Hello Dolby atmos?

Hello I am new I saw that my headphones are mandatory, I have a samsung s21 which has Dolby atmos in the settings… can I activate it or does it reduce the power and l effectiveness of the sub?

I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Thanks.
I’m fine, my question is can I activate the Dolby atmos setting in my samsung music settings when I listen to a zp subliminal … they will still work as well good?

Well I got my own answer on my own since we can’t be here lolll… it works with or without dolby…these are more powerful with dolby on but if you have a big playlist like me remove dolby, if you don’t have much to listen to can turn dolby on it will make the sub more powerfulinconnu

4 Likes

There is no reason whatsoever to use Dolby when listening to subs.

Preferably you want a bit-perfect audio signal. Personally I listen using foobar2k on my Windows computer in exclusive mode. That transmits the audio signal directly to the DAC, bypassing the Windows mixer and all software processing.

Practically, you can just use any common audio player like VLC or iTunes or foobar2k and it will most likely be a bit-perfect stream. If you’re on a Windows computer the default output sampling & bit rate is 44.1kHz and 16-bit, I believe. You should increase this to 24-bit if it isn’t already (which you can do in the Control Panel > Sound > Right-click on sound device > Advanced), preferably with 48kHz if supported – unless you’re using a program in exclusive mode, in which case it is decided by the software/file.

If you’re on a Xiaomi Note Pro, you can enable the Hi-Fi mode in the Settings to use the dedicated sound card. This improves quality and outputs sound at 24-bit.

1 Like