Healing on the Fast Lane

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 44

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (2x), Blueprint (1x), Alchemist Stage 4 (3x)
  • Blood Pressure: 107/71 at a 69HR
  • Water: 3.2L/112oz

It’s shaping up to be another uneventful day. Barely a gust of wind, still high temperatures and it is quiet everywhere. I’m considering taking a long walk in the afternoon to feel peaceful and forget that this is a fasting day.

Also, I am particularly interested in finding out if my HRV and resting HR drop this coming night after a day of not eating. Last night’s HRV average was 14ms, which is not exactly a good thing. All it took was 1 beer.

I had a few bursts of productivity, but nothing special. I rarely do well in hot biomes. On the plus side, I’m drinking a lot more water. Must be my body telling me to imbibe something with substance, only to become annoyed at yet another glass of water.

Still doing my pullups whenever I walk in and out of my home office. If I’m not metabolically flexible enough that my body can easily switch to ketosis, I’ll probably notice a drop in power and enthusiasm tomorrow.

I also ordered a 30K/66lbs weighted vest in order to get the most out of low-rep bodyweight exercises. That way, if I do add things like pushups and dips, it’ll take a while before it becomes easy. By now I’ve come to realize low-reps is usually better when going for muscle density and strength.

I took a few hours nap after work. Didn’t feel like doing much. I’m now finishing up my day and should finally be able to go to bed before midnight again. Tomorrow I can eat. :slight_smile:

If we’re talking about extended fasts I don’t think I have. Once I get used to eating again it’s hard to let it go. I blame the leptin wanting to fatten me up again.

The human body should have an emergency store of all the essentials (proteins, lipids/fats but especially micro-nutrients) to survive on for about 30 days. That’s why on a water-fast without supplementation 30 days is the healthy limit, with 60 being the hard limit. Provided there is body fat to burn of course. The world record of 300+ days was done with daily supplementation if I’m not mistaken.

So the important factor is that the body has replenished those stores. Which should be prioritized as soon as the fast breaks.

Without more extensive testing I can’t be certain of course, so I go on how I feel and how my body is behaving. The initial energy rushes and crashes from refeeding are gone. Regular bathroom visits are back. No physical symptoms of anything. Muscle strength is increasing with exercise.

I’ve also made sure that even on days where I did eat some bad stuff I always ate a good meal containing the essential fats and proteins (even if that caused excess calories). And I’ve been taking electrolytes, vitamin and mineral supplements and probiotic supplements (in smaller amounts compared to their daily recommended levels since too much of a good thing is still too much).

Generally refeeding should be done in about half the time of the fast. If done well enough, the assumption is that the body is then fully replenished and capable of handling another fast.

So, keeping all the above in mind, I feel confident that I can go into another fast already, but will finish up this month anyway, experimenting with different forms of IF. Besides, I have 20 eggs and 5 eating days left before they hit their expiration date. Looking forward to my 4 eggs tomorrow already.

Another thing that happens upon breaking the fast is replenishing the white blood cells. Without fasting, they live forever (in theory) but do get less efficient with age. As a result, during a fast the body “retires” those old cells mafia-style, leading to a drop in white blood cells. Strangely enough this does not seem to coincide with a decrease in immune system efficiency.

As long as there are enough white blood cells left for normal operation, no new cells are created. The body prefers not to have to create new cells while fasting. At least not until you start leaking.

But as soon as the first food enters the body, all these regeneration processes are triggered and using stem cells to regenerate white blood cells is at the top of that list. And so we end up with clean, efficient, young white blood cells.

For some science-babble there’s this (the non-sciency version is here). They were primarily focused on how prolonged fasting (2-5 days) could help the body resist the damage caused by chemo-therapy while enhancing its cancer-killing effect. But the above tidbit is somewhere in there.

It’s interesting how most medical professionals which support fasting promote a prolonged fast of 72 hours, intermittent fasting with a short eating window, but not extended fasting. I can think of 2 reasons.

First, an extended fast is stressful on the body and not something you’d recommend to somebody over the Internet without knowing them.

Second, provided you’re not so carb-loaded that you’re practically Type 2, all fasting benefits are active after three days. So monthly 72 hour fasts combined with (keto) OMAD may very well be the best way to go long term, as it will gradually and incrementally heal and detoxify the body.

