Journal: Emperor/Rebirth

I hear you @Palpatine. NDAs, non-competes and such contract clauses can suck sometimes.

2 Likes

I tweaked the sheet yet again…so it also shows the actual date I should reach the 500 hours goal…of course that will change dynamically if I listen more or less than average for any given day.

So this gives me the new ability now to challenge myself to squeeze in as many loops as i can each day and see how much I can make that ETA to creep sooner sooner.

2 Likes

This is awesome man! So you have a special skill to use spreadsheets to break down any problem or business idea into small enough chunks, and you start tweaking stuff and understanding it.

How does it feel for you to do that?

And very importantly, what’s an aspect of that you can use to enjoy your job a bit more, and also to make building your empire concrete?

Also, I have heard from David Deida that when a man gets an idea, a calling to do something (like you said you had with getting your hypnotherapy license re-instated), the man should do it and see how it feels. If the desire to continue grows, it means something deeper is calling him to do it, and it is the right decision, even if the conscious mind isn’t aware of that yet.

What do you think about this? Could this be applicable to you?

Honestly, you’re a very good friend indeed. Taking this skill and your time to help your friend with something important.

Could using this as a consulting / small business advice thing be part of the Empire you are building? Often, your core competence is something that seems easy for you, but to other people, it’s an enigma surrounded by mystery. If you could, for example, specialize in NLP and hypnotherapy businesses (which you seem to be an expert on) to help them with your spreadsheets and analytical thinking understand their business and tweak it, and you also get experience and understanding of the business as a consultant, could that be valuable to you? Especially if done virtually, which I assume might be something you want. Could this be part of your plan? And if so, how could you try it with a MVS (Minimum Viable Service)?

Awesome! Could there be a part of your life right now that would use this skill immensely that you might not be aware of? If it existed, where could it be located in your life, house, work, or Empire ideas?

Awesome journal man. Keep going. And don’t let your skills and abilities and knowledge go to waste.

I hope for you that your outside world will reflect your inner wealth, soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Been working today so didn’t have a chance to respond yet.

Feels like I’m doing something worthwhile for sure. Much more so than “This is why you see these charges on your bank statement”

The way I see it, the “Practice” I put in with other of my pet projects is training me to have a more keen eye to keeping my empire-building focused and on task. It’s easy for me to get distracted. At least it WAS, before becoming THE Emperor :wink:

Me too, man. Me too.

Thanks for the reply!

3 Likes

Day 8
Listening time today: 14 hours
Total listening time: 80.95 hours
Percent to goal: 16.19% (goal is 500 hours)
Sleep:
1X rebirth
8X Emperor
1X rebirth (as waking up)

Dream: Had a dream that my mom was visiting. And Daughter pulled me aside and said “Grandma recorded a tape saying some not nice stuff about you. I don’t think she likes you very much, but didn’t want us to say anything to you”

And I got a bit upset at first but then said “Ah well. I can’t make everyone happy. If she doesn’t like me, that’s her business. Not mine”

I LOVE my mom. So I think that if I could let my MOM not liking me not affect me, then I could with just about anyone else be fine with that. Perhaps the “anti-social” aspects of Emperor coming through?

Either way…it seems enlightening to me.

5 Likes

Is there a way and a possibility @Palpatine to mix your enjoyment of reading self-development journals, your enjoyment of breaking things down and putting them into excel sheets, and your desire to have financial independence freedom, in a way that makes you wake up excited for the day?

This could be really worth pondering…

4 Likes

Emperor is not truly anti-social. All is does is any person who is not a positive influence in your life, it makes you lose interest in contact thing, keeping in touch with them, and bored talking to them.

And since most people are not doing much with their lives, you will seem to be a loner. However, when you find a person or a group of people who are a positive force in your life, you are extremely social with them. It’s just that those are not 99% of humanity. Compared to Daredevil which makes you friendly and enjoy all people and want to mingle with them.

cc @Hollywood

8 Likes

Hahahaha! :smiley: Awesome quote!

5 Likes

I skipped any listening to subs during my sleep time (Today is Day 9 but I’m in the office listening to Emperor)
Dreams didn’t see much different.
I went to bed at 2am-ish my time…got up at 6:30am because I forgot to turn off my alarm that I’d usually use to get up for work today. (New schedule starts today, so I work Sundays now instead of Saturdays).
Actual sleep time according to Fitbit was only 3:27 or something.

that basically 4 hours of bed time though seemed a lot longer. Which is reverse of how it usually goes for me. Usually if I sleep without any music, audiobooks or subs playing, sleep seems more to be on parity with actual sleep time, and if I listen to stuff, that’s when it seems like I’m sleeping longer.

