Le Journal de Palpatine™ (2022)

8 Likes

I ran full RoM ultra before bed.

Was having some sort of deeply-layered dream. It felt significant. I don’t recall any specifics because wife woke me up wanting a damn back rub.

2 Likes

I use my headphones. I’ve measured enough to know how high I can do with the volume.

RoM seems to be increasing my Wordle ability.
Making easier leaps as to word possibilities.

Wordle 546 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

I’m at the Zelda restaurant waiting to pick up an order for someone. It’s crowded. As in every table full.

Normally this level of noise and this many people would kick my anti-crowd response into overdrive.

Nothing. Just sitting in the waiting area and amazed at the fact it isn’t bothering me in the slightest.

4 Likes

I laugh when people say “I’m running this sub solo for 3 years”. Playa no you ain’t

I never commit to a single sub or stack anymore.

I commit to outcomes.

4 Likes

In Soviet Russia, outcome commits to you.

2 Likes

In America, we look for a party. In Soviet Russia, the party finds you.

3 Likes

Political party or the fun party?

1 Like

Having to explain that ruins the joke.

2 Likes

This was a new joke itself, in case you thought of it as a question :joy::joy:
And don’t even think about taking the credit

1 Like

My “overexposure” of 3-minutes and microloops is paying off.

Driving just now and I “asked” EoG what my main problem/issue with money really is.

Got an answer immediately.

“You’ve spent a lifetime focusing making your expenses fit within your income. Trying to do ‘just enough’ to keep stuff going. When you should be making your income grow to meet and surpass your expenses”

I didn’t get that literal wording as a voice in my head. More like a mental dump of that concept.

6 Likes

When I come across the quote that this reminds me of, I’ll share it here :slight_smile:

Seems legit!

1 Like

Another insight:

Subs are tools. Meant to be listend to/run until they aren’t needed any longer. The scripting gets “in there”. Minimum Effective Dose will be different for each person, of course.

The real insight, though?

Listening to subs over and over again past MED signals to the SubC that you don’t actually have faith it will do what it does.

Find your MED, run the loops. Trust the SubC to do its thing with the scripting.

fin

7 Likes

At the risk of being overly generalized, engineers love creating new features. Regardless if anyone wants the new features or not.

They want the market to conform to their creations

That’s why most “art” sucks

because the artist thinks it’s solely about the art

when it’s better, financially- and marketing-wise, to find out the kinds and classes of art people want and value

and then make stuff that fits within that somewhat

But they see that as “selling out”

when they could still find out the general kinds of things customers like and still have plenty of room within that to show how creative they are.

EDIT: No idea really where that ^^^ came from. I decided earlier today to buy Ultimate Artist next to add to my toolbox. I’m sure it’ll help me in my pursuit of goals and outcomes. I’m like $2 or $3 short still, so it’ll be a couple days before I get it.

3 Likes

I’m reading “The Spirit of Kaizen” by Robert Maurer, Ph.D. (same guy who wrote “One Small Step Can Change Your Life”)

“If the Amygdala is like an alarm system, small steps are like cat burglars”

3 Likes

I disagree. Strongly. I have found that the more (as in longer) I run a sub, the more effect it has, and the more that those effects become ingrained into how I think, act, and am.
Take the Ascension custom I ran for six months. I felt noticeably better about myself after a couple of days, but after six months the thoughts and behaviors were becoming part of who a am and were just natural to me.

3 Likes

Working in the office/lab/workshop for the first time in a LONG time. On my empire project. Which has been a while.

I looped 3-minute ultras of:
AscMogul
Limitless
Stark
Limitless
Emperor Black: Twilight of the Gods.

Just looped them over and over.

Did a lot of research for the empire project, only to determine something I want to do with it is still well outside my skill set. I’ll start remedying that tomorrow.

Through a set of interesting research paths online, I ended up ordering a book on Kindle:

1 Like

@RVconsultant @DarkPhilosopher Lock this journal please.

Continuing at Le Journal de Palpatine™ (2023)

2 Likes