Best Quotes You've Come Across

“Sometimes people say,’ One day you are going to look back at this and laugh.’ My question is: Why wait?”

Richard Bandler

3 Likes

“ I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.”
– Alexander the Great

4 Likes

Well, I don’t know about you, but if a sheep managed to intimidate together an army of lions, that is one mighty scary sheep. Wouldn’t want to meet that fluffy mutant on the battlefield. Just give me the single lion, please. That I can survive by hiding in the army of sheep.

You have to think anyway, so why not think big?
– Donald Trump

You know you’re a success when you look at your kids and realize they turned out better than you.
– Joe Biden

See, I don’t pick sides… publicly. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything

4 Likes

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies

1 Like

Every corner in the universe has a story, but there is no greater story than that of humanity.
– Ra’jel

1 Like

“If you’re afraid - don’t do it, - if you’re doing it - don’t be afraid!”

Genghis Khan

4 Likes

Although nothing impossible can possibly happen, something improbable will probably happen and something unusual usually happens, so don’t be surprised when something surprising happens.

Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
– Alice

2 Likes

“Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn’t matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough. Work as hard and as much as you want to on the things you like to do the best. Don’t think about what you want to be, but what you want to do. Keep up some kind of a minimum with other things so that society doesn’t stop you from doing anything at all.”
–Richard P. Feynman

2 Likes

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

Thomas A. Edison

5 Likes

“If it will move, I will move it”

The thought that popped into my head on Tuesday when I was thinking of stopping my workout because of the muscle discomfort. I got 2 or 3 more reps out after that thought popped in there.

1 Like

“Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow”
–Swedish Proverb

1 Like

Today’s sentence I thought of and put into my SC biography:
Heal your old wounds and forge an impregnable armor of your never forsaken nobility, forgive them all their weakness and the darkness will never touch your heart again.

1 Like

True wisdom comes in the realization that you know nothing

Socrates ( pronounced Sew crates)

3 Likes

Really? I always thought it was “sock-rah-tee’s” but I suppose that’s just how the English say it. Yours is how the Greek say it?

Since we are on the topic of Greek crates and in the spirit of the Dragon…

“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.”
– Hippocrates

3 Likes

“If we knew the meaning to everything that is happening to us, then there would be no meaning.”
― Idi Amin

1 Like

“Don’t become a philosopher before you become rich.” Shahrukh Khan

4 Likes

“Most of my friends are dead – and many of them I have never met before. In my private life, I live quietly, and with all the choice of living at hand, I prefer to bask in the legend of people I’ve only heard about. To me – they are as real as the people sitting in this theatre. I learned from Charles Haanel, through his experimentations with imagination that through actively honouring the memories of your choice historical figures, and in consulting with them as though they were real, you are eventually able to receive true guidance from them as though they were really here. True, it is a strange way to live – but it is magic, and I’ve found my magical thinking has lead to miraculous results.” – Lana del Rey

1 Like

This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.

2 Likes

“We don’t have to dream that we’re important.”

1 Like