Main Disc. Thread - Objectives / Product Copy Updates / ZP Refresh

@Simon - ah I got it. The LE, BL and Executive mentioned recently was about adding their Cores to the Q Store and not the refresh in the main store.

3 Likes

+Chosen From Within :heart_eyes:

And on Saint!

3 Likes

Lol now I can’t unsee it.

2 Likes

We’re going to finish refreshing everything soon. Right now, we’re working on the Q Store and the Q Software, as today is Q-Programmer’s first day.

Good news – we’ll be able to add .flac (as an additional charge, as it’s much more intensive to produce) as an option, but all new customs will be in 320kbps once we’re done.

We’re expecting to launch today, and I’m currently adding the options to the store. If you order “Express” today with one of the options that haven’t launched yet, you’ll be added to the start of the queue, but the order itself may not arrive until Friday, as we’re upgrading the entire infrastructure.

15 Likes

so if I order a custom now without “Express”, when I receive the custom, will it be in 320kbps, or should I wait until you officially state the Q Store updates are finished?

1 Like

Best wait till tonight to see the new modules.

I really hope our dear friend Fire cracked the code for the modules i requested.

2 Likes

If you want 320kbps, we’ll put it on hold until it launches and then you’ll be at the top of the queue with the others who ordered express. But, the updates should go live sometime today. It’d probably be best to just wait, as I’m adding new modules and everything as we speak.

6 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

and one more question: may I pm you to tell you how properly pronounce my name, after I will make an order? I would submit a ticket at support page, but I’m afraid support manager is pretty busy and my ticket might be opened only after a custom will be made.

Go ahead and PM it to me now, with your Q store email account and I’ll add it to your profile.

2 Likes

“there’s very little point in listening to lossless files (flac) over a Bluetooth link, which means you should only consider a wired connection for it to make sense“

is this true?

1 Like

Of course. No digital codec could ever replace the true quality that comes from good ol’ analog. And when it comes to wired, we’re talking strict AUX - Lightning and USB-C does not count.

2 Likes

sure but is it true that flac is pretty much useless to upgrade to if you are using bluetooth earphones?

I wouldn’t say utterly useless, the quality will be significantly improved compared to MP3 audio, with or without Bluetooth headphones.

But if you’re looking for lossless audio specifically, then yes it’s useless.

unless you don’t have special headphones, an expensive sound card or an amplifier, it doesn’t make a sense to use .flac format.

I wouldn’t say that, it really depends on the person. I personally can tell a huge difference between FLAC audio and an MP3 audio file, even when listening through cheaper headphones.

But again, it depends on every person’s ear.

2 Likes

Eh. Yes, you’re going to lose sound fidelity over Bluetooth and yes, the best sound quality is over analog. However, you can definitely notice a difference in the sound quality between 192 mp3, 320 mp3 and 320 flac. Much clearer. It maxes out the bandwidth available to Bluetooth.

However, for the best sound quality, a wired connection remains king. We use reference monitors in the studio that aren’t even self-powered and use speaker wire. They run into a very expensive amplifier.

10 Likes

@SaintSovereign Should I not have Dolby Atmos enabled while running a sub?

If it’s the hardware Atmos implementation, you should be fine. If it’s an Atmos software / emulator, I’m not sure. It could interfere.

2 Likes