Gettin' RICH in the Fast Lane

Fasting Journal: Day 4

• Subliminals: RICH, EoG St 1, AM, HoM, RICH, EoG St 1, AM, HoM
  • Blood Pressure: 114/73 at a 63HR

After concluding my 8 month healing journey, I will now start a 6 month wealth journey.

I started the previous journal with a month long extended fast and even though it was quite uncomfortable, it did give me great results. I improved my eating habits, did more strength training, got to know my body a bit better and lost a bit of weight.

Now I believe in efficiency, so since fasting is the most efficient way to lose body fat and save money, considering I still carry around more body fat than I need, I will take advantage of working from home to go into another month-long fast, followed by a month long of eating. If that works out, rinse and repeat. By then I’ll be getting quite close to my body’s foundation. The perfect place to build up from.

I’ll document a bit less than before, though I may do the weekly ketone & glucose tests still.

Those who read my previous journal may remember it took me almost 2 weeks to reach full fasting ketosis. Not this time. With the previous fast followed by intermittent fasting (IF) and alternate day fasting (ADF), I reached significant ketosis in days.

Unfortunately I don’t know if the transition was easy since I went to a friend and stayed up overnight. After that, the next two days were just messed up. I’m out and about just fine, but I have a sporadic headache and yesterday I definitely felt a bit sickly. The insomnia has also reared its ugly head.

Having learned my lesson from last time, I will now drink a glass of water with a bit of pink salt, a magnesium supplement and a bit of electrolyte powder. No vitamin supplement since I don’t know how fat-soluble vitamins impact my body when there’s no fat in the digestion. I’m still not entirely convinced that supplementing during a fast is a good thing, but I might as well give it a try. Even with this I’m still not near the daily recommended dosage, but that’s for eating people anyway. We’ll have to see how it feels.

Today was the first day listening to the subs. 1 Ultima and 3 majors is not a light stack. Not to mention it’s 4 hours for 1 loop.

My choice for these subs is:

• RICH: I precede every stack with an Ultima. RICH is the obvious choice for a wealth stack.
  • Ecstasy of Gold: The core of the stack. It may work slowly and changes may take time. I’ve listened to it before, pre-Q. The idea is 2 months of stage 1, 1 month of stages 2 & 3 and 2 months of stage 4.
  • Ascended Mogul: Fast-acting wealth sub which I hope will help me get the most out of my current career and employment, as well as work hand in hand with RICH to help me see and act on wealth generating opportunities.
  • House of Medici: Sitting in between AM and EoG, I expect HoM to assist in the transition from short-term to long term. It would also make me more comfortable around money and wealth. Not to mention it contains the relationship building which is something I really like.

I considered starting with fewer, but in the end I figured that running this same stack for 2 months would give me enough time to get used to it.

If I had t think of something which could be attributed to the subs, I would say that I felt less patient today. Even though I was still not very active physically, mentally I felt like I just wanted to get stuff done.

And that’s about it for the opener. I will post anywhere between once a day to about 3 times a week. If I have next to nothing to report, I’ll merge it with the next post.

Hopefully it will be of use to you. And hopefully I will be wealthy enough at the end that I can create the mother of all customs. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 5

• Subliminals: RICH Qv2, EoG St 1, AM, HoM, RICH Solace, EoG St 1, AM, HoM
  • Blood Pressure: 106/61 at a 66HR

Looks like the clouds in my head are clearing up. Although the fasting insomnia is no joke. I was lying in bed wide awake yesterday for an hour, then went and played a computer game for an hour during which I was yawning a lot. Then I went back to bed, lay awake for about 45 minutes before finally dozing off and waking up to my alarm a few hours later. Fortunately the ketones are keeping me awake.

Speaking of, I got some simple urine tests and they are all the way on max ketones. If I breathe on a woman’s polished nails, the polish may come right off with all those acetone byproducts. Very curious about next Saturday’s test.

Anyway, the reason for this post is because as I was lying awake in bed last night I had time to reflect. The feeling I described as wanting to get stuff done was more a feeling of being irritated that it wasn’t done yet. Subtle difference. Not a drive to be productive in general but rather a need to deal with stuff and just get it out of my way.

Another thing which has been bugging me is RICH Solace vs Qv2. I think Qv2 came out after Solace, so Solace was never updated. I asked Saint and he’s not certain. Both have their advantages. For now I think I will do the first run as Qv2 and the second one as Solace.

I really wish we could find solace in having more Solace. Peace, yo!

3 Likes

Have you got any wealth pathways in the works, or just the day job for now?