2 Likes

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 45

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (2x), Blueprint (1x), Alchemist Stage 4 (3x)
  • Blood Pressure: 103/68 at a 68HR
  • Water: 2.4L/84oz

Today is an eating day, yay!

Yes, that was pretty much the first thing on my mind today.

I slept for almost 10 hours, the heat is really getting to me. I am so happy that I can still work from home so I can wear cool clothes. But getting out of bed remains a challenge. It may be time to start cooling my bedroom.

The ring is pretty happy with me. I have to wonder if it is the fasting or the not-eating-right-before-bed that did the trick, but my resting HR dropped quite a bit. My HRV is still low though. At least it’s higher than it was yesterday. Blood pressure’s looking good.

Since it’s been at least 36 hours since my last meal I figured I should see if a ketone urine stick would show anything. No such luck. Could have many reasons, but it would have been nice.

I’m getting more and more used to the pullup/chinup every time I’m walking through the door opening. Last week I was still making excuses why I could skip one, now I’m doing the opposite. And with having fasted for a bit, the complaints by my shoulders are gone as well. So I added in some pushups.

I’ve been clearing out my freezer with the intent of eventually taking out meat altogether and replacing those proteins with eggs. It would also make some room for extra vegetables.

There was a time when everybody thought eggs would raise cholesterol. Now I’m eating 4 eggs in a day and know that it’s a good thing.

I’m also starting to look forward to more fasting next month, although I’m still conflicted about that company lunch. It’s hard to turn down free food. :slight_smile:

But knowing that I’m working on growing my muscles now and will be losing fat again next month, getting another step closer to where I want to be, that feels good. And no worries, I’m aware frequent extended fasting is not a long-term lifestyle thing.

Ugh, I chipped a tiny piece of a tooth while eating. One of the signs of aging, those things never improve, only erode. And the healthiest foods tend to do most damage. I really wish I knew a way of repairing and restoring teeth and gums.

1 Like

I’m getting the sense that apparently it involves buying them.

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 46

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (2x), Blueprint (2x), Alchemist Stage 4 (4x)
  • Blood Pressure: 103/73 at a 71HR

Eating day, RHR goes up again. This should in theory get better once I make my eating window smaller.

Also once again a really low HRV. I took 3 separate measurements with my watch just now and got 117, 105 and 86ms. I may have to ask Oura why their reading is so different. Maybe it’s only measuring during sleep?

Chest and shoulders are a bit painful from all the pushes and pulls yesterday. I’ll have to remember to stop doing those on time so they can recover and grow before the next fast. I’m guessing by the 26th I should stop.

Today is a fasting day. I don’t feel any different. I can still exercise normally. I’m also not longing for food as much as I did two days ago.

I’m still not feeling very productive though. Can’t say if it’s the temperature, lack of motivation due to lack of nutritious reward or the fasting.

I figured with it being so hot, I could get away with taking a cold shower. My shower didn’t agree.

At least everything else feels nice and warm after that…

Okay, I did everything on my list. No more, no less. Time for bed.

Teeth? Well, there’s all kinds of artificial ways. I’m hoping for a natural way. Same for baldness, but that I can live with, even if it does make me look older. Teeth and gums on the other hand… kind of essential. And they degrade at about the same pace as the world population’s average IQ.

You may already know this but high quality K2 or D3/K2 absolutely helps your teeth. I remember reading that on Amazon reviews only to experience it from the lips of my dentist and assistant. They said if more people had teeth like me they would lose work… I never heard this till after supplementing.

1 Like

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 47

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (2x), Blueprint (2x), Alchemist Stage 4 (3x)
  • Blood Pressure: 108/67 at a 74HR

A bit of a messy day today. I had to start early to finish some time-sensitive stuff at work and then go to the dentist. Which of course made me come home with a headache and feeling very unproductive.

And completely off-topic, I’ve always wondered when a female dentist moves around her patient, does her body respond to the constant rubbing of the patient’s head against her bosom? Sometimes I wonder if they do it on purpose. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m not expecting much right now. The painful irony is that I can eat now but it hurts to chew…

The ring is happy with me. My RHR went down to low 60’s (finally) even if my HRV isn’t quite there yet.

