suggestion I’ve made to Saint previously of demoting people’s titles when warranted as a lesser measure of punishment.

Feel free to suggest alternate ideas.

Either way, Saint Germain (you sure know how to pick a name), I do miss our conversations.

12 Likes

i would honestly love to see subclub forums without censoring just like twitter with all that “misinformation” term

theres a lot of censoring out here in the world
twitter, instagram,facebook,youtube, from stupid big tech

, i think subclub would be great if it still holds its place as a way of expressing yourself without having to worry that you might go against “Terms of service or rules” (unless theyre litreally abusing others and cursing them and its obvious that theyre harming others then badaboom ban him)

i mean if someone decided to follow @hermit’s reccomndation and found that subs dont work, and he found out its too harsh on him and its too much of a technology, then let him be.

me and lots of others, are going with the recommendation and were seeing lovely results, if someone doesnt go with the instructions they will face a dead end., and they’ll not get any results

thats on him alone. not subclub’s fault
let him experince dead ends and learn not to follow other people’s opinons

me and others are good examples that subs work if you go with the flow of instruactions ez pz results
(im not so much of a good example im pretty new here so might as well look at other for the better)

end of story :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not right away. Let him have his break. Let him rediscover/reconnect with his path.

Hopefully, by his birthday (November), he is still using SC subs, and wants to return with success stories; … or he has moved on to ways that better suit him in his current journey.

Staying here keeps him stuck in trying to make subs work, instead of making his life work.

:v:t2:

5 Likes