Journal: Emperor/Rebirth

Day 10 (Still listening to Emperor so will report total hours later)
Skipped Emperor for my sleep last night.
Day 2 (I think ) of that.

One short dream that I recall. I’m in a diner type place. I am HUNGRY for fries and a burger. I use what little I have left on my credit card to buy it. The whole time I’m eating it, I know the wife will be pissed, and in the dream I know our finances are so bad that me having that burger/fries or not could mean the difference between paying a bill or not. But in that moment, I was like “I want the food, I’m getting it. I’ll figure out the money shit later”

Working in this diner is the actor Michael Rooker. I said “Dude, you work here? How do you like working this job compared to acting in The Walking Dead?”

He never answered me other than smiling and shrugging…but kept going about his work.

2 Likes

Very intersting dream!

What could this symbolize in your life, @Palpatine? What deep meaning or purpose might this dream be a revelation of?

2 Likes

Your guess is as good as mine right now :slight_smile: No earthly idea yet.

1 Like

I know man. It’s difficult. Even confusing to be human.

Even with that, let’s pretend you knew exactly what it means. Being that imaginary person that knows what it symbolizes or the message inside it, what are some possibilities it may mean?

2 Likes
Sub: Emperor
Day 10
Goal (Hours) 500
Completed (Hours) 96.95
Percent Done 19.39%
Projected Competion 11/20/2019
Hours listened today 10

No real changes today to speak of. Had ultrasonic Emperor playing whilst working.
Felt urge to quit work early and work on other projects whilst taking care of a sick family member. So that worked out I suppose.

Last night before bed, I listened to an older hypnosis session I’d recorded for myself. It’s called “Auto-Reframing”. It’s one I recorded last year in an attempt to set up an automated 6-step reframing process that occurs nightly as falling asleep. It’s designed to run on 2 behaviors automatically from the day.

@AMASH I forgot to mention that in my above post. So this COULD have led to the dream I had.

I’ve been thinking about the dream. The money thing could be either 1) I’m in denial about my money problems, or 2) In my mind, I know money is just money and you can always make more of it, or 3) both.

That’s all I came up with there so far.

3 Likes

@Palpatine - apart from your excellent journal, am impressed by the way you quantified the data in the table above. How did you do that? And how did you measure the time you spent on subs?

2 Likes

I agree, this is a Core Competency that @Palpatine, it’s one of his special mix of talents he can use to build his empire for sure :slight_smile:

Thank you @Palpatine, your journal is a delight to follow.

4 Likes

I agree with @AMASH and @Lion. Reading your journal has been an absolute delight.
I’m hoping you can share more info on how you come up with your spreadsheet.

4 Likes

I made a Google Sheets spreadsheet. Column A is for the day I’m on, Column B is the number of hours that day,
Column C and higher just does a simple SUM of Column B, but also counts how many days I’ve filled in, gets an average per-day figure from that…and it has my goal of 500 hours in there, so it figures what my percentage of completion is…and then divides the number of days into that percentage to arrive at the projected completion date.

It’s a lot easier than I make it sound. It’s cool seeing the estimated completion date go up and down each night based on if I got in a lot of hours of listening or not.

As for how I measure time listened, I have an iTunes playlist with 15 loops of Emperor V3 Ultrasonic…each is 45 mins long.
That’s a total of 11 hours and 15 mins (11.25).
I start it when I get in my home office in the morning for my job…if I leave the room to pee, get a drink, and so on, I pause playback and restart it when I get back in the office.

When I’m for the day, I look at how many full loops I made it through and then look at how many minutes got played in the current loop.
so if i did 10 full loops, that’s 7.5 hours (45 mins times 10 loops is 450 minutes)…then I add how many minutes from the partial loop…so if I did full and 15 ins from the other loop, that’s 465 minutes or 7.75 hours.

I go for accuracy AND precision when I can with stuff like this, since it’s important to me to make sure I get my full 500 hours.

4 Likes

@d1gz Let me know if my response to Raphael answers that for or not. forgot to tag your name in it.

2 Likes

Awesome explanation @Palpatine. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Palpatine - awesome :+1:

2 Likes
Day 11
Goal (Hours) 500
Completed (Hours) 110.35
Percent Done 22.07%
Projected Competion 11/19/2019
Hours listened today 13.4

Worked my “real” job today for all but last 45 mins of my 10 hour shift.
Spent the time since then going through some of the tutorials in the book “Building Android Apps in Easy Steps”…just learning the basics of how MIT App Inventor can be used to prototype an app idea I’ve got.

I’ll eventually dive in and learn more on Java and/or Kotlin so I can get better results with my app.

I had a sense of focus I haven’t had in a long time. I loved it. Still in the thick of it, and will probably squeeze in a few more loops of Emperor before bed since I’m skilling subs during sleep this week.

Last night I had a dream I was in the Navy again, headed back to base to report to whatever submarine (former sub radioman). The sub was scheduled to get underway and I was running late…but in my head, I was like “Eh, I’ll make it”.

I was running late because I was looking for something. I think it was a security badge I needed to get on submarine base. The closer I got to being super late and possibly missing movement (where the boat leaves and you’re not there…really punishable offense), the more worried and frantic I got since I could find my badge (or whatever I couldn’t find).

The symbolism that occurs to me is I’m running out of time to build my Empire. Before, I kept wasting time and I’m at the point where I need to get my poop in a group and make some shit happen.

3 Likes

I squeezed in 4.5 more hours of Emperor for Day 11 whilst making more headway in learning some basic android app dev stuff.

Day 11
Goal (Hours) 500
Completed (Hours) 114.85
Percent Done 22.97%
Projected Competion 11/17/2019
Hours listened today 17.9

What a productive night this was! WOO.

Just playing with basics as far as how to set up simple things in the apps. Made a simple stopwatch app…another that just displays the time and date. Basic shit…but fun as hell.

4 Likes

Now, do you listen to the subs at night or do you test out the new listening pattern?

2 Likes

For THIS week, I’m trying out the new listening pattern. It’s been tough. My brain is all “GET SOME IN AT NIGHT TOO AND GET THROUGH THIS FASTER!” but I’ve been listening to Lloyd Glauberman when I first go to bed. Or I’ll listen to one of the hypnosis tracks I recorded for myself.

2 Likes

Great! Please let us know your results with the experimental pattern :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far my dreams seem to be a bit more “lengthy”
I don’t know if yesterday’s productivity was from skipping nighttime listening, or the fact i stayed up later (since off today) and got in another 4.5 hours of Emperor whilst working on my Android app dev learning endeavours.

Either way, yesternight was great for being in flow for that. Tonight won’t be much different I suspect. Depends if the mood to tinker is as strong tonight.

1 Like

This is really interesting.

@Palpatine, since you’re the tracking expert, could you please track your productivity this week when you’re not listening at night, and compare it to how you remember things were before?

Let’s see if the pattern holds, or is just normal variance in the system :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That part will be easy. Usually I’m too tired after my job to do much of my own stuff.
So far this week, between Emperor and the new listening pattern, I’m doing stuff.

Tracking done :smiley: I do see what you mean though. Rule out yesterday as a flake.
Will do. I will pay attention to energy level and motivation to work on my own endavours above all else as that’s most apparent to me and that’s what leads to taking action in my case.

4 Likes