2 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 6

• Blood Pressure: 99/61 at a 61HR

I managed to sleep well enough. Had a nice dream even. There was a diplomatic negotiation taking place in a hotel and I was checking for threats against a particular negotiator. I had already saved her from one threat and was looking for more when she showed up in a public area wearing nothing but a see-through robe. She was crushing on me for being her hero earlier and wanted to “reward” me, even though she was embarrassed and explaining why she was dressed like that to the other people in the area. I embraced her to keep her private areas covered and told her to hold that thought since I was still investigating a bomb threat.

The dream felt really good, in more ways than one. Too bad it ended when she ran off to her hotel room.

Nothing to do with wealth, although I do feel I’d do well in politics (and as a federal agent). Then again, I have believed I can do anything I set my mind to for a long time. Even if I disqualify for some things.

The feeling is unique enough to be mentioned still. Like I’m giving it more serious consideration. What if…

Today went well enough. I definitely notice more motivation towards just getting things done instead of procrastinating. That attitude of “well, I might as well do it now.”

Just the job. Thing is, I have a lot of “junk” in my life which needs sorting. My house is in a near-constant state of renovation, my bank accounts and personal finance needs sorting, my job certifications need updating, my inbox needs cleaning and so on. All that is distracting me from having time to spare for other things.

However, my current job will be ending in Q4 this year, so I have been thinking about what to do next. Certification studies will get a higher priority. And with COVID on its last legs I will have to consider the next job may require commuting again, costing me more time. I really want to get into trading as a secondary income, but it requires a dedicated daily time block. I can make the 1 or 2 hours I need, but not always at the same time, which is necessary considering which parts of the portfolio are traded on which markets.

I still remember how relieved I always was when trading Forex when that bell sounded on Friday night and the financial markets were finally closed for the weekend. No more stressing for two whole days.

I’m kinda hoping RICH will do as advertised and make those pathways a bit more obvious.

4 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 9

• Subliminals: None (Rest Day)
  • Blood Pressure: 112/82 at a 77HR
  • Water: 1.6L/56oz
  • Ketones: 5.6 mmol/l
  • Glucose: 4.2 mmol/l
  • Weight: -3.9KG/-8.6lbs weight, -2.6KG/-5.7lbs fat, -0.6KG/-1.2lbs lean, -51 calories BMR
  • Body Measurements: Hips -1cm/-0.4", Chest -2cm/-0.8"

I checked the previous journal. On the last fast I hadn’t reached this level of ketosis yet after two weeks. Not to mention those two weeks were very uncomfortable. I commented then that I had overloaded on carbs and bad foods leading up to the fast.

This time however, I not only fasted for a month but followed that up with IF and ADF. As a result my body has gotten quite used to using ketones. And even though I added pizza, candy and cookies to the more healthy foods, it took far less time to purge all that and go into the fasted state.

I expect higher fat loss this fast and for my ketone levels to become too high to measure soon enough.

This last week has been relatively comfortable, although work has been a bit overwhelming and consumed most of my attention. But my energy levels have remained consistent. There was a bit of insomnia at the start of the week, but by the end I slept fine. With an unfortunate sleep session Friday afternoon when I felt so tired I literally fell forward into my bed and fell asleep until midnight.

The fact that this fast is more comfortable could be attributed to 3 things I can think of:

1. The previous fast and follow-up intermittent fasting.
  2. The electrolyte supplements I’m taking this time around.
  3. The (mostly) more health conscious food choices during the refeeding.

I’m leaning towards #1 as this is actually the first time I take supplements and most of my previous fasts have been comfortable.

No decrease around the waist yet unfortunately, although it looks like it in the mirror. But I’ll take what I get.

During fasting, it becomes especially noticeable in my face as my cheeks become more hollow and my eye sockets become a bit sunken. Sitting in the barber’s chair in front of that mirror today I realized that’s already happening. Nothing that can be done about it for now. It’s unpleasant though, since it will have an effect on other people. They see a pale zombie, even though I feel totally fine.

Regarding possible subliminal effects, the feeling of being impatient has persisted. Lots of little things get done because it annoys me that they weren’t done yet.

Also, it seems harder, much harder, to think sexual thoughts. I feel important like a leader somehow, but even trying to think about sexual things feels like fighting something in myself. I can however daydream about being the leader of a nation of corporation though.

3 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 13

• Blood Pressure: 96/60 at a 62HR

So far this fast is a lot like the old ones. Very comfortable with a few drowsy days here and there. I did reach the point where it is starting to mentally wear me out. With two weeks left to go I find it very hard not to start eating again. It’s not hunger though, it can better be described as having become acutely aware of the monotony of life without food. Eating provides a pleasant break from everything. A break I no longer have.

I’m also thinking about all the foods I don’t think I’ve ever had. I’m looking forward to trying out Falafels. I hear they are actually not that unhealthy.

I also went to the company luncheon yesterday. One of my colleagues was impressed that I managed to get by on 3 cups of tea while a 3-course meal was paraded in front of me. Trust me, I was crying on the inside.