I’ll consider an hour of walking outside to be my exercise for the day. My upper body will be happy, I’m still feeling my triceps and pecs from those 30 pushups I did 2 days ago.

And somehow I did manage to get all my stuff done, even if I’m late to bed again.

Another completely random question, but do people really notice the difference between Qv1 and Qv2 so much?

Really? I haven’t been able to find any conclusive findings on that. I’ll have to look into it more.

1 Like

Definitely worth a shot. It is not the most touted benefit- the power is in how it puts calcium where it is needed in the body. I use TheraPro Rx Vegan D3+K2.

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 48

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (1x), Blueprint (1x), Alchemist Stage 4 (2x)
  • Blood Pressure: 99/65 at a 71HR

Yay, my blood pressure is nice and low!

Heart rate and HRV went bad again. There’s a definite correlation with eating days it would seem. I’m curious about tomorrow.

Today’s been a very active day. There was work going on during a double systems migration that I’m running, getting swamped with developers and their questions.

After that I figured it was time to do some woodworking. I’m primitive at it, but getting better. I try and find corners in the house where normal cabinets won’t fit and build a custom cabinet for them. Right now I’m building one for the toilet area. Lots of sawing, lots of sweating. Glad the wood is water-resistant. It’s 29C/84F in the house right now and I’m not happy. Then again, I’m also not as affected as I normally would be.

Anyways, after that it was cleaning time. Still need to do the kitchen. But it’s early evening now and I really want to sit down for a little bit. And drink half a gallon of lukewarm water…

Considering I’m doing all this on a fasting day, I’m doing quite well. I don’t feel tired at all. Haven’t done any exercising either, maybe I’ll do some later once I can fully and finally stay seated.

Wow, I just finally crashed. Oh well, it will make falling asleep all the nicer.

3 Likes

That’s QV2?

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 49

• Subliminals: None (Rest Day)
  • Blood Pressure: 117/84 at a 66HR
  • Water: 1.6L/56oz
  • Ketones: 1.7 mmol/l
  • Glucose: 4.1 mmol/l
  • Weight: -1.5KG/-3.3lbs weight, -0.8KG/-1.9lbs fat, -0.2KG/+0.5lbs lean, -19 calories BMR
  • Body Measurements: Hips -1cm/-0.4", Waist +1cm/+0.4", Chest -1cm/-0.4"

Something about my body switching between fasting and not-fasting causes me to sleep so deep it’s ridiculous.

As I had hoped, I gots my ketones back. And I’ll let you in on a little “secret”. On the 4 days that I could eat since last Saturday, I’ve had pasta, pizza, a ludicrous amount of vegetables, chicken, cheese, noodles, beef, potatoes, eggs, nuts, ice tea and Pepsi. And I’m ashamed to admit I even chowed down on licorice and winegum. So, lots and lots and lots of carbs. But those three fasting days managed to keep my glucose levels low enough that ketones were needed still.

The big surprise then is that according to two scales (I have a Mi Scale for fun) I actually lost body fat but definitely lost weight. They also tell me I lost some lean body mass but a visual inspection tells me I did pretty well. Imagine if I’d eaten better this past week…

I also felt the rush from fasting with the energy from eating this week, so for me the best way to go long term may very well be ADF & 16:8 to OMAD.

One more week of ADF coming up, then… we’ll figure that out next Saturday. :slight_smile:

Other than that, today was a very very lazy day…

I switched to Qv2 as soon as it became available.

3 Likes

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 50

• Blood Pressure: 101/62 at a 74HR

Another lazy day, I didn’t feel 100%. I got all my stuff done though.

I do want to share something which made me smile.

image image

image image

This is where you can see how messed up my daily schedule gets on eating days, compared with a desire to go to bed early on fasting days. Not to mention what it does for my heart. Almost makes me happy tomorrow is a fasting day.

One more week of ADF to go, followed by a few days on juice and leftovers. After that, it’s back to extended fasting I think. And it will be the end of the healing stack and the beginning of the wealth stack.

1 Like

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 51

• Subliminals: Paragon Complete (2x), Dragon Stage 4 (2x), Blueprint (2x), Alchemist Stage 4 (4x)
  • Blood Pressure: 113/75 at a 66HR

I was hanging upside down for 5 minutes as I try to do every day, when I felt a little tap on my third eye area, like a very fat fly just landed there. I felt with my hand, nothing. So I went back to my calm breath. And again, tap! Still nothing. So odd.

