Drag Reb Elix 23 (2021)

Feeling some pain and lack of endurance in my knee today.

Awkward meeting at work. The standard rather than the exception in my life. About 20 minutes in blood started streaming from my nose.

What are your thoughts about cutting back on caffeine?

I read about the bloody nose. How is your nose?

I have been having quite a few bloody noses recently. Probably should go to the doctor to see if it is related to an underlying issue.

Iā€™d love to do it, but it is difficult.

I drink three 16 oz cans of sugar free energy drink every morning. Depending on the brand that is between 420 and 510 mg of caffeine total.

I will drink one can in the afternoon. Depending on the brand this will be another 140 to 170 mg of caffeine.

One of the things I worry about is whether the Harmon Kardon computer speakers in my office are properly reproducing the high frequency tones required by the ultrasonic track I am running, as this is the only place where I am running Dragon Reborn.

These are the specs of my Harmon Kardon HK195 speakers.

Frequency Response 80 - 20000 Hz

Signal-To-Noise Ratio80 dB

Output Power / Total 12 Watt

Impedance 5 kOhm

1 Like

I would encourage you to think about seeing a doctor. I admit, Iā€™m a bit worried.

As for caffeine, how about only 2 cans a day this week?

The specs for the speakers look fine.

Can you measure the output of the ultrasonics with Frequesee?

1 Like

Yes. I have avoided medical appointments since the onset of covid.

This week I have so much going I feel like I canā€™t risk playing around with my caffeine levels. Next week should give me more flexibility.

I need to download frequense and test.

Thanks.

Put the phone near the speakers with Frequense activated and noticed a quite pronounced peak just under 20,000 hz.

Yep! That should be the ultrasonic. You should be good to go, just remember to read the PDF about volume levels, and set accordingly.

About -60 from the place where I usually sit and the phone placed next to my ear.

Turned off the mp3 player and the high frequency spike was gone, so that confirms that my speakers are reproducing the necessary frequencies.

I am trying to figure out why I had never used Frequense before despite seeing it discussed over and over on the discussion board.

My biggest question about ultrasonic tracks are their range. How far away from the speakers can you hear them?

I only get the high freq spike relatively close to the speakers.

@Fire and @SaintSovereign

I think dorfmeister is pointing out something important here. Could you please commentā€¦ unless of course, our Archivist @Meng123 can figure this outā€¦

1 Like

Its in the faq :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Feeling some uncharacteristic ā€œcrunchinessā€ in my knee and a bit different quality of pain. Will monitor it.