Ultima Journal placement?

Within a listening schedule, people have breaks naturally built in.

E.g. a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule. Those would be your regular (mini?) breaks as part of a regular schedule.

Micro-breaks could be the breaks between each loop, such as an hour between each loop played on a given day.

Macro-breaks would be breaks from the regular schedule itself. For example, 1 week off every 7 weeks.

My schedule has all these breaks built in:

• Micro: 1 hour between each loop
  • Mini: 1 day between each major-listening day + weekends off
    • This one is inspired by the listening guidelines of running a terminus title for 2+ loops on a single day. For a single terminus title at 1 loop, I’d do 5 days on, 2 days off with the days being weekends.
    • This doesn’t apply to Ultimas—they are run situationally and in theory all 7 days of a week may feature an Ultima!
  • Macro: 1 week off every 7 weeks

Deja vu…@James did I ask you about “taking any breaks recently” before?

2 Likes

Not like that. The most I take off is when I sleep or when I’m busy. Definitely going to screen shot your schedule thingy for future reference. Looks like the weekend will be off days. Should be fun

1 Like

@SubliminalUser Thank you for this by the way

1 Like

The hour break between loops is SOOO powerful, it’s the difference between a day in recon or not. Or if not recon, really max out the subs effects. I find I need 4 hour break after Terminus minimum before any next subs-8 hours is better.

1 Like

Taking today and tomorrow off from listening to subs. Regeneration and Elixir are the perfect stack for me and are doing an amazing job.

1 Like

I’m going to run Executive and Beast Unleashed right away Monday morning because I plan to finally start working out .

@James. How’s it going? The Elixir Ultima is wonderful. Combined with Regeneration (whether in custom sub or regular sub) is life changing.

1 Like

@khan Oh yeah It’s incredibly life changing. I honestly believe that if someone stuck with it long term say a year or more as I plan to do that , that person would be more mentally, emotionally, and morally mature than probably almost everyone they know. SubClub can release whatever they want but I am sticking with Regeneration and Elixir

5 Likes

1 year minimum.

2 Likes

Exactly. I feel something people miss myself included is being grounded, stable , and realistic. The combination of Regeneration and Elixir does that like I have never seen from anything before
There’s a certain necessary detachment but not in a apathetic way but realistic like I said before. I now see how worrying or being anxious about what’s outside of my control was incredibly pointless and a waste of time. It’s difficult if not almost impossible to problem solve in that state. It’s also immature to be unwilling to accept uncertainty. Which of course circles back to anxiety and worrying because that’s exactly what anxiety and worrying is. Having to find meaning in everything or anything is also an unwillingness to accept uncertainty

5 Likes

I am going to run Executive here in a little while as I am feeling incredibly lazy and unmotivated today. I may just run Regeneration and Elixir later as well or today may just be Executive and Beast Unleashed. At least one loop of each. I noticed yesterday when I was playing some metal that the song sounded different depending on which mp3 player app I was using. For some reason I figured it didn’t matter what app or player I ran. Apparently I was wrong
Last night I also deleted my Facebook account finally. Felt good and oddly liberating.

3 Likes

Yeah I have been incredibly lazy the last couple of days procrastinating and putting things off so today is definitely Executive Ultima day

1 Like

With Executive it’s as if a flip in me gets switched where I go from almost not wanting to do anything to being bored out of my mind trying to either get things done or figure what I need to do or can get done in advance

I may have unintentionally screwed myself because at times the more I do around the house the less anyone else seems willing to do. The owner/landlord actually told me yesterday that he sincerely hopes nothing ever happens to me or he would be stuck with all the fucking work. His words not mine

2 Likes

Currently running one loop of Elixir then I’m going to take a break for an hour or so then run Executive. Not sure why it is but after one or two loops of Executive I always have to listen to extreme metal

I just remembered I own Atomic Habits by James Clear. I’m going to start reading that today. It feels like Elixir goes really well with Executive in that as you clean or clear out whatever is keeping you from being as productive as possible Executive takes over and you become a machine

2 Likes

Last night I watched the Social Dilemma on Netflix. Great movie that I cannot recommend enough. Both enlightening and frustrating at the same time in that I now understand on an emotional level how toxic social media is. The frustrating part is knowing that you are far better off without it but at the same time having that nagging feeling that you are missing out on something. Whatever that may be I have no idea . It’s something I struggled with several years ago as well when I was working sixty to seventy hours a week to take care of my wife and I with often no days off and when I did have a bit of time off from work it meant getting errands done , all the while overhearing colleagues say they would never do overtime or give up their weekends or talk about what plans they had or how they could do this or buy that because of what their spouse did for work or because they were a two income family.
I realize now my mistake in feeling the way I did that ultimately lead to me sabotaging myself. I let myself get sucked into short term thinking. That what I was doing and sacrificing had I stuck with it would have paid off in ways I couldn’t imagine at the time. I never realized until now how important long term thinking is

3 Likes

Took an hour or so break and now I’m running a loop of Regeneration

Just a reminder

2 Likes

Just to extend my overarching point that everything is meaningless after I my year or so of Elixir and Regeneration I am most likely run the latest version of Quantum Limitless and Beyond Limitless.

1 Like