I find it easier to simply tell people I’m experimenting with intermittent fasting and skipping breakfast and lunch. Less questions and disapproving looks that way.

COVID also scored another point thanks to the stupidity of human beings in a herd. As soon as people were given more freedom, everybody between 15 and 25 went partying. And then got sick. So now restrictions are coming back and everybody’s objecting again. Not me of course. People blame the government for lifting their restrictions too soon. I am reminded of “Give them a finger and they’ll take the whole hand”. The government gave people leave to act responsibly without being forced, and they demonstrated just how irresponsible they can be.

I’m going on a little COVID detour here, since I’m on the fence about something. Please skip it if you’re the kind of person looking for a reason to argue.

If not...

I’ve had a very very long talk about COVID with a very smart person I can trust well enough. First, I have absolute faith in my body’s capability to fight this thing should I get it. Not to mention the odds are low as my experience over the years has been that disease avoids me like the plague (pun intended).

So up until now I’ve always been of the opinion that I would let nature take its course and if I got it, I’d get it and beat it fair and square.

But now there’s these reports of people with even mild symptoms that recovered just fine in a matter of days and still have permanent heart, lung and even brain damage months later. Meaning these people would be less fit for the rest of their lives.

Once again, I believe that I could heal from even that through my lifestyle choices, but still, it gives me pause. A reason to consider.

Then there is the vaccines. Most vaccines are mRNA vaccines. I’m no expert, but from what little I know mRNA is a Trojan Horse. Your body lets it in and trusts it, and once it is in it can do almost anything. That scares me. So if it is the choice between an mRNA vaccine or going at it au naturel, I’ll take natural selection any day. Even if they say the vaccine is opt-in, yet don’t allow non-vaccinated people into events and across borders and exempting them from insurance coverage and charging them 1200 a day for a hospital bed because “they had the chance to get vaccinated for free.”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no over-the-top conspiracy theorist. mRNA has amazing possibilities. As do stem cells, cloning and many other scientific concepts. And in a perfect world we could do so many amazing things. But putting them in the hands of inherently flawed human beings and billions of dollars at stake, the odds may never be in our favor, Katniss.

However, I have been offered the opportunity to get a vector-vaccine next Monday. A vector-vaccine is the traditional form, where they take a neutered (ouch, poor thing) common disease like the common cold and attach a bit of the new disease to it. When injected, the immune system has very little trouble fighting it and developing an immunity to it.

So, when weighing possible long term health deficiencies against a vector vaccine, I find myself doubting. Maybe I should. And that’s when somebody told me the vector-vaccine has those blood clotting issues in very rare cases.

Of course, I have to consider I’ve been fasting for 2 weeks. How would that work with a vaccine? Does it actually protect me better?

I honestly don’t know anymore. I’d love to hear some of your opinions. But do it in a PM, I don’t want this journal to turn into a public discussion on that topic. Thank you.

Anyways, moving on.

The effect I previously described of becoming impatient has persisted. I am now becoming more assertive towards other people as well, sending out a bunch of support requests to stores and suppliers about things which bug me. Gettin’ things done.

Also, my old subliminal frenemy has returned. I find myself spending a lot more on useful and quality of life improving things. I don’t really want to spend, but a part of me gets triggered telling me “This is an open loop. Either buy it or don’t, but don’t leave it on the Maybe-List taking up brain cells we can put to better use.”

I’m considering investing in some Bitcoin. They were at a “measly” 32k yesterday after experiencing quite a drop. They’ve been stable for a bit, I’m expecting them to start rising again.

4 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 16

• Blood Pressure: 95/66 at a 64HR
  • Ketones: 5.6 mmol/l
  • Glucose: 3.4 mmol/l
  • Weight: -2.5KG/-5.5lbs weight, -0.1KG/-0.2lbs fat, -1.2KG/-2.7lbs lean, -38 calories BMR
  • Body Measurements: Hips -1cm/-0.4", Waist -4cm/-1.57", Chest +1cm/+0.4"

This is an interesting development. My ketone levels are identical to last week. They did not rise at all. I’m curious if this persists.

I am inclined to attribute this to the electrolyte supplements. I think they may be preventing my body from switching over to 100% fasting. Other symptoms I have never had before which I would “blame” on the electrolytes are frequent burping and almost daily bathroom visits (normally in a fast it’s like once after about two weeks).

Even more disconcerting (almost scary) is that according to the scale I lost almost no fat but a bunch of lean body mass this week. Almost as if my body has not gone into protein conservation and is eating my muscles, while my fat levels remain relatively stable. I’m hoping the scale is simply confused. I mean, ketones are generated as a result of fat-burning. I have ketone levels indicative of fasting (or starvation if you’re a pessimist). So assuming I’ve been at this level all week, I would have lost a LOT more fat. We’ll see what happens next week.

Next fast (if I do another one in September, which seems probable now) I may keep them out again and see what happens.

