Art Thread for Artists

@RVconsultant
Now I am curious to

@Fractal_Explorer @Leandros

I doubt I’ll share anything soon. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

Imma hold off on posting much here for the moment, because I don’t want to link my existing profiles on other sites with my public profile on SC. I got plenty of old art of a more photographic or concept art quality on Flickr and other places I could share but it would risk people locating those other profiles via Google Image search. So for now only new material that I’m not likely to use commercially.

The mystery of @RVconsultant continues. Humor me though, what’s your favorite genre to work with?

Unmixed, unmastered, damn near un-anything

But an honest enough statement

7 Likes

I listened to Drifting right after awaking. About to meditate. It hit the pace of my mindset just right.

3 Likes

Electronic.

3 Likes

WOW! Intriguing and complex rhythm section.

1 Like

Your harmonies are always on point and I appreciate how you capture the feel of the 90s era of electronic music. To me that was the golden age and I didn’t even live in it, but there was an authenticity and fearlessness to expression around that time.

4 Likes

I’ve just come across a surprising quote from C. G. Jung. It’s reported third-hand in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/C-G-Jung-Speaking-Interviews-Encounters/dp/B01FIZ703G

“I feel that from now on music should be an essential part of every analysis. This reaches the deep archetypal material that we can only sometimes reach in our analytical work with patients. This is most remarkable.”

I’d never come across that before today.

I am intrigued to say the least.

3 Likes

Here’s a real Renaissance Man style activity to try :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The trick with this exercise is that you want to achieve a balance of order and chaos. So you can’t just go in scribbling on the page and expect to get results. Start with making simple geometric shapes, get the muscle memory for doing these down so they can become automatic. Gain control over the device you’re using to create the line work and understand its sensitivity. Once you get used to this, the activity can start to flow naturally without thinking.

3 Likes

Self-portrait listening to Khan

5 Likes

I wrote this one on July 28, 2020, 2.5 weeks after starting Alchemist and Quantum Limitless Stages 1.

Now, it’s April 3, 2021 and I’m one week away from formally starting Alchemist and Quantum Limitless Stages 4.

sol is my name for the stack that I’ve been running during this time. (NOVA is my name for my next stack that I’ll start running in May. Will be cool if a new song comes for that one too.)

2 Likes

Something starting to emerge from the exercise above. Don’t know if this will go anywhere, but what the heck… its fun to experiment.

6 Likes

I’m going to have to try that exercise. I used to sketch a lot more a few years ago. I was never good at realistic stuff and found it kind of boring. So I just did my own thing, weird stuff was made. Might grab a tablet for drawing and pick it up again.

Example art, from about 7 years ago when I was just into random sketches.

1919062_1399198503756_1024827_n_1399198503756

That last one might have been influenced by weird Japanese lore I had knocking around in my head.

Creative, but not really refined. Now that I’m more mature I could probably pick up on more fundamentals.

6 Likes

I’m not really sure where in me this song came from, but it makes me happy when I listen back to it. I think it gives me a happy, easy, light, flying kind of feeling. maybe partly a UK 80s/90s poplike or synth feel or something. but almost everything I write is a little bit wistful. Because, well… life feels wistful!

And here’s something.

Part of the fun is creating a video of found images to express the music.

And finally, when I do draw it usually comes out something like this:

that piece is entitled ‘Stuck in Zoom Meeting - #25

4 Likes

YOU did Boundaries and the video? I was thinking about that song yesterday. You put in Josie and the Pussycats!

1 Like

Another edited photo. I like how this one turned out.

6 Likes

haha. yeah, I put in Melody as a modern-day Bastet. I’m just old enough to have seen Josie and the Pussycats when it was still on tv.

I used many images from the artist Nina Paley, who is awesome. Eventually, I’ll go back and sync up all of the dances so that they’re all right on beat.

1 Like