Best Quotes You've Come Across

I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and diligent — their place is the General Staff. The next lot are stupid and lazy — they make up 90 percent of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is stupid and diligent — he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always cause only mischief.” - Erich von Manstein

4 Likes

All I have in this world is my b*lls and word. I don’t break them for anybody understand? Tony Montana Scarface

3 Likes

I am one second closer to death after reading that.

1 Like

You never get a second to make a first good impression. As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch they do. Andrew Carnegie

1 Like

I know how to bow down to authority if it is authority that I respect. Tupac

1 Like

"…obscurity is usually the refuge of incompetence.” - Jubal Harshaw (Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein)

1 Like

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

There is no coming to consciousness without pain.

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.

Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering.

In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.

Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health.

The healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl Jung

3 Likes

A man once asked his father, Father, how will I ever find the right woman? His Father replied, Forget finding the right woman, focus on being the right man.

1 Like

“Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant.”
― Martin Heidegger

3 Likes

“Thinking only begins at the point where we have come to know that Reason, glorified for centuries, is the most obstinate adversary of thinking.”
― Martin Heidegger

1 Like

“Walk amongst the natives by day, but in your heart be Superman”

Gene Simmons

2 Likes

“If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything”

• January issue 1945, “Mental Hygiene”

Or like me… I just watched Sucker Punch

3 Likes

“Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you don’t care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” Colin Powell

1 Like

“I’ve moved past threesomes. I’m now into foursomes. If someone backs out, then you’ve still got a threesome. If two people back out, you’re still having sex.”
– Gregory House

“It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do!”

“Sometimes life feels like a game of chess. You’ve been at it for ages only to realize both your bishops have somehow ended up on white.”

That was today’s comedic relief.

3 Likes

Embrace the suck
– US Navy Seals

3 Likes

“It’s self indulgent I’ll admit, but I do like to watch my own symphony play itself out” -Nicol Bolas

2 Likes

“I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”
Jack Nicholson as Frank Costello in The Departed

6 Likes

So, essentially, we master reality once reality no longer masters us.

Or.

We master reality once we master ourselves.

This is deep.

“You are the key, the lock and the safe. You’ve just convinced yourself you need to find the combination to unlock your innermost self.”

-Ninjistic

3 Likes

6 Likes

"There is always plenty of capital for those who can create practical plans for using it.

Capital is always available in unlimited quantities to such brains as (Henry) Ford’s." - Law of Success Napoleon Hill

2 Likes