This aside, I do feel as normal as can be. Stage 4 of extended fasting is the balance-stage, where every process in the body has found the sweet spot to operate in. Today was the first time during this fast that I got a bit lightheaded when getting out of bed too quickly. Many people would get that all the time with my blood pressure, but this is the blood pressure and heart beat I’m at during peak condition (I expect it to remain at this level for the duration of the fast). While I slept last night, a 54 beats/minute was recorded.

Just two more weeks…

Another little foray into 'VID territory. I’m leaning towards taking the shot on Monday (which might completely mess up the rest of the fast), since it may be the last time I can get a vector-shot (they’re moving towards the mRNA shots globally). If I believe my body can handle the virus, I also have to believe it can deal with any potentially unnecessary crap in the shot.

Did you know there’s people who don’t get any symptoms at all? The downside of being a walking carrier aside, how cool would it be to get the 'VID and never even notice it? It would make me feel like a superhero.

My ex-downstairs neighbor has 3 kids and believes the shot was designed to kill you eventually. My upstairs neighbor has 2 kids (hyperactive ones unfortunately) and doesn’t believe COVID exists at all and so also won’t take it. That will get interesting, especially if this thing turns out to be endemic.

Still, Pfizer is working on the COVID pill, so by the end of the year any recurrence may be as simple as taking an over-the-counter pill upon experiencing the first symptoms. No protein spike in the body, one wallet spike for Pfizer investors. Maybe then those neighbors will be willing to take it.

There, done. Until Monday, maybe.

The previous days have been fairly uneventful and routine. Still a bit hectic at work and still irregular sleeping (at least I can sleep, unlike the previous fast). I was a bit absent from the forum as if I suddenly lost the motivation (I still show up when you @-ping me of course).

The assertiveness and getting-things-done attitude has persisted, as has the shopping drive. Both are costing me a lot of money, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel where my life is comfortable and sorted enough for me to focus on the important things.

It feels strange, because part of my brain is very afraid of change. I think it’s something from my youth, but I’ve been known to be almost OCD. It’s starting to go away, maybe the Dragon helped.

So now I’m messing with my electrical network so I can cook again, getting a new bathroom in October (the old one is almost falling apart so it’s an essential albeit expensive purchase), doing some DIY woodworking to create extra storage space and insulating the ceiling of my home office so I no longer have to hear the upstairs neighbor’s kids (at least in that one single room).

I also got some crypto-courses on Udemy so I can avoid the beginner’s mistakes. Hoping to go through those this weekend.

Also, I was out and about today and felt like I was walking around like I owned the world, with a confident swagger.

4 Likes

Cool to hear your thoughts on these things, especially the vaccine issue,
which I don’t and insist (to others with opions unless @DarkPhilosopher invites them) on not turning this into a topic/debate about it. I’ll just say it’s a difficult choice given the reality of things, and the lack of definitive information, and I feel for ya.

Just a heads up that as you get more experienced with ketosis, you stop peeing out acetone byproducts, so your test results won’t look very good on a urine test even if you’re actually rocking 2.0/mmol.

I love ketosis! Great mental health hack… I would definitely consider investing into the blood measuring devices if you don’t already have them.

This is INSANELY high ketone levels. Don’t worry about them getting higher. If they get to 7, you might have reason to be worried and reduce them back down to 6

Peter Attia has said that the way to prevent this is by continuing to work out even while fasted.

I love this journal and can’t wait to dive deeper into it! To be honest, I was just skimming it while on a zoom call.

Fasting Journal: Day 17

• Blood Pressure: 93/65 at a 67HR

As per usual, the regularly scheduled programming first. I figured it was worth a post.

This weekend I have been so ridiculously active. Have you ever been chillin’ somewhere, sitting and sipping your drink, looking at somebody that just can’t sit still. They keep running, moving, working and so on. At some point you think to yourself “Holy crap, dude, can you just calm down and relax for a moment?! I’m getting tired just looking at you.”

That’s how I feel looking at myself today. And to a lesser degree yesterday.

On the plus side, I’m happy I got so much done. Very happy. Making strides.

It is definitely a tricky issue. Right now the only reason I’m even considering it is because it’s the last chance to get a vector-shot. They are taking them off the market because they have a very small chance of causing a blood clotting issue (just like COVID). Not to mention mRNA’s are slightly better (and if you’re conspiracy inclined, have a dangerous ability to do anything they want in your body).

Anyways, if they weren’t taking them off the market I’d be perfectly happy hanging out and waiting.

Part of me feels I’m betraying COVID if I were to take the vaccine. Another part is worried crazy stuff might happen in this “altered” state.

I’ll probably drop by the site tomorrow, sit there for a few hours then make up my mind.

