It’s been a while since I last posted in a journal, and to be honest… there are a few reasons.
- My last journal was all about a side hustle business I’d been working on, and to be perfectly honest… I slacked off, a lot… and barely any new progress has been made. Why? Keep reading and I’ll tell you!
- In the past few months we’ve moved to a new house and I left my old company to join a new one… so that’s kept us busy. Plus we got covid (while my wife and I were just bleh for a few days, my daughter got hella sick… super high fever…) and other misc life stuff.
- My other project really gained some traction… then lost it when the fellow I was working with had to drop out of the project due to personal events in his life… leading me to hire a freelancer, who utterly flaked on me and cost me $$$$ without any actual progress… luckily the original engineer has rejoined the project and everything is back on track.
All that to say… not a whole lot to report on for the actual purpose of the previous journal. I suppose I could have journaled my progress with Emperor/Sanguine/Quantum Limitless… ah well.
Hence a new one, for a totally different focus. This time?
Yep, it’s time for getting ripped… or at least, losing the parts of me that make my wife say “look at how squishy daddy is!” to our daughter…
My approach is simple… I’m going back to what’s worked well for me in the past, but adding in some new tools.
Weight: 193lbs @ 15% bodyfat (the astute observers among you will notice that’s a bit down from what I posted 2 days ago on the EF ZP thread… my response: YEP.)
- 180lbs @ 10% bodyfat
- Visible abs
- That famous “Hollywood” physique
EATING SCHEDULE : 16/8 Intermittent Fasting, working to 18/6 over the next couple of weeks, and eventually OMAD. Maybe. That feels easier when you don’t have family mealtime…
DIET: Generally a Mediterranean-style cyclical keto eating plan, which in the past allowed me to drop ~40lbs over one summer. These last 15-20lbs have been fairly reluctant to leave though… not that I’ve been super strict about my eating over the past 18 months or so… at least I’ve maintained and not gained!
EXERCISE: Currently, walking 2-3 miles (~4km) on weekdays, and up to 8-9 miles (~14km) per day on weekends as I have more time. Usually, we’ll do a loop around a nearby golf course, walk to the beach, etc. I do have a set of 100lb (beginner, I know) resistance bands that I will start using again until I get something better, and there is a personal training facility near to my house that offers SuperSlow/Body By Science workouts, so that’s definitely an option, in addition to the many gyms and other fitness clubs in the area.
THE MINDSET: Emperor Fitness, of course. I’ll be starting with a stack of:
- Emperor ZP
- Emperor Fitness ST1
- Emperor Fitness ST2
My goal for this stage is just fat loss; I haven’t decided on a workout option yet so I’m not going to really focus on building any muscle in this rotation. Later on, I’ll most likely run ST2 and ST3 together to focus on both. But BLACKICE, you say… how can you lose fat and build muscle at the same time??? Well, I’ve got a plan for that too. Some of you won’t like it, like… really won’t like it… but… can’t please everyone.
THE SUPPLEMENTS: (the ones specific to this project, at least)
- 1,000mg metformin/day
- 1,000mg berberine/day
- 5,000IU VitD+A+K2
By sheer coincidence, I just happen to have an eager lab rat that has exactly the same body weight and other stats as me, and this little dude will be participating in some experiments (see below).
- Photobiomodulation/red light therapy. I have a full-body Joovv light panel for recovery after a workout, once I get to that stage.
- Polysaccharide complex combined with MCT oil. This combo expands to MANY times its own volume in the stomach, providing both bulk to enhance the feelings of satiety (to help with getting back into fasting) as well as providing prebiotic food for producing SFCAs in the gut. Plus, 2.4g of MCT with each dose… currently at 3-4 doses per day.
- Ketones/BHB. Not 100% sold on this one yet as my diet alone gets me into ketosis easily enough.
- BCAAs/HMB: Still researching this part, but it looks pretty well-established… the BCAA part at least.
- PPAR modulators… specifically, a stack of GW501516 (Cardarine) and SR9011 (Stenabolic). These are controversial, and my lab rat has declined to comment in public on their use… suffice to say, he has done his homework and is comfortable with the risk/benefit profile.
- SARMs… specifically, a stack of MK-2866 (Ostarine) and RAD-140 (Testolone). This combination of PPAR modulators and SARMs has been shown to promote simultaneous fat oxidation AND muscle growth, as long as the muscles are worked enough, the body remains in a fat-burning state (ketosis) often enough, and insulin & sugar spikes are avoided. As for the rest, especially anything relating to ethics (Lab Rat is not a pro athlete…)… he again says “squeak squeak” (translation: no comment)
I have, unfortunately, lost the access I used to have to an LN2 cryochamber, EMS/Myostim, ARX, hyperbaric o2 chamber, and some other really fancy toys… but I’ll make do with what I’ve got.