Main Disc. Thread - Project Solace Public Test

I tried meditating while running the RM track and it certainly felt different to the normal masked track. Like others have mentioned, I felt I entered somewhat of a trance state which definitely produced less internal chatter/ego and more ‘I AM’ which has stuck around for the last couple of hours. I like it.

I listened at quite a low volume and could hear a short low pitched note followed by a higher pitched note… something like a door sqeaking open and closed? Every 44ish seconds. Don’t know if that’s just my mind playing tricks or not.

Looking forward to trying R.I.C.H solace tomorrow.

3 Likes

Running Executive Solace at the moment. I will run R.I.C.H Solace this evening.

2 Likes

I listen to it briefly, upon listening I started to notice sadness, like I wanted to burst out crying. I noticed how I kind of pushed it down. Then after a while I started warm feeling energy filling up my chest. There is also bliss like feelings going through my body. When I really tune into my feelings I notice that the sadness is still there, subtly in the background.I also somehow drift back into my head and I am a bit lost in thought…hitting the 10 min mark I stopped listening because it is enough exposure for today. (already ran my daily subs today, I have not yet crossed listening more than 1 loop for a sub, it has been my sweetspot for a long time)

Also the the new sound is so pleasurable and chill. Like being in a very relaxing garden. I like it

2 Likes

No ultrasonic component.

2 Likes

These will have ultrasonics. Solace only refers to the mask and the processes used to conceal the subliminal audio in that quieter mask. Nothing else changes.

3 Likes

Well, Solace will eventually replace that other mask, but we’re already looking into reducing the dynamic range a bit for v2. This is just the first public prototype, there will be more to come.

6 Likes

I felt pretty spacey when I listened to RM enhanced masked. This was after 2 loops of StarkQ and 2 loops of RICH Ultima. I will run RICH Solace tomorrow.

1 Like

@SaintSovereign: In a nutshell Solace is a cosmetic effort to make the subs easier to listen to. It doesn’t really improve the overall effectiveness, does it?

I’m ~45 mins through Exec solace and am feeling a bit lightheaded… not in a bad way, except for when my wife asked me to get her a protein bar from the box on top of our kitchen cabinets and I nearly stumbled when I got up. It felt like I had jumped up from laying in bed all night, rather than just getting up out of my office chair.

Only lasted a couple of seconds, but it was a bit weird. I don’t see how it could be connected to the sub, but just in case… anyone else get that?

2 Likes

Not gonna poison the well. :wink:
Need feedback from ya’ll. I have my theories.

5 Likes

This is similar to my experience too, my ex considered me a light sleeper… had several experiences while at Burning Man or other camping activities of waking up when someone would enter the tent, some people thought I looked startled. Kind of like a gunslinger would sleep light ready for battle. I think in an auditory way much of the time, although other levels of my thinking are visual. Earworms are easy to acquire because I can replay an entire song in my head. I wonder if there is some common factor that makes this happen… exactly like you said its the variations that tug at my attention. For listening to one loop during working I had to consciously push it away or synchronise my thinking/movement with the sound.

3 Likes

Earworms are something that’s afflicted me far more since I started listening to subs. In October of 2019, when I was first listening to Emperor, I was away for a business trip and the last morning there I was sitting in the hotel lounge area waiting for the Uber. “The Way” by Fastball was playing on the radio/whatever, and for the next WEEK it was stuck in my head on repeat. That’s happened numerous times with other songs since then, and it’s been much more noticeable when I’m listening to subs more often than not.

I assume there’s something in the scripting about repeating messages back to yourself, and my subC applied this to certain songs as well. I should note that I wasn’t listening to a sub when it happened, each time, and it doesn’t happen with every song.

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Okay, so just downloaded the RICH Solace-enabled track. (This is the only one in my current stack.)

This is just a completely different sound profile.

I appreciate the space and emptiness. Whereas the previous one, which I love, is more of a solid wall of sound kind of deal. This one’s more ‘column of sound’.

I’m only about 2 minutes in to my first listen. There will of course be an adaptation period, so we’ll see how it feels after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and so on.

This sound is much more specifically spatially-located. With the volume turned down, it’s more subtle. I’m wondering how low the volume can be turned without impacting the track’s efficacy. (Is a FrequenSee screen cap possible?)

haha. My mind is bonding to it, like a dog with a new packmate.

3 Likes

With the Ultimas, you can pretty listen at the same volume as before or lower. The embedded ultrasonic file is at the same volume as non-Solace tracks. It’s the masked subliminal that’s changed. I’d say, 45% volume is good.

3 Likes

It’s like when you get the “water in your ears” effect after listening to binaurals for a while and then turn them off suddenly.

Feels like that. I’ll know tonight if it’s just that first bit. I may just be used to the sounds of the original mask and need to break this in with a full loop.

Possibly, for the reason I find the processing of sound different to many, I have another theory.

When I was much younger (back in primary school, or perhaps earlier) I had a really bad inner ear infection that had me hospitalized for a while and they ended up putting grommets in the ears (theyre like a temporary drainage tubing to allow fluid to drain from the ears). Now those normally come out after a period of time, but even after having them naturally fall out they’d impact the machinery used to listen to sound. Perhaps make the ear canal more sensitive. The ear canals also control motor balance and I always wondered if the differences in motor skills were a result of those early experiences with grommets.

Did you ever have any similar experiences that could have effected the way you perceive sound?

2 Likes

I believe it’s the drastic change in the way the mask sounds. Trust me, I know what people mean when they’re like “whoa.” Took me a bit to get used to it myself when testing it. However, this also isn’t the final mask. We’re going to look at each and every response and optimize it from there.

5 Likes

When you do all these for the other ultimas can there be a cool masked thing for beast within to workout to lol

This one sounds almost ethereal. can’t think of a better word. Like energy that’s always in motion. Like how Wanda keeps her hands moving when she’s all magiced up. Or Anakin keeps his hand moving when showing off to Padmè.

My theory on those is that they keep the hand moving so they can more easily sense the energy and flow it where it needs to go lol.

That’s what the mask made me think of. Always moving just enough so you know it’s there

3 Likes

Bruh, get the LIFE app and use that version, lol.

2 Likes