Pay attention to Forum Ambassadors

I am human and can be wrong,

but this feels very much like a non-issue to me.

I’m not even sure what ‘ignoring me’ would entail.

Ostensibly, we’re talking about some situation in which a Forum Ambassador is trying to communicate something important to another forum member in order to stop that forum member from doing harm in some way.

If that’s the case, then, sure; ignoring such an important message could be a problem.

Other than that? Just respect people on the forum (everybody on the forum), and live your life.

That’s how I see it.

7 Likes

The way I see it, if you’ve blocked one of them before, that was before. Your choice, member to member.

But they were selected for this role for whatever reason; I suspect that @Malkuth and @Invictus releasing the recent, helpful guidelines that they have done has a bit to do with this new role.

So, were you or I to have them blocked, what good is that to us?

I disagree with banning people because of their choice to block someone. However…

I also disagree with someone in the choosing to keep someone in the Ambassador list blocked. You’re not blocking the person anymore; you’re blocking someone that the people that created this community, Saint and Fire, chose to assist their moderators.

None of the ‘yous’ are directed at you specifically, @Budewr

1 Like

Another question, has any of the ambassadors had any kind of training or certification for that, so we can be sure they are properly qualified for this job?

Also,

All of the truly compelling and important announcements are still going to be coming from Saint and Fire.

That is just the nature of things.

2 Likes

Ambassadors were chosen because they already were doing what this “position” needs. So no, it was inherent.

3 Likes

No more custom naming services for you :rofl:

2 Likes

i understand this comes from a good intention and a kind heart. But monitoring people and censoring them was always behind this good cause of “the protection of the people and helping them not harm themselves “

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink, if someone doesnt want genuine help then let it be, why go this way and say if you ignore one of our ambassadors youre gonna get banned? I felt very weird when i read this

What if i dont like one of them ? And i had some not so friendly replies from them? I have a right to ignore them cause they didnt reply to me kindly or forwhatever reason? I mean theyre humans? Arent we all?

Cause before i used to love the forum and chat with like minded people here, and share experiences and insights about life, and one of the main reasons i dont post here anymore is this very weird turn the forum has been taking about monitoring words carefully and that you cant express yourself

Of course harassment is in no way acceptable towards another member im just talking about self expression , before i used to write in my journal some curse words talking about a situation or anything i just let my heart out, and i get edited off my journal which isn’t directed at anyone but me,

I just feel the forum should be a reflection of the vision. The sovereignty of one self and responsibility, if someone doesnt listen to the recommendations then screw them! Its on them! Not on the products! Let them feel their mistakes and learn from them, you might feel like theyre gonna talk bad about your products? The sad truth is that youre gonna be misunderstood either ways, not everyone will like you, some people will dislike you for no reason, and they will misunderstand you no matter what you do even if you explain yourself fully and clearly even if you put millions and millions of warnings all over your products and support articles

dont get me wrong please i have no say in this, im no authority here wallahi (i say wallahi when its very very genuine) this is a very genuine concern from a soul to another, i have nothing but love to say about this website and their products, and if youve read my journals before or youve been lurking and reading my responses from a while ago, you know i got nothing but love and ive recommended these products to everyone that i love, from my mum to my sister to my friends to everyone that i really care for

Please to the admins, read this one with love and an open heart. I wish nothing but the best for you guys, youre helping humans grow, and thats a blessing. We grow together
@SaintSovereign
@Fire

Sincerely Your fellow human friend
-Ali

1 Like

Thank you for you time sage for the response, i would love to reply but i want to limit my discussion here on the forum

I wish you nothing but the best and love my friend

Cheers!

2 Likes

Much love :pray:t3:

1 Like

I understand what you are saying. Look at forums on the internet that lack enforcement of rules such as the ones here and notice the differences.

2 Likes

I know what your sense of humor is. Thank you for your consideration of the rules.

PS I like Bruce Lee.

2 Likes

Y’all are going way too far with this.

Guys…

I’ll put it in the simplest way possible.