I know. At first the body doesn’t quite know how to effectively use acetoacetate so you get more acetone. After a while it becomes more efficient (I’m probably there already) and there’s less acetone in the urine. I don’t know if that also affects the breath though.

And I have a blood tester (you saw the mmol levels) but the strips are quite expensive to use often, so I use them once a week. I used the urine strip in the first week of the fast I think. I’d had quite a few carbs before so I wanted to check how long it took to go into ketosis.

Warning: Geek section, an explanation of how the body burns sugar and fat for those interested parties.

As always, if I’m incorrect do let me know.

The body’s primary source of energy is glucose. Carbs and proteins are converted into glucose. So the average human being eats enough to keep the body well supplied.

When you consume more than your body needs to supply its immediate needs, the insulin in your body will start grouping 8 to 12 glucose molecules together to form glycogen. This glycogen is then stored in your muscles (about 1-2% of your total muscle) and liver (around 6%). In total there’s about 2000 calories worth of glycogen in your body waiting to be used. And there it stays until you start running out of glucose in your body.

On average there’s about 4 grams of glucose in your body at any given time. When that starts running out, a chain of events starts which starts breaking down that stored glycogen back into glucose, which it then uses for fuel. The glycogen in the muscles is mostly used by those muscles themselves, the glycogen in your liver is distributed throughout the body and goes where it is needed.

This process is likely why you don’t notice any drop in performance when you do intermittent fasting. When you eat, you store the glycogen, when you exercise while fasted, it breaks back down. As soon as you’re done exercising, the body waits for you to eat so it can replenish its glycogen.

And when you’re not exercising your body, your brain demands glucose to about 20% of your body’s energy needs.

But we all know what happens when you eat so much that the body needs no more glucose. Any calories that your body doesn’t need are converted into triglycerides, which are then stored in the fat cells.

As soon as the body runs out of all forms of glucose, it has no other choice but to start using fat (lipids) for fuel. And so starts ketogenesis.

The stored fat is released from the fat cells and delivered to the liver. The liver then forms acetoacetate, the first ketone. That acetoacetate is then converted into beta-hydroxybutyrate (which is not actually a ketone any more than Pluto is a planet, we all consider it one but science tells us otherwise).

During that process, sometimes acetone is formed as a byproduct (which IS a ketone). This acetone is rarely used and usually gets removed from the body through breath and urine. As your body adapts to using ketones for fuel, the amount of acetone will get less. The body simply uses acetoacetate for fuel as well and less acetone is created.

If you combine intermittent fasting with proper meals (even if those are not keto-meals), your body is switching between glucolysis (using glucose for fuel) and lipolysis (using ketones for fuel) so often it will train itself to do so rapidly and you’ll barely notice it when it happens even if you’re in the middle of running a 5k.

There, that’s everything except gluconeogenesis, which is why I still have glucose in my blood even though there’s no glycogen left in my body. The red blood cells, part of the kidneys, my man-parts and about 30% of my brain can’t use ketones. Without gluconeogenesis I’d be having hypoglycemia and wouldn’t be long for this world. But that process is a bedtime story to put you to sleep another time.

I think the limit is about 8 actually. And even then it’s still fine as long as glucose levels are stable. As soon as glucose rises as well, the risk for ketoacidosis increases. That is when the alarm goes off.

I think I actually hit those high levels on my previous fast 2 months ago. My blood meter told me to take a hike, my levels were above measurable values. That’s about the time I started measuring glucose as well, to keep an eye on things.

It might be 5.6 is enough to maintain consistent energy supply, so my body hovers around there. Why put more energy into the blood when the body doesn’t need it?

I used to think that too. Use the muscles to send a clear signal that I still want them.

There’s an institute in the US which does all kinds of fasting for its patients to help with “incurable” afflictions. They did some research into it early this year and came to the conclusion that there is actually more muscle loss if people exercise on an extended fast as compared to when they don’t. That’s when I stopped exercising.

They said they’d make their findings public somewhere this year.

A compliment and an insult together. I’m impressed. :wink:

Thank you for the kind words.

This is actually my second fast this year. Did one in May as well, which I documented in another journal. Possibly again in September and November. If I haven’t reached my minimum healthy body fat levels by then, I don’t know what it would take.

It’s heavy, going for an entire month. I’d probably rather do ADF or 3 consecutive days a week. But I know I’m training my body, my mind and healing at the same time.

The one mystery I haven’t solved yet is why I keep buying cookies while fasting…

4 Likes

Hahaha please, take it as a compliment! A subliminal + keto journal was more than my focus muscles could handle and I totally prioritized your journalling over the group call that I was supposed to be focusing on.

The best way to find time is to make time, as the old saying goes. Perhaps the best thing to do is commit to focusing on an (extra) wealth activity (beyond what you normally do already) for an hour a day or so, and do all that “other” stuff outside of that time. All the “other” stuff, the sorting and cleaning and organizing of your life, will take as much time as you give it.

