Transcending Mediocrity 2 - Emperor Logbook

And that one goes on my reading list!

Congratulations, you have now succeeded in leading me away from discussing Astronaut’s journey. :wink:

2 Likes

I salute you man. I think @anon3072973’s journey is epic and beautiful. And your input is very intelligent and useful.

If you were in his situation, dealing with the same issues @DarkPhilosopher, what would you wish someone would give you as advice? What would be the essence and extract of what you would need to hear the most if you were in his shoes?

1 Like

Honestly, AMASH, you’ve been asking several insightful questions on different threads the past hour or so, and if I knew the answers I would be a happy man indeed.

In this case, when I read this…

…I say that Astronaut has begun to realize how little contact people have nowadays in the Age of the Internet. Everybody is absorbed in their cell phones or MP3 players and are nervous about random strangers. Most friendships and relationships I see around me started at school, work or someplace they practiced a hobby. Very few people have the daygame skillset that you have to open up random strangers and just get to know them for the sake of knowing them.

I say search the neighborhood for clubs or social gatherings that share interests with yours. It’s a good ice-breaker when you already have things in common. Find at least one activity outside of work that brings you together with other people. I did an improv course at some point. Essential life skill and a lot of fun to do. Plus, you really get to talk with people.

5 Likes

I just think it helps our whole community to consider new perspectives. Just enriching the conversation, and really curious about people’s answers and thoughts. It is genuine.

I noticed you used the word “random strangers” more than once, @DarkPhilosopher. How different are random strangers to unknown people in general? And are there “non-random” strangers in life and reality? And is “random strangers” an abstract concept, or a real life thing?

3 Likes

I remember also that Dilts heavily drew upon speeches from people like Abraham Lincoln and Aristotle, among others, to help distill those patterns too. Bandler was the main focus for it I think though for sure.

1 Like

I suppose, if anything, I could just dig back into the Sleight of Mouth patterns and use them on myself when I sense limiting beliefs rearing their head. Challenge my own thought patterns to make sure if what I’m thinking and saying are limiting beliefs/excuses or legit concerns in a given situation.

1 Like

You’re very wise @Palpatine. You really deserve much more out of life than your current situation is allowing :slight_smile:

1 Like

ST1 wasnt even difficult. ST2 is bad when it comes to productivity but ST3 is better than ST1 and ST2. I concur. I am really curious about ST4 but i have to put ST3 hours first

1 Like

Day 32 - 322 hours of listening (v3) 27th of September 2019
I think about moving to EoG. I made financial success my top priority now, since I quit my job in the earlier episodes of Transcending Mediocrity Season 1.

2 Likes

That seems like a good plan. How long would you spend on each stage of EoG? How many hours?

3 Likes

Good questions. I just need to set up a few things, meaning I am not in a hurry.
So I can probably do the stages as instructed, each for a whole month. Right now I get about 10+ hours of Emperor. Assuming I buy bluetooth speakers this may be 15-20hours.

3 Likes

@anon3072973 AMASH is you pushed out

2 Likes

Love that one
I just checked my notebook and I am pretty happy and satisfied with my manifestation-game this month so far. 13 manifestations in 16 days. I also played around with manifesting for others and well lets see how this improves even further.

3 Likes

You do realize you are now the most successful manifester here? You should start your own challenge. Give us instructions and set a weekly manifestation challenge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a perfect analogy DarkPhilosopher. I have done a 21-day water fast and you nailed with the explanation.

1 Like

Uh… I thought Yardbird and OldChap were the most successful?
Thanks anyway, thats really nice of you haha. I think that’s actually a very good idea… We could improve together and learn new stuff. Who would be in for that?

2 Likes

Okay, the most successful manifester of the new generation of listeners. :wink:

Gamification is a proven concept, people are more likely to act on a challenge than their own motivation. Especially if it’s done in a playful way, with peer support and a reward at the end.

And as you say, we could learn stuff, share visualization techniques and so on. For example, something which AMASH may like, I have found that in charging a visualization with As Above/So Below is possible. But it is very difficult to keep two visualizations going at the same time, so for me the best way is to visualize the goal first, then the energy. And then of course it is easier to do so without the actual voice track.

DarkPhilosopher goes back to manifesting a Snickers bar, knowing that if he goes nuts trying, at least he’s got one ingredient right.

4 Likes

Day 35 - 331 hours of listening (v3) 30th of September 2019
Had a dream about going to my old workplace. Was fooling around while headed to work. The scene kept playing over and over again, with little variations. Being in the underground, talking to people, jumping around and heading to work, people thinking I am strange. Again and again and again.

1 Like

Day 35 - 337 hours of listening (v3) 30th of September 2019 - Entry 2
I feel very much like I was some years ago. I dont like being bothered, talking to anyone, doing anything. I am so passiv and constantly aggressive/resentful/angry. I figured if I listen to Emperor for 6 hours 5 days a week, Ill be at 500 hours in a month, so that would be beginning of November…
I am not really the happiest person alive right now. Im just angry about everything. I dont know if Ill be able to finish the month if this goes on. It just sucks and it feels like it is leading me nowhere.

Btw: I got a message from someone working at the place I quit. Isnt it funny? The same day I dream about it, I get a message. It is but I cant really laugh about it right now

2 Likes

Day 36 - 338 hours of listening (v3) First of October 2019
Dreams:

1. Witnessing “someone’s” DMT-Trip
  2. Going to an exam, someone from schooling heading towards me and tells me casually that the exam is already over and that I missed it. We hugged like old buddies and forgot about it and talked.
  3. Something related to my old workplace (Can we stop these sort of dreams please?)

How do I feel?
Like crap. Watery eyes, quiet voice, itchy skin, sweating, the whole program baby.
Confidence at the lowest point. I feel like I am doing something wrong. Either the program doesnt work for me, or I am doing something wrong or I am just an unpatient little bitch.

1 Like