Even though it is a fasting day, I did take my electrolytes and vitamins. My digestion should still be active enough to process it.

I also exercised again. Well, I did a chinup or pullup every time I crossed my door, which means I did 30-50 probably. And 30 pushups in 6 different positions to target chest and back. It’s definitely doing something.

Between work, catching up on the stuff I neglected during the past few lazy days (and watching documentaries about walking barefoot and the kundalini) I once again have nothing to report.

Apart from having a strong craving for food.

Sorry, wish it was more exciting.

3 Likes

Can we put that on the list of requested modules?

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 52

• Blood Pressure: 109/69 at a 61HR

I think I can tentatively state that my heart rate and blood pressure are averaging at the levels where I want them.

And because it was a fasting day I went to bed on time, not having eaten in the hours leading up to sleep, and got good scores.

Not much has been happening the past few days. I could theorize that my mind somehow knows I’m nearing the end of this journey, but my guess is it’s got more to do with the fact that I’ve been working 10 hours a day and don’t have any significant amount of time left after that.

On the other hand, my shoulders and elbows are complaining from all those pushups and pullups. Not to mention side and front/lateral arm raises with resistance bands while squatting on the vibration plate. The unusual thing is that I’m actually motivated to exercise.

I find it hard to believe that I’m nearing the end of an 8 month long Dragon journey already. I guess it’s time to start thinking about the things about me which may have changed. I’ll probably go into that next week during the last few days.

I also have to consider what my next journey will feature. It’s going to be a wealth stack. But which subs?

I did ask the guys, I believe Fire said I should use the Head module? Not sure, I’ll have to look it up.

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 54

• Blood Pressure: 104/73 at a 62HR

I get a sense that I’m mentally exhausted. I feel fine, energized at times. But I’m lacking spontaneous bursts of creativity and I’ve been sleeping past my wake-up time this entire week. Today I woke up groggy with a slight headache and I seem to have some trouble typing passwords. I don’t quite know what’s causing it, but it’s not particularly amusing.

On the plus side, my body seems to have accepted I’m not giving it a lot of time to recover from the exercise, as my resting heart rate continues to go lower and my shoulders stopped hurting.

As expected, sleep after a fasting day got a decent score even though I did go to bed late.

I keep wanting to use the Muse for sleep monitoring again, but I find it annoying that I have to meditate myself to sleep right away while lying still. Otherwise it’ll lose the ear signals. I’ll probably use it this weekend or at the start of next week, on the few days leading up to the next fast.

And yes, I’m quite certain I want to do another fast. I want to see if the next one is different from the last one. And I want to enjoy that I can do it while I still work from home. Around here, my good buddy COVID is on its last legs so they’ll probably make us come into the office again in the next few months. So I’ll take the opportunity to fast unnoticed while I still can.

Besides, I almost always make at least 1 health-related change after an extended fast. This time, I think it was the introduction to intermittent fasting, which forced me to start making better meals and drop the snacks and comfort foods. It did upset my habits a lot, but it’s for the best.

I got to thinking about those pullups I do. They’re getting relatively easy now. So I added leg raises while at the top. But today I figured I should try making them harder instead. So I did them with one hand and two fingers from the other, putting most weight on the first hand. Slowly moving towards one-armed pullups.

Of course I will have to stop when the next fast begins next week. But I have to trust that protein conservation will kick in and preserve the gains I’ve made so far. I may be imagining things, but my chest and shoulders definitely look good in a t-shirt. Even if I have to pull in my stomach just a bit.

About my next stack, the wealth stack. I’m currently considering EoG, Medici & AM, preceded by RICH. I could alternate days between RICH and RICH Crypto, but I think I like the broader scope of RICH. You never know where the wealth can come from, even if playing the markets is probably something my mind is ideally suited for.

Then at night I may run a single loop of either Dragon/Blueprint or Alchemist, possibly with Paragon before it. This is maintenance. See how it feels.

The idea I’m considering to create a custom for every sub I’ve run and run one of them every night. So after the wealth stack I’ll have a wealth custom and I’ll run that one night while doing the dating stack during the day as my main focus.

