P O W E R (A Woman's Journal)

Hahahahahahahaha that cracked me up

Thats in life overall. I have read somewhere i think was a book or a phuschology article that people receive smile as weakness. Yes you appear friendly but its harder to gain respect

1 Like

Well the thing is @Sarshet, we now live in a world full of people desiring instant gratification. We buy into the latest fads, latest diet pills, exercise and fat burner gizmos, etc because we all want that 6-pack abs, buns of steel, and more, yesterday (even if we just bought the gizmo today). The problem with that is that those things come with a disclaimer saying only a balance diet and regular exercise will yada yada yada your whatever.
And as @AMASH put in, we should be grateful for whatever small accomplishment we get because we put in effort. And that is why we need to be patient. No matter how difficult it may seem, small things matter in the larger scheme of things. We just need patience… like right now.

1 Like

@rising - I guess perceptions of weakness and strength are just that. Perceptions.
It all depends on how you perceive yourself. If you’re funny, then be funny. If you’re serious, then be serious. Just always be true to who you are. Perceptions can be broken. But to break yourself for others is painful.

1 Like

Very wise and on point my man

I agree with you. i was just writing what i read

1 Like

I don’t like taking up so much space in other people’s journals, but since there are several posts on this topic, I can’t resist the temptation of adding my two cents. I apologize.

Everything needs moderation and/or balance. You can be funny, as long as you aren’t all the time. That would turn you into a joker, that funny guy that nobody takes seriously when he tells you the building is on fire. Until he jumps through the window. Also, some forms of comedy are easier to perceive as covering up insecurity or weakness.

A theory on comedy...

Self-deprecating humor in small doses gives the impression that you are confident and have a strong self-image, since you can make fun of yourself. Too much of it and you are perceived as someone with a very weak self-image that uses the jokes because they feel that if they don’t, somebody else will.

Busting on someone else’s shortcomings can be cocky and used as a strategy often makes people see you as higher in the hierarchy. Do too much of it, or do it against people that can’t take it or in the wrong setting, and you’re just plain ugly.

Commentaries on situations, politics or news events are often safer because they don’t directly involve or affect the people you tell them to. But those are not guaranteed to succeed and you never know if someone does get offended.

And the simple funny jokes may get a lot of laughs but over time you, like the guy that does fake farts in elevators, become the person people roll their eyes at and never take seriously.

There is also physical humor, but if people are not in the right frame of mind they often don’t get it.

Laughter is a release of tension, usually that of embarrassment. Embarrassment at discussing topics that are taboo, at topics that make people self-conscious or topics that make them feel superior and then feel wrong for feeling superior. In order to build that tension you need to tread in tricky territory. On the contrary to what many may believe, comedy is not a benign thing, in one way or another it almost always makes fun of something or someone.

I myself am a trickster, I make light of pretty much everything, often make people uncomfortable in an attempt to make it a teaching moment, hoping it changes preconceived notions. Sometimes people don’t get it and they think I’m being rude and/or inconsiderate. And when you can see the irony in everything, sometimes it is difficult for people to see when you am being serious. For me, it remains a challenge to find that balance between making people laugh and making them recognize when I’m serious.

If you were kind enough to read all the above and you have 23 minutes, watch this TED talk and see if you recognize the different styles, plus her explanation of some of the characteristics of a trickster. Maybe you can identify with some of them.

And if you did that too, you have my thanks!

PS One thing that surprised me when learning about it is that when most women are asked about the qualities they look for in a partner, they tend to say “someone that makes me laugh” and almost never “someone that’s funny.” So what is the difference between being funny and making people laugh, I wonder?

4 Likes

Not much to update since I’ve last written here. One of the days I experimented with playing power can corrupt alone and felt super shitty the next day. I saw in someone else’s Power Can Corrupt journal that they had the same experience.

@GoldenTiger:

Since I started Power Can Corrupt, I feel a little bit sad, empty inside and like I have no purpose in life, I don’t know if it is normal, might just be reconciliation because I don’t really like wielding power

Yesterday I listened to the stack pattern that @AMASH recommended

I like it better with the subliminals playing intertwined with each other, it feels more balanced unlike when I play the same programs back to back and I’m left feeling the effects of whatever I listened to last more.
With this stack I went into work this morning with an improvement in body language.
Still struggling with holding eye contact with strangers though.
Also didn’t feel as strong of a need to people please with customers.

3 Likes

I’m going to make a valiant attempt at being like AMASH and ask you something. Why do you think Power makes you (or Tiger) feel bad? Is it because at some level you are realizing (and possibly starting to resist) other people using the principles against you, taking away your power? Is it because some of the laws are a bit on the dark side which opposes your principles or how you see yourself? Or is there something else going on? What do you think?