So it’s interesting seeing that reversal for me. I can’t say I’ll go without subs during sleep for long…I will give it the week I promised in the “Experimental Listening Pattern” thread.

But if I don’t notice enough of a boost from that I’ll go back. Sleep hours are valuable to getting in my loops.

3 Likes
Sub: Emperor
Day 9
Goal (Hours) 500
Completed (Hours) 86.95
Percent Done 17.39%
Projected Competion 11/19/2019
Hours listened today 6

Was in the office longer than the 6 hours, but I made sure to pause playback when going into another room and resumed it when I came back. So as to not miss out on chunks of listening time while I ate food and so on.

Spent the day just playing around with MIT App Inventor stuff. Learning to make apps to prototype out an idea I’ve got for a personal improvement project involving habit formation.

No spectacular insights today. Just in the zone/flow of getting things moved along on my projects.

I have been wondering on and off today if I made a mistake getting Emperor instead of Mogul or AscMogul since money and personal power are my biggest things. I don’t need the “Sex stuff” in Emperor…but I will admit it was nice having that girl check me out the other day.

I think perhaps today’s second guessing of my choice to buy Emperor first is probably one of those distracting mechanisms others here talk about. So of course I’ll keep it up.

6 Likes

@Palpatine

In my experience what you think is you needing money is really tied to something else, which is why the money isn’t there.

I can honestly say Emperor has helped me start to uncover why money has been a struggle for me lately.

Those “issues” usually have nothing to do with money itself , the money is just a scape goat.

Your subconscious will try to tell you need something else to avoid looking at the real source of your void.

Stay on your path, keep journaling and the answers will start to show up…if you’re willing to stay open and be uncomfortable,

10 Likes

And when I had AscendedMogul I thought it was a mistake I didnt get Emperor :wink:

5 Likes

Day 10 (Still listening to Emperor so will report total hours later)
Skipped Emperor for my sleep last night.
Day 2 (I think ) of that.

One short dream that I recall. I’m in a diner type place. I am HUNGRY for fries and a burger. I use what little I have left on my credit card to buy it. The whole time I’m eating it, I know the wife will be pissed, and in the dream I know our finances are so bad that me having that burger/fries or not could mean the difference between paying a bill or not. But in that moment, I was like “I want the food, I’m getting it. I’ll figure out the money shit later”

Working in this diner is the actor Michael Rooker. I said “Dude, you work here? How do you like working this job compared to acting in The Walking Dead?”

He never answered me other than smiling and shrugging…but kept going about his work.

2 Likes

Very intersting dream!

What could this symbolize in your life, @Palpatine? What deep meaning or purpose might this dream be a revelation of?

2 Likes

Your guess is as good as mine right now :slight_smile: No earthly idea yet.

1 Like

I know man. It’s difficult. Even confusing to be human.

Even with that, let’s pretend you knew exactly what it means. Being that imaginary person that knows what it symbolizes or the message inside it, what are some possibilities it may mean?

2 Likes
Sub: Emperor
Day 10
Goal (Hours) 500
Completed (Hours) 96.95
Percent Done 19.39%
Projected Competion 11/20/2019
Hours listened today 10

No real changes today to speak of. Had ultrasonic Emperor playing whilst working.
Felt urge to quit work early and work on other projects whilst taking care of a sick family member. So that worked out I suppose.

Last night before bed, I listened to an older hypnosis session I’d recorded for myself. It’s called “Auto-Reframing”. It’s one I recorded last year in an attempt to set up an automated 6-step reframing process that occurs nightly as falling asleep. It’s designed to run on 2 behaviors automatically from the day.

@AMASH I forgot to mention that in my above post. So this COULD have led to the dream I had.

I’ve been thinking about the dream. The money thing could be either 1) I’m in denial about my money problems, or 2) In my mind, I know money is just money and you can always make more of it, or 3) both.

That’s all I came up with there so far.

3 Likes

@Palpatine - apart from your excellent journal, am impressed by the way you quantified the data in the table above. How did you do that? And how did you measure the time you spent on subs?

2 Likes

I agree, this is a Core Competency that @Palpatine, it’s one of his special mix of talents he can use to build his empire for sure :slight_smile:

Thank you @Palpatine, your journal is a delight to follow.

4 Likes

I agree with @AMASH and @Lion. Reading your journal has been an absolute delight.
I’m hoping you can share more info on how you come up with your spreadsheet.

4 Likes