I’ll have to feel it out, see how it feels.

So anyway, RICH, EoG, Medici & AM. What do you guys think? I would love adding PCC & Inner Circle, but those would make the stack too large.

RICH & AM would be fast-acting and allow me to find opportunities within my current employment (assuming those exist), while Medici is a bit slower but allows for doing more with money and people. And EoG will allow for an eventual transition to who knows what.

Forgot to post this.

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 56

• Blood Pressure: 99/58 at a 87HR
  • Ketones: 0.3 mmol/l
  • Glucose: 4.8 mmol/l
  • Weight: +0.7KG/+1.5lbs weight, +0.8KG/+1.9lbs fat, -0.2KG/-0.4lbs lean, +8 calories BMR
  • Body Measurements: Hips +1cm/+0.4", Waist -1cm/-0.4", Chest +1cm/+0.4"

Well, my RHR and HRV are finally making decent strides.

Of course it is in the nick of time, with only 4 days left to go until the next fast.

Measurements weren’t perfect, but I ate about 1500 calories of party snacks during a party last Thursday, so I’m not entirely surprised.

Still, overall I was able to remain relatively stable. This is from the spreadsheet I track my body composition in, taken from when the fast began:

Top one is my weight, middle one lean body mass and the bottom one body fat mass. It looks like the fat I lost during the fast remained gone during this past month.

It also kind of shows that even if using an impedance scale isn’t the most accurate method, it is accurate enough.

One thing I am curious about is if the switch to full fasting ketosis is going to be easier now that I’ve been producing at least some ketones every other day.

Don’t mind the heart rate with the blood pressure measurement. I had kind of forgotten to do it in the morning, so I measured it right after I came back from a brisk walk. I was able to bring my blood pressure down a bit using meditation, but my heart beat did not feel like following.

I had another burst of productivity today. I wish I had control over them. Imagine being able to turn on massive productivity for a while, then turn it off to recharge and turn it back on. I can only hope as they happen more often I will get there.

This post was several days in the making as I had to do some serious reflection.

Alternate Day Fasting Journal: Day 60

And so we’ve arrived on the end of this journey. The end of an 8-month Dragon & Alchemist journey. The end of an extended fast & refeed. And for many across the world, the tail end of the COVID pandemic (I’ll miss you, good buddy).

So the question becomes: what did this journey do for me?

Looking back at my personal journals I really don’t see much. Except maybe a constant craving to be more like you guys and experience great moving epiphanies and changes.

But there’s a few things.

In the health department I have made changes in the foods that I put in my body. Slowly but steadily I’m moving towards more veggies and less meat. More fats and proteins and less carbs.

I did not move as much, but I did the fasting and bought water and air filtration apparatus to improve my environment, I meditate more often, breathe more deliberately, mind my posture more and some other changes which have taken shape over these past months.

On the spiritual side I kind of figured out how the universe works. Mind you, knowing how it works is one thing, applying that knowledge is another. But it shows me direction, a big “X marks the spot” at the center of the Universe. I know now how to focus my practice. Hopefully I will figure out how to use what I know eventually.

This knowledge has given me a sense of peace. It made me realize that if I exist it means I have a purpose, I am important. Not just that, but I’m not some tiny dot in an infinite universe, I may very well be right in the center of it all.

Whether this is true or not doesn’t really matter, like religion it makes me mentally stronger but only slightly possibly delusional. :slight_smile:

Now the big one is Dragon of course. Emotional healing.

For a years now I’ve been searching for past trauma. I am not yet all that I can be, have certain challenges to overcome and have been holding on to the belief that since I have forgotten or suppressed my entire youth, there must be past trauma there which has been holding me back.

So I tried all kinds of things, from hypnosis to psychedelics, to remember, confront and deal with it.

Not so long ago I came to a realization. I realized that I haven’t been following my own advice to people. I have been so consumed with being like other people and wanting to experience the mental and emotional upheaval that other people have, that I may very well have been searching for something that doesn’t actually exist.

What if I don’t actually have any trauma left to deal with? Doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t there, only that it’s not holding me back.