But if you gave yourself a set period of time, probably in the morning, where you ignored all that other stuff and focused for at least a few minutes on what you really needed to do to get wealthy in the long term, you would be consistently taking action on wealth every single day.

Should work! Subliminals cause action and action causes greater effects for subliminals.

4 Likes

This one was posted a few days after it was written.

Fasting Journal: Day 23

• Blood Pressure: 107/77 at a 70HR
  • Ketones: 5.5 mmol/l
  • Glucose: 3.8 mmol/l
  • Weight: -3.8KG/-8.4lbs weight, -0.1KG/-0.3lbs fat, -2.1KG/-4.6lbs lean, -63 calories BMR
  • Body Measurements: Hips -2cm/-0.8", Waist -2cm/-0.8", Chest -1cm/-0.4"

Phew, a week already. It’s been a less than optimal week, for the past few days I was even quite weak and it is clear my body is under considerable strain. Which brings me to the next part.

The scale is obviously messed up. I can clearly see the body composition changes in the mirror and they do not seem to be muscular. My skin is has begun pulling tight all over my body and the veins are starting to show. It is an unfortunate side-effect of losing fat through fasting.

The human body has a preferred place to store fat. For women usually the hips, for men the midsection. But when losing fat, it will do so across the entire body evenly. Meaning that if you want to lose that “stubborn” fat, the body will first get it from everywhere else just to annoy you. And so before fasting gets around to that last bit of annoying fat, the faster looks like a well-preserved mummy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Side-note: I actually have 2 scales. I got a Xiaomi Mi Scale sometime back for fun. It tells me I did most definitely lose fat and is also quite happy with me (even if I don’t think anybody will ever reach the water-goal for that thing).

Still, losing this much weight in one week is something that should in theory not happen. Maybe during the first week, not during the third. There are two reasons this could have happened which I can think of. First, I almost stopped taking those electrolytes. The daily bathroom visits were really annoying. It turns out it really was those. Especially magnesium on an empty stomach goes right through you, if you catch my drift.

But if I stopped taking the electrolytes, my body would have finally flushed the sodium out of my body, resulting in the rapid water-loss usually experienced during the first week of fasting.

The second reason is my extreme activity last weekend. I had muscle aches until Wednesday I think. If I’d been eating, I would have expected a decent gain. Considering how the body loves consuming lactic acid to turn into glucose during a fast and how fasting stops inflammation, I can imagine that experiencing muscle aches for that long must have been something.

Whatever the case, like my previous fast it is around three weeks and I’m not feeling optimal. I’ll be very happy when this one is over. I also can’t help but consider the evolutionary response this is causing in my body, adapting to this.

As far as the ketones and glucose go, nothing new there. Literally. Surprising that the ketone levels don’t rise any further.

I’m considering ending this fast. Next Saturday I’m expecting to do a whole bunch of construction work. Even if all I’ve had is some broth, at least I should be able to eat a bit more after the construction work is done. Not to mention I may be experiencing some minor vitamin deficiencies that cannot be resolved while fasting. In case you are unfamiliar with them, vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble. Meaning you need to consume them with fat (why do you think the bottle always says “consume with meal”?).

I’ll have to think about it, but maybe switching to an IF very low calorie schedule for the last week would be best. Or a daily broth containing some protein and fat, allowing me to take those vitamins. It would be OMAD style and contains very little carbs, so theoretically shouldn’t drop my ketone levels significantly. Might be an interesting experiment.

It surprises me how much fat the human body can hold. When I stand, I can now probably fit in a size small and people wonder how I can remain so fit (ignoring the stylish mummy-look for a moment). But when I sit, I can still grab a handful of fat around my belly. Makes me wonder how much weight is in that fat.

Now the important part: did I or did I not take that J&J vaccine? :slightly_smiling_face:

I went and sat there pondering it for 2 hours. Then they left. So the answer is no.

Thing is, I am still convinced I can weather it. I just don’t like the idea of those possible long-haul effects.

Anyways, if they come again, the party starts all over. If not, I remain aligned with Darwin.

On the subliminal and wealth front, not much has happened. I keep wishing I suddenly have an explosion of results, but no such luck.

Finally, @Billions thanks for the advice and support.

4 Likes

Crazy journey you’re on bro! I couldn’t imagine fasting for a month straight…

You mentioned that you weren’t getting results in the wealth department. Results aren’t as important as progress. Are you making progress? If so, you’re getting closer to results!

But maybe this fast has also hi-jacked your attention. This is technically supposed to be your wealth manifestation journal, but it looks like most of your contemplations are around ketones and fasting. Maybe, if you like ketosis, just eating a normal ketogenic diet will give you the mental clarity you need to succeed at business, while also helping you with fat loss.