As for eye contact, when I had difficulties there, I sometimes used the trick I once learned to win eye contact matches of looking at their third eye position. It lacks the energy of direct eye contact, but it does help if you have a tendency to look down and away.

2 Likes

I would walk around the street holding eye contact with everyone passing by until they break it, and I move to the next person.

And when holding eye contact, I look at people, look at the patterns and colors in their retina. It’s fascinating.

Some people say to look as if you’re seeing behind the person when you are keeping eye contact. That is more magnetic as well.

It’s simply something to train. Hold eye contact all the time, it’s fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s because I currently have a mindset of being powerless and so the affirmations that are telling me that I am powerful, and that I have the power to make an impact and defend myself from others, are backfiring because while they are positive messages I’m simultaneously realizing how much power others have and my lack thereof. Which results in me feeling worse to begin with. Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. :joy:

And great tip, I’ll keep that in mind and try it out tomorrow.

3 Likes

It’s not really how it works :slight_smile:

We call this reconciliation.

What happens is you feel shitty for a week or so, then suddenly, some internal breakthrough happens, and you are changed FOREVER. Just jumped to the next level.

Whenever that happens, in my experience it means that is the most beneficial thing you can do. It might be worth listening exclusively to Power Can Corrupt for 3-5 days, until a breakthrough happens, and you are changed.

You will know it because someway, you become someone better all of a sudden.

It’s your choice though. I personally like push through that onto breakthroughs, rather than escape and avoid it.

1 Like

Where I live, too much eye contact can be a form of intimidation and a sign of aggressiveness-
so that exercise of staring down strangers in the eye as they pass me scares me a little not gonna lie lol. :see_no_evil:

I got uncomfortable just thinking about this. I’m definitely an ‘I don’t like something so I’m no longer going to do it’ type of person. Which is why subs haven’t made a lasting impact on me in the past because when shit got hard I never stuck to it. But I know growth comes from being uncomfortable. Ugh, you’re right though, I’ll give your suggestion a go for the next few days.

3 Likes

@AMASH You didn’t encounter hostility with the eye contact thing? I’d be hesitant to try this as well. I’ve encountered too many guys that take this as an invitation to fight.

1 Like

Well, depending on your Inner Game, your eye contact can project warmth and playfulness, or negativity and aggression.

For example, the actor that portrays Christian Grey here projects creepy aggressive bad eye contact.

See this at 44 seconds, and 1:32 and 1:39. It is BAD.

And see this eye contact, it is good, magnetic, people love it. It is what I do, although I squint my eyes less.

It starts at 01:45

2 Likes

Bro, in my family I learned to be really ‘humble’ and not harnest my dangerous nature. Scared to have power, scared to show power, scared to hurt people, scared of making the wrong decision and having responsability of other people’s life. I am basically scared to have responsability… Or I don’t know. I just remember when in a situation where people were looking at me for awnser, I was always trying to avoid the situation… When I was having the advantage or winning too much in certain situation (ex. Doing too good at my job compared to other, starting to be really good with girls, impressing other people), I started to sabotage myself…!

I hope Power Can Corrupt will allow me to feel powerful and strong when in relationship with other people… External power vs internal power!

Sorry @Lilith for hijacking your thread :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

People tend to feel the intent behind the stare. If it’s positive, they don’t mind. If you are nervous or weirded out, they will feel slightly uncomfortable, but that goes away as you get more comfortable. Same thing goes for physical contact. If you feel comfortable touching people, they won’t even notice you are doing it. But if you are nervous about it, they get creeped out.

When I look at people, I do so like an artist, trying to find the part of them that is unique, defining. It may be the eyes, or the way their hair falls, or the angle of the jaw. I look at them only with curiosity, trying to find the beauty. So if I tell someone they have amazing eyes, I actually mean it.

And should I meet a human gorilla, I feel quite clearly that I should look away. But in all cases, I don’t turn my gaze down. I do like a cat, blinking slowly and deliberately and looking ahead, back towards wherever it is I’m going. As if I lost interest. You’ll notice you almost always blink when shifting your gaze, might as well do it deliberately.

Once you get good at it, it’s kind of fun seeing who turns their gaze down and who turns it sideways. One way to figure out where you stand in the hierarchy of a room.

In case you’re wondering where the gorilla-analogy comes from, when you make prolonged eye contact with a gorilla, it means you are challenging them for the alpha position. There are a few stories here and there of people that got hurt doing so (this one caused a bit of controversy in Europe). Some human beings are so ticked off inside for whatever reason, you can feel it coming off of them. But most of the time they’ll be so absorbed in it, they won’t make eye contact in the first place, as long as you don’t step into their path.

1 Like

Hi Lilith:wave:

1 Like