Main Disc. Thread - Zero Point Customs NOW LIVE

Do you have to pay upgrade for ZPT or ZPT2 when your original order was already made in the build type? The form does not appear to offer this option like for mask via radial question.

Aw, hell. Good catch. I’ll have to fix that.

2 Likes

Will clean this up in the morning, but for now, a new option has been added:

2 Likes

This is really the greatest thing ever and should remove reasons stopping people from building!

First, you only need to license modules one time; and Second, for a nominal fee you can keep rebuilding your custom through the latest technology! I hope this is a permanent feature. :fireworks:

6 Likes

Do .flac give better results then .mp3 if so what’s the main difference for it? (Not a sound guy as you can see aha)

1 Like

:point_up_2:but factors take into consideration :point_down:

So basically better sound quality means better results?

1 Like

Yes since more details are there for your ears to pick up.

1 Like

Anyone tried ZP Terminus or ZP Terminus Squared yet?

1 Like

Sound quality, massive upgrade over 320kbps. As to whether it gives better results, I don’t know. I would assume yes, but I haven’t tested it enough to come to a conclusion. It does feel like the 320kbps upgrade is generating better results, but that could also be the anti-recon, the rebalancing or a mixture of all three. If you have high end headphones or speakers, however, you’ll definitely see benefits.

9 Likes

Would the Sony WH-1000M5 be considered high end headphones?

this is a question for Google, i guess. Search some your headphone’s model testing and something like this.

Depends on what you’re looking at but for wireless headphones, those are definitely high-end. Arguably the best sound quality you can get on Bluetooth headphones actually.

I do want to stress that even if you have shitty headphones and/or speakers, or if you’re using DAC over wired, FLAC sound quality will still sound excellent compared to 320kbps MP3s.

Will you be extracting the full potential out of the FLAC audio? No.
Will there be a significant difference regardless? Yes.

2 Likes

They’d have to wired into a source that supports .flac if you’re planning on going that route. If it goes wireless, it depends on codecs and there’s a bunch. It goes ldac > aptX hd > aptX > aac > sbc. Even though some are better than others, none of them actually compete with even CD quality. I think ldac is close to the 320 bitrate but I know it’s unreliable as it stretches the boundaries of what a Bluetooth connection can support.

Those are the most common, and there’s even more than that. Sony xm5 support all of those, and even though it supports them it’ll depend on your source. Androids support these but apple devices only support sbc TECHNICALLY and get their quality of audio via the H1 chip from iPhones. It’s confusing, so for subs I just use my wired cans and buds on a Sony Walkman MP3 player that supports .flac and call it a day.

Hooray on the flac btw!!!

2 Likes

LDAC supports up to 990kbps at 96/48 kHz with Bluetooth 5.

I’m not sure what you mean by unreliable, but I’ve been using LDAC exclusively for 3 years now with my Sony WH-1000M3 and WH-1000M4 and I’ve never had a single problem with it. Music quality is great.

2 Likes

It’s the bluetooth that’s the limitation, not necessarily the model. I have a pair of $80 open back studio monitors that outperforms my “high end” wireless headsets simply because they’re wired and are flat response (meaning they don’t color the sound). I would use these with .flac, although the open back nature allows sound to escape and possibly disturb others.

2 Likes

If you have bluetooth headphones and they are equipped with aptx technology, then you are fine.

https://www.aptx.com/aptx

Audio Encoding Aptx

• 16-bit, up to 48kHz sampling rate
    Program memory usage
  • 3.3kwords (encoder) / 3.6kwords (decoder)
    Data memory usage
  • 1.8kwords
    ARM MHz
  • ~63MHz (stereo encode) on ARMv7A with NEON
    Bit Rate
  • 384 kbps (48 kHz sampling)

LDAC is a better codec than aptx…

What we do know is LDAC is a codec that allows you to stream high-resolution audio up to 32-bit/96kHz over Bluetooth at up to 990kbps. According to Sony, LDAC allows approximately three times more data to be streamed over Bluetooth due to the use of more efficient coding and “optimised packetization” of the data.

2 Likes

We’re doing the final touches on .flac and we’re pleased to announce that Emperor, True Sell and Ascension Chamber will be receiving the experimental flac versions.

14 Likes

@SaintSovereign any ETA on when the new module pack is coming out?

Also, will Iron Fists be making an appearance? Roadmap isn’t updated so I have no idea if that’s actually going to be a thing or not.

I think this is a better question for @Fire

And he likes to keep it hush hush lol

Usually we get some sort of preview of a album art and told to guess what it could be then up to a week later he releases it.

Idk when the next one will be released but seeing as they have all this awesome stuff going on i can imagine it would be very soon

2 Likes