Just wanted to remind you of some of the goals that you’ve set out for yourself! And don’t find the time, MAKE the time. Trade 1-2 hours a day. Or build a business 1-2 hours a day. Maybe reduce your stack for faster results… if you’re listening to ultimas 2x a day, that’s listening to it like a major program, not an ultima/booster. RICH and AM are probably all you need for wealth manifestation. HOM once you have a business you want to turn into an empire. EoG is supposed to change mindset stuff, true, but AM specifically changes mindset stuff surrounding starting your business, procrastinating on living your best life, and getting it up and running quickly. Maybe HOM and EoG are distracting your from your quick results, whereas if you had RICH, AM, and maybe a third sub (PCC, Inner CircleQ, GLM, Mogul, or just listening to even MORE loops of RICH/AM) you’d probably get your results quicker and then be able to stack on HOM/EoG when you need it.

The path is action above all else… which is probably best gotten from AM.

2 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 25

• Blood Pressure: 105/74 at a 63HR

Well, I did take a few pieces of melon and some beef broth yesterday. The light fat content in the broth should be enough to help absorb the vitamin supplements. And my eyesight did clear up. Yes, one of the reasons I guessed I had a vitamin deficiency was because I started getting issues properly focusing my eyes. That’s usually a vitamin A deficiency.

Scary that I know that, but this is actually my first time experiencing this. I like to study up on these things, that’s all.

Took some chicken broth with the supplements today. Tomorrow maybe a bit of vegetable soup. And then the rest of the week I’ll resume the fast. I will at least finish properly.

One effect I noticed is that I’m constantly falling asleep. Yesterday behind my desk, today almost. I almost can’t stay awake.

Also, without the proper probiotics most of what I ate goes right through me. But it did what it needed to do.

Now, to reply to Billions’ tough love…

I used to be able to do two months. Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s subs. Since I’m not willing to go a month without subs, we may never know.

Three months ago I posted if people would be interested in reading a fasting journal. I told them I was running the last stretch of Dragon and Paragon and was going to fast as well. The focus was not on either one in specific, but simply reporting data on the fast plus any experience I was having, whether relating to subs or not.

This is essentially the same. For me fasting is routine by now. On the surface it doesn’t change much except give me more time. I still record some data like the ketone levels because I find those interesting and the weight loss because that motivates me.

But if I do or experience things that are wealth related, I will report those too. I don’t put focus on either. I just report what I experience.

Second thing is that I intentionally do this fast on month 1 of a 2 month Stage 1 of EoG. So my stack won’t change next month and I’ll be able to see if there’s a difference between running it with and without fasting.

For example, during my last fast I used my EEG to notice that during a fast my dominant brainwaves were vastly different but also severely weakened. Meaning that any aura-effects or attraction or manifestation effects might be diminished as well.

But it should be mentioned it is hard for me to maintain a proper journal simply because I don’t seem to notice what the subs are doing. I won’t deny I’ve grown as an individual, be it because of the subs or not, but I don’t have those magical moments some people have (although the other day I was carrying a cart full of stuff wondering how I was gonna get it up the stairs when just as I got to those stairs a friendly neighbor was there to help).

So, I already report a lot less compared to last fast and in one week this fast is over and I’ll have at least a month of re-feeding before figuring out if I should do another fast. If I do, it’ll probably be three weeks, that seems to be my limit nowadays.

As far as other methods go, I’m not obsessed with ketones but I know they are a good thing. I’m still trying to figure out which lifestyle is maintainable. The Keto Diet is out, since it is too strict for me. Even if an IF & Keto combo is probably the best you can do, I wouldn’t be able to maintain it.

So during the re-feeding I’m experimenting with IF and ADF. I theorized before that I might end up with OMAD and a 3-day fast once a month. Unfortunately nobody entered into that discussion with me, so it seems I have to figure this out on my own it seems.

Now, I want something to be clear. You mentioned the make time thing. I agree. You mentioned the goals thing. I agree.

I have an engineer’s mind. Everything in my head is about efficiency. The most efficient way to consume nutrients, the most efficient way to exercise, to sleep, to heal, to lose weight. Everything needs to achieve as much as possible in as little time as possible.

Hence the fasting. I use it for its long-lasting healing effects and its rapid fat loss effects (and I wish there were some spiritual effects) in order to reach a baseline. Essentially my way of doing a physical Total Breakdown. I tear down everything until I reach the foundation.

Then I start building up through proper exercise with possibly some minor fasts in between to maintain body fat percentage. To me, this concept is more efficient than bulking/cutting, dieting, gaining muscle first and so on. First I strip down, then I build back up properly this time.

A secondary benefit is that I have a tendency to make health-conscious changes after every fast. So the fast help me get rid of bad habits.

