Anyone train in MMA or boxing here?

Do any of you guys train in MMA ? boxing ? or any combative art ?

Used to not much these days but will start again soon as the time is right

1 Like

Well once the lock down is over hope to begin training.

1 Like

Great idea bro. It is one of the best forms of workouts.

Just choose a good place to train haha
the people you are around is important ofc, and sometimes shitty people go to these places (with a lot of unresolved issues)
and also the instructors matter, choose wisely!

just what I wanted to share from personal experience I hope it’s useful

great decision GG

My brothers a third dan in Japanese jujitsu and has done a bit of cage fighting in the local scene in wales, I train a lot with him, I really recommend finding a good trainer though louds of bogus people about

2 Likes

Was doing kickboxing and made a physical sub to help me train for it but covid put it on hiatus. T-T

1 Like

@TheBoxingScientist

Computer ninja by day…

MMA ninja by night…

Dude, you’re like the modern day renaissance man!

1 Like

Well this forum is all about obliterating our boundaries by opening ourselves up to new experiences and seeing that we are are all capable of choosing the life we want.

1 Like

I did spend a 5 weeks in thailand training in muay thai as soon as the lock down is over and things begin to normalize i am planning to go and train there for a few months.

Good idea actually building a physical sub for future training.

2 Likes

Lifelong martial artist. I’ve not been training for the last few years but I’m going to get back into MMA/BJJ as soon as I can afford it.

2 Likes

i have 20 pro muay thai fights in thailand, i quit like 4 years ago doe.

my boxing is decent and so is my grappling.

I don’t enjoy BJJ, i enjoy boxing.

Muay thai is life

2 Likes

@Yazooneh were you training out there in thailand ?. I spent time in Phuket in a village called Chalong it was like an olympic style village with a dozens of training schools dotted around a single road.

2 Likes

yeah i was in chalong too bro, i moved from gym to gym cuz of clowny fights (putting me up against dudes way heavier who had bad skill for betting purposes) and eventually i found a gym there that let me stay and train for free and gave me decent fights against decent thais and stuff.

i stayed 2 years total i think. which gym in chalong did u go to? i love hearing about the different experiences cuz each gym is like an ambience

3 Likes

I tried it for a couple of months but something about rolling around on the ground with another guy just doesn’t do anything for me.

2 Likes

hahahaha yeah bro, not to mention literally getting ur ass handed to you by anyone one belt above you and needing 2 years of practice before moving up

2 Likes

I briefly trained Muay Thai and Kali almost twenty years ago. Talking about getting your ass kicked

3 Likes

BJJ is amazing I was more concerned with what you said about getting your ass kicked by higher belts. I understand why there’s such an emphasis on MT , BJJ , and Boxing in MMA.
A few years ago I seriously considered trying Krav Maga but to me it looks like a watered down Kali with lots of groin shots

2 Likes

it’s the ballbreaker martial art.

kali is badass bro you’re tougher than me cuz i did martial arts just to compete, imma call you if someone fucks with me so u can shove a stick up their ass

1 Like

I seriously doubt that if you had professional fights.

1 Like

I can’t do anything for a while. Not a priority

1 Like