Ultrasonic db using speakers?

hey so when i set US track using my jbl4 speaker
i measure the volume using FrequenSee app
in the source it shows about 35-40db

the thing is, when i lye in bed which is like 5 feet from the speaker i use the app again and i see it in the 80-90 db range like almost invisible.

does my subconcious can still hear it well?
i read somwhere that 40-50db at the source should be fine. but why does it decrease to such lower levels in such short distance? do i have a reason to worry?

thanks

I currently have this same issue. But only became an issue when I changed my phone. I assume that it could be to do with background noise cancelling on the phone, but I’m just guessing, so could be wrong.

I usually play a masked tracked as well as using the frequensee app to test volume. My dreams are weird AF so I think the subs are working.

Would be good to get @SaintSovereign thoughts on this.

Paging @SaintSovereign

and

@Fire

As long as it shows on the app as being above baseline in the room, should be fine.
Just put the phone right by where your head is in bed to get an accurate reading.

Curious, is the actual subliminal file in the speaker? Like on a flash card? Or what is actually providing the audio to the speaker?

I also asked a question about speakers (which ones to buy). I never got answer.

1 Like

its connected through audio cable to the pc , there i run it

1 Like

What type of speakers do you have?

stay away from bluetooth with subs, could be delays and stuff

jbl flip 4

1 Like

@SaintSovereign
@Fire

Speaker options or ideas?

I used Logitech that have a range of 20Hz to 20,000 Hz. However I usually use headphones.

any feedback?

I would like to help. What specifically are you wanting feedback on?

why does the db drops to such low amount in such short range? and is the subconcious still able to decipher and understand well the audio in 70-80db range(from the listening spot)?

i would like an official answer

@SaintSovereign @Fire

Would you please comment on the above post?

@Rusty1 while we wait for an answer, perhaps it would be better to listen to the masked versions for now.

1 Like

I use a JBL charge 3 or 4 bluetooth speaker for my ultrasonics and masked

You have no reason to worry.

The ultrasonic doesn’t dissipate over distance.

If you are still worried about not hearing despite the db being in the proper range when close, run a masked file, adjust it’s volume, then play the ultrasonic.

4 Likes

It’s similar to what is called “Free Space Loss” in Radio Wave theory. Basically, the higher the frequency, the higher the attenuation per distance traveled. Also, since this is omnidirectional, it’s loss as the square, meaning it’s squared per unit of distance traveled.

The db should be set/measured where your ear ends up being to make sure you get it where you want it, meaning the speaker would need to be louder to account for the loss over the distance traveled.

1 Like