I also mentioned that I spend a lot of time clearing out old stuff. Same principle applies here. I have this concepts of “open loops.” I think it’s a GTD concept. If ever you tell yourself you need to do something it takes up space in your mental hard drive. Since your brain usually has no clue when to remind you, it does so at the least useful moments. These reminders also take up processing power (have you guessed I’m in IT yet?)

So in order for me to focus completely on what matters and to open myself up to the possibilities and wealth, I seek to close those open loops. To clear everything out that can be cleared and find a place for the rest. It doesn’t have to be pretty.

I have already done this emotionally. But physically and digitally there’s still a lot of unprocessed gunk. I know the opportunities are out there for me, but I feel that maybe I can’t see them because there’s too much in the way.

So I clear stuff, move towards a cleaner, more minimalist life in all areas of my life, in order to make room for those wealth building opportunities. I really think it is the best action I can take at this time, making room for the future.

And right now that means I am doing a lot. So much in fact that unless I slow down I may end up with a burn-out or something. I’ve been absent last week and seemed to be somewhat sick last weekend likely because I’m doing everything all at the same time. Multiple renovations (the state of my house is a MAJOR open loop), old stuff I got out of storage that needs sorting and donating (that storage was from the time I couldn’t bear to throw anything away), the fasting (I’ve been trying to get my body fat back to where it should be for years), electrical work (my cooking plate hasn’t worked since right before COVID hit) and so on and on. Since I started these subs, I’ve felt driven to take action on all of them, to become massively assertive and get all those big things done. All the while I am facing a huge unknown at work that I will have to start getting a grip on.

So everything is coming at me at the same time now.

Making time can be done, but it would mean putting something on hold while every fiber in my being is telling me to keep going until I drop. Also, I really think that even if this does not generate wealth (and in many cases even spends it), it is still the best action I can take for the time being.

Finally, as far as your sub recommendations go, you are probably right. But like other users here, my mind is constantly noticing days, weeks and months go by unrelentingly and it doesn’t want to wait even longer. I have to trust that there is enough overlap and that my previous running of EoG takes some of the load off.

By the way, Saint has actually at times recommended running only RICH for a few loops as the stack. I run an Ultima as the first sub in the stack, since they came from the original superchargers, which were also run right before the associated activity. The idea stuck with me. I don’t necessary run it twice, unless I manage to run my stack twice.

There, one of my usual really long replies. I even made an hour or two of my time for this. :wink:

2 Likes

Fasting is great. Remember that the majority of healing that fasting initiates happens during the refeeding period. Long fasts followed by periods of nutrient dense engorgement will be optimal.

Okay sorry about that! I didn’t realize the context.

My main point was more so that since ketogenics and fasting takes such a large amount of planning and attention to monitor, it might be taking away brainpower from your ability to focus on and manifest greater pathways of wealth.

I’m happy to enter this conversation if you were looking for feedback on this. Personally, I do a full ketogenic diet and have no complaints. It’s almost like an anti-depressant for me, my mood is just 1000x better when I’m in ketosis and that’s one of the ways I focus on wealth, by optimizing my mind first.

Since you’re already so deep into ketosis and so metabolically flexible, fully fat adapted, you actually wouldn’t need to eat as much fat as you might think to achieve a ketogenic state. Check out r/keto and r/ketogains for some in depth guides on this, but essentially, carbs are a limit, protein is a goal, and fat is just something you eat whenever you’re hungry.

Now that I’m fully fat adapted, I just eat a lot of fibrous green vegetables, protein sources however I can get them, and enough fat to keep myself full. I’m not lathering olive oil on my salads (I eat raw lettuce lol), and I’m not chugging cream or overloading on fat in any way. My body maintains a natural level of ketosis and I simply limit my carbs to avoid messing that up.

OMAD could be very good for you, IF could be very good for you, 3 day fasts once a month could be good for you… my main reason for not engaging with this topic is because they’re actually all good, they just all have very different goals and metrics. Whichever one you can handle and see results from would work for you.

Everyone loves RICH and I do too, so I will definitely try that out! Would I run only RICH x4 for a day, maybe once a week?

Getting ready to watch this (in the next week or so). Sharing just in case it offers anything.

I’m returning to and re-reading your Healing on the Fast Lane journal.

Thank you so much for creating it.

(Forum won’t let me like anymore posts for another couple hours.)

4 Likes

Thank you for reading, it feels good to know I can add some value even if my journals don’t usually show miracles happening because of subs and they do tend to cut off abruptly.

4 Likes

The more I read it, the more I love it.

There is a learning curve for me. Partly because I learn best by doing. Now that I’m actually in my own fast, I’m absorbing everything more quickly and just…more.

I did a 3 day water fast back in 1999 with my qigong teacher. He leads people through 4-day qigong water fasts 3 times a year. And I did a self-administered Master Cleanse back in 2004. That’s the extent of my fasting experience.

This time around it’s more meaningful.