Is it harmful to listen to too much subliminals?

Hello, I don’t know if this is the right category, but i want to ask something. Does listening to too much subliminals without a break cause the nervous system to be overloaded? Some people talk about such things, is that right?

1 Like

Yeah thats why breaks are advised 5 days listening two days break. We like to use the age old gym analogy. You take days off to allow the muscles to recuperate likewise subliminal listening is the same. You need to give time for the brain to process the messages.

3 Likes

It won’t kill you. Your body and mind will let you know. You will be tired, sluggish, you will want to drop everything and sleep. And then sleep some more.

4 Likes

You got it right. Hello!

Pretty much as blackadder said. I think you are asking if there’s a such thing as too many titles to listen to at one time, which the answer is a dubious yes.

“Too much” in the sense of subliminal overload.

Too much in the sense that with subliminal overload can come stonewalling.

Also, too much in the sense that when you have an overabundance of suggestions for your subconscious to work on, you will likely experience more of a trickle of results for awhile, and your beginning stages of listening might not show much you notice in benefits.

Hope this mess of a reply helped.

3 Likes

I agree. One of my primary concerns with listening too much is stonewalling.

2 Likes

This. Or you’ll start stonewalling, where you mentally block the subliminal input.

4 Likes

Its interesting to hear other peoples perspectives on this thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This is wrong, the subconscious is exactly like a muscle in regard to processing scripts vs executing and internalizing scripts… aka muscle overload vs muscle rest. Without rests subs won’t do much
If you’re not getting sore to any degree after working out then you’re not challenging the muscles at all, there’s never going to be a point in which you just don’t get sore no more if you’re pushing your muscle past it’s limit which is supposed to be the goal with long term muscle development

If the subconscious mind wasn’t astoundingly similar to muscles in regard to subliminal input/rest and muscle tearing/rest then nobody would become fatigued after doing too many loops

I think that the issue is not the limits of the subconscious. I agree with @SubMasterBob. The subconscious (and unconscious) are very likely processing the entire Cosmos.

The issue is that only a small subset of that Cosmos will be expressed concretely in one’s conscious experience and life conditions.

That’s probably where the important limit is introduced. Not, strictly speaking, in the processing capacity of the subconscious; but rather in the integrative capacity of the Conscious-Subconscious system.

A bit like the difference between genotype and phenotype.

The DNA in your genes contains the codes to make thousands and thousands of possible physical attributes. This is your genotype.

But your individual human body is limited to actually expressing a much smaller subset of those attributes. This is your phenotype.

There’s some room to play with phenotype of course. Going to the gym and exercising. Drinking water. Every other condition to which we subject our bodies, can influence the specific parts of our underlying potential that we express. But the point is that compared to the underlying genetic potential of the genotype, the phenotype is extremely limited. (And that’s healthy).

I think this can work as a metaphor of the relationship between subconscious processing contents and the expression of conditions in one’s awareness and in one’s specific life situation. We can work to expand what is expressed in our conscious life condition, but it’s always going to be much less than all of the potential that is held in our subconscious processes.

So, it’s not completely the same as either a) developing the strength and endurance of a muscle or b) adapting to the stimuli of a new exercise context.

Those are both useful metaphors, but neither captures the entirety of the subconscious-conscious relationship.

4 Likes

Listening too much can irritate some people’s ears. That’s the case with me. one or two loops max for me.

it is definitely tied to the physical because action is required to manifest those things into your real world, real work, real interactions, real energy

Your head hurting and fatigue isn’t some social construct that’s there because you’re too unenlightened to just “avoid it” it’s a physical sign that you’re inputting something and too much will mAke you tired

Your opinions are valid and thank you for having the courage to say them however, subs and no breaks are not advised by anyone who’s been on it for a while, nor the owners

1 Like

In other words, expectations and conscious intentions shape and influence the expression of the programs (and of the mind itself).

This idea is not out of reach.

(you have a point though. Sometimes there’s a tendency here on the forum to impose a kind of mechanistic framework of expectations on the subliminals and on the protean subconscious mind. We try to organize the ocean into a bento box. But hey, we’re all learning, right? And I think a lot of people loosen up as we start to get familiar with how the change/growth process really unfolds. The paradox, of course, is that, for the exact same reasons that you’ve described, sometimes holding a mechanistic framework helps some people to direct the subliminal in a way that works better for them. It’s like how thoughtforms work in magick. They limit you, but they also help you. For example, the belief that ‘there’s no such thing as magick’ helps some people to do really good magick.)

