Art Thread for Artists

I like this too.

it feels good.

1 Like

I wonder how many girl bands can point to Josie and the Pussycats as their inception-inspiration.

1 Like

that is a cool thought

Like this one a lot:

@Fractal_Explorer

4 Likes

Not all vaporwave per say but here are examples of their specialty VSTs:

There might be others that appeal to you.

2 Likes

Oh nice. I’ll definitely go through those. I try not to hoard plugins though lol. Right now I’ve got my modular software that I’m trying to learn the ins and outs of. I like having one tool that can do a lot of stuff vs a bunch of things. But having a quick tool to fulfill a specific need is always good.

Latest one I finished. I was pretty happy with how expressive I was able to make this. Definitely some detroit techno influence in this one. Probably the most melancholic thing I’ve written recently. I was trying to hit that balance between a repetitive hypnotic sort of feel and enough variation. Working with only a few elements to force myself to really think about the composition and how to get the most out of it.

Truthfully I’m conflicted because a lot of my stuff comes out like this and I don’t know if I just need to accept it more or challenge myself to write different things. Sometimes I just want to write a banger and instead I get a complex moody piece of music.

2 Likes

I like the complexity of the harmonic bed. But I’ve always loved synth sweeps. Seems to be in my DNA.

I find that I like to listen to your stuff late at night or after I’ve just risen; during those moments of mental solitude when I’m free of demands and can let my mind travel where it will.

2 Likes

Here’s one from a few years ago.

What to say about it? Let it go.

And a mantra to Cundi Bodhisattva. (Woke up early one morning after recovering from a cold. Voice was deeper than usual. Took advantage of that to record mantra.) It’s made to be set on repeat and it will just continue on rhythm.

6 Likes

Same here with synth sweeps. Probably part of the reason 90s dnb hits me the right way, tons of sweeps in that stuff.

Thanks man. I think a large portion of my stuff is an attempt to reach that exact mental space. Away from the world. It’s meditative in a way for me

1 Like

Here’s another drink photo. I love the deep green I was able to create. It looks a lot like Slytherin House colors.

10 Likes

13 Likes

wow.

wow.

and a third ‘wow’ to reach minimum allowed characters.

2 Likes

That is so wonderful.

1 Like

I love it.

1 Like

Thanks! ! !

1 Like

It ain’t much, but it’s honest work.

4 Likes

Can anyone post artwork? I create digital art.

2 Likes

yes, anyone, please share

3 Likes

22 minutes of RenaMan

7 Likes