@SaintSovereign and I don’t care about monitoring and censoring. We don’t have weird power trips or find putting people down exhilarating. All we want to do is make dope stuff for you guys, and we sure would love it if everyone was perfectly capable of conducting civil conversation - but we all know this isn’t a perfect world.

Just don’t be asses to each other, share things and disagree respectfully and we’re good.

I personally hated that we had to implement the rules thread, but going forward it’s inevitable that we’ll be getting more and more of the toxic types of people that come in here with the idea to use this forum that we all contribute to daily, cherish and love as their own cesspool.

The rules, as well as the forum ambassadors, are here for those exact types of people mostly.

This censoring, monitoring and “authoritarian” talk is getting old at this point.

The fact that we have to keep pointing out things such as “don’t go over x loops” isn’t a case of censoring or monitoring. It is a case of people doing dumb things and we getting the blame for it.

As the foremost authority on subliminal use, which includes innovative technology, we morally and ethically HAVE TO remind you of this.

Would you prefer us to just let go of all our moral and ethical concerns and just release anything we come up with, regardless of the potential risk? For us to just go “yeah sure, just overload on 20 loops, you’ll be fine”?

Obviously no - and not even talking about the long term consequences for Subliminal Club as a whole if we were to go down this route.

Next,

If you were acting as an ass towards other members including calling them names and acting immature (we can all remember a couple members like these), a forum ambassador comes in and tells you to chill and you ignore him - yes, you’re at a risk of a ban. They’ll inform us and either @RVconsultant, @DarkPhilosopher @SaintSovereign or I will take a closer look at the situation and make a decision.

If you’re being a normal, respectful member of the forum and a forum ambassador goes “I don’t like this person, I’ll try to get him banned for some personal reason” then @SaintSovereign and I will personally fly over and slap that ambassador for putting their own personal issues over the position, trust and responsibility they were entrusted with.

Finally, again, we’re starting to finally enter the final phases of quite a lot of our projects concerning infrastructure, meaning afterwards comes growth.

Saint, RV, Dark and myself will not be enough to handle everything - that is why we handpicked members of the community to act as advisors to the moderators. They are expected to hold themselves to a much higher standard, and therefore their voices hold a bit more weight when they point things out to us - and that is exactly the core of their duties.

Pointing out issues and problems in the community so that we can make this forum better. Use the forum ambassadors as sources of knowledge and as a way to point out issues that you want us to take care of.

They are YOUR voices.

15 Likes

They’re not referring to ignoring as disregarding their advice… although FA’s definitely have a certain level of authority that shouldn’t be completely disregarded.

They’re referring to using the “IGNORE” function on the forum that allows you to literally block all messages and never see them again.

It’s one thing to get a message from an FA and to disregard it. That may be considered a slap on the wrist or something. Idk.

It’s another thing entirely to get a warning from an FA and to not even see it because you’ve purposefully blocked them.

So yes, I think that if anyone has a problem with the fact that they aren’t allowed to block FA’s, they shouldn’t be here. Anymore than we’re not able to block Saint, RV, Fire, Dark, and other mods.

3 Likes

I think you meant to tag @DarkPhilosopher

1 Like

You’re right. Fixed.

2 Likes

Oh yes. Thanks for saying this. I don’t think my message was clear with regard to this part.

Absolutely.

Any user finding us Forum Ambassadors misusing this position, please report to RVconsultant, DarkPhilosopher, SaintSovereign or Fire.

We FAs have already agreed to hold ourselves to a higher standard than before. And we are genuinely here to help especially with new users :pray:.

3 Likes

Ah, young people nowadays making statements without thinking about the consequences…

Disclaimer: the image is meant in jest and not as any representation how we see ourselves. Just saying. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hahaha please let it pass, @bombayduck and I have been like that for a while now, especially when we both run Stark haha

4 Likes

Just being in a funny mood. A joke deserves a joke.

6 Likes

Humor confirms moderator not being a bot :+1: :grinning:
(That was my funny mode for today :upside_down_face:)

6 Likes