Anyway, even though expectations and intentions influence the expression of the programs (and the expression of the subconscious itself); they do not absolutely determine the expression of the programs. There are other factors that seem to exert influence as well.

The fact that the subconscious is profoundly resourceful and infinitely adaptable does not mean that I today right now have profound or infinite ability to direct or control the subconscious mind. There will usually be a little learning curve, no?

Even Neo (in the Matrix) took a couple of weeks to transcend all self-imposed human mental limitations.

neo%20the%20one%201

3 Likes

Huh? I think this is a pretty simple concept.
At least for understanding.

Might be difficult for some to implement it, but I like that take a lot.

Will definitely use that mindset in the future!

I mean, many on here are fully aware that reality is an extension of your mind. Otherwise, you wouldn’t listen to subs that virtually manifest 10s into your life, right?
With that in mind (ha), it would make total sense that you not only can direct the life-path of your subconscious mind, but also how receptive it is.

For me, the rest days work well. Maybe it is because I tell my SubC to think that way, but then again, this is what’s recommended by @SaintSovereign and @Fire and is virtually in the guidance PDF, which is why I sucked it up readily. And many others as well I guess.

This is more relevant than many admit on here.

It doesn’t really matter if the SubC is “processing” or “stirring.” Either way, it is doing a lot of mental exercise which means you need energy for that. If you don’t give it that energy, you will be fatigued. It’s like doing labour all day and not eating much energetic food. You will be very fatigued.

This is why GOOD food is very important, as well as exposure to the sun, bodily movement, and enough sleep. It’s just to have the energy to process/stirr/whatever.

Why is that? Your posts are interesting!

3 Likes

Yes. It’s good to say that when stating the opposite of official instructions. :smile:

Forgiving the back-handed insult, I don’t think you are considering the variety in density of subs.

A sub that’s built with 20 suggestions per minute, and another with 2000 SPM, will arouse completely different levels of stress on the bodymind. Playing an SC sub 24 hours a day was fine 2 years ago, not anymore.

The same goes for how much one feels aligned with the script. Voices of people one mostly agrees with, elicit a pleasant feeling, while listening to those that we are unwilling to accept is very stressful. This is why we can play a sub for a lot more loops after a few weeks, while sometimes - in the beginning - even one loop can feel super-taxing.

:+1:t2:

10 Likes

depends how you’d define ‘harmful’

could overexposure cause you hurt yourself in a permanent way-I’d highly doubt it

could it cause you to have temporary experiences that are mind-boggling unpleasant, and stay in extremely sub-optimal states to the point where you take poor actions or lack of actions with real and possible lasting consequences…probably

could some people be fine and experience only minor ‘adverse’ effects while others experience strong ‘adverse’ effects from over exposure…probably

Is it best to follow the official instructions regardless because it’s been proven to give the best and safest results–I’d say definitely.

3 Likes

Regarding the “muscles need rest” vs “subconscious is always working” analogy…

Muscles are also always working, you think your muscles aren’t contracting when they’re resting from gym? Lol. But you may feel soreness this time around as you contract. I.e. the subconscious overload.

If subconscious overload wasn’t a thing, why do fewer loops result in less reconciliation?

3 Likes

I think he is not saying subconscious overload is not a thing. He is saying that this ‘subconscious overload’ happens, but it is not a static, permanent limitation. Rather, it is a temporary step along the way to transcending your limits.

Do I agree that this is true?

no idea.

But that’s what I think he’s saying.

p.s.

Am I going to play more than 2 at most 3 loops of my next stack of programs each day?

That would be a ‘No’.

( :rofl: in other words, for me this is purely a theoretical conversation.)

Well… duh?

I like the ‘duh’ with question mark. It’s pleasantly confusing.

But, the point is that limitation itself can be dropped off. Not just your previous degree of limitation.

still ‘duh?’ ?

I thought I alluded to that indirectly by making direct statements towards what was true.