While I lived life on the street I learned to live in the present, to accept things as they are. The good, the bad and the ugly. This attitude of acceptance turned many of even my most nasty experiences into something like watching a movie. The emotional impact, the attachment to it, isn’t there anymore. It’s only a memory which I’m passively observing.

After I found my way off the streets I learned to take full responsibility for everything in my life, to accept that where I am right now is the direct result of all the choices I have made from the moment I was capable of making choices. The girls I didn’t date, the parties I didn’t go to, the degrees I didn’t get, the wealth I don’t have. I could have had all of that simply by making different choices. I understand and I accept.

As a result I can’t very well blame others. I can’t blame my parents for being bad parents. I can’t blame the women in my life for not choosing me, I can’t blame the world for not showing me the opportunities that would have made me bigger than Elon Musk. I certainly have the potential to have it all, I simply chose differently.

To make things worse, I realized that if I blame things on other people all that happens is that I have a constant attachment to them. I’m wasting energy and focus on blaming them. Instead of putting it towards more productive goals.

So I learned to forgive. I forgave all the people that I used to feel wronged me in some way. My mother for being such a bad parent I ended up nearly blind and in the hospital and finally a high school dropout runaway on the streets, all the girls and women I longed for who chose the popular guys instead, the employers who gave job opportunities to people that my intellect could run circles around, and so on.

I forgave them in my mind, genuinely wished them well, and let go of the attachments. I also felt that if I had wronged others in some way, I too would be forgiven, so I stopped trying to be what others wanted me to be and I started coming into myself.

So, I no longer have any negative emotion to my past (or positive ones) even if I don’t remember everything. And I have released attachments to people and places which are not serving any purpose to anyone.

Maybe, I don’t need more emotional healing. Maybe that foundation is solid and my error has been that I haven’t been moving beyond the foundation. That I’ve been holding myself back consciously.

For years I have been teaching people to do what I did, to release, accept, live in the now and move forward. And part of me had forgotten to apply that last one to myself.

Until one or two months ago I suddenly got the realization that I was trying so hard to fix a past that might not need fixing that I was preventing myself from moving forward.

So, I am choosing to now also accept the entirety of my life as-is. I will stop looking for trauma which may not exist at all. And I will focus on moving beyond the foundation, on building up towards the stars.

Are any of these things caused by subliminals? I have no idea. But I see no harm in believing they gave me direction, like a map or a GPS they showed me the way to accomplish these things.

And that, as they say, is all he wrote.

After today’s subs finish, I’ll be taking the rest of the week off. Tomorrow begins a new fast, Saturday the first set of measurements, the baseline for it. And Monday I start a wealth stack and a new journal. At which point I’ll close this one with a link to the next one for those that are still with me.

And if you came all this way with me, know that I am grateful. Thank you for investing your time in reading this journal. May it have given you some insights.

And of course my thanks to SubClub for creating the Dragon. It didn’t take me on an emotional roller coaster, but it has been a loyal companion for the better part of a year, while whispering in my ears just how amazing I am.

If you were here for the fasting experience, maybe you’ll want to stick around for the next one, which I fully expect will be a different experience. It will cover 6 months and may very well include 3 month long extended fasts depending on how they go and where I am mentally and physically.

2 Likes

You are welcome. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

Okay then, new journal has been started and I’ve been fasting since Thursday afternoon.

As far as the body composition difference goes:

• During May I lost 13.8KG/30.4lbs of weight. In June I gained 5.3KG/11.7lbs back. That’s a net loss off 8.5KG/18.7lbs.
  • During May I lost 9.9KG/21.7lbs body fat. In June I gained 1.7KG/3.8lbs back. That’s a net loss of 8.1KG/17.9lbs. Keep in mind if I had to grade my eating in the last two weeks on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it a 5. Maybe even lower. The ADF probably saved my skinny behind.
  • During May I lost 1.4KG/3.1lbs lean body mass. In June I gained 1.7KG/3.8lbs back. That’s a net gain of 0.3KG/0.7lbs. It definitely went into my shoulders with all those pullups.
  • As far as my body measurements go, not much changed. I lost about 3cm/1.2" around the waist. My guess is most of the work went on inside my body instead of the superficial layers. Maybe the next fast will have a more significant change here.

So there you have it. A not so pleasant fast followed by a much more pleasant refeeding and some new healthy habits.

To be continued in…

1 Like