SubliminalGuy--Ascension and Rebirth Journal

I’ll share my thoughts today.

I felt stronger than my urges to buy the new limiting beliefs sub :slight_smile: In months and years past, I’d make a purchase, and I’d have 2 motives. The first was “I may miss this!”, so I’d jump. The second reason is something like “we’ll still be on the same page (so I won’t be alone)”. The last one has pushed me many times to jump onto opportunities. But I looked, and I stopped, considering I own Aura and GLM and don’t use either presently; I felt too spread out. My focus while looking was “will I use this? Is this my focus presently?”

I’m running 3x Ascension v.2, 2x Rebirth, and 1x Limitless. @SaintSovereign said in his thread that his focus is narrow in running subs, and I have had good success when I keep focused on a target myself. Stress isn’t worth it.

4 Likes

Ok. My thinking on my last post may have been too black and white. Right or wrong. I’m seeing me judging myself more and more. Seriously, I’ve motivated myself most of my life by simply “kicking my own ass”. Noone else knows my weak spots. Only I do. But doing this…just hurts me. Thank God subliminals hit what I avoid.

I brought this up since Mogul focuses on removing limiting money beliefs, and I’ve been judging others “who weren’t doing what I am doing”. It’s arrogant of me, especially when I see merits I would like myself.

I must be kicking my own ass. I’m running Rebirth at the moment, and this clicked when I noticed my mental gaze is on justifying and rationalizing my behaviours.

I’m jumping around. Sorry. my thinking has been on money, and I watched a presentation this morning from a man who is on the inside circle of world monetary changes, being called on to advise world leaders and major institutions of changes coming. I’m avoiding picking his package up, though it’s only $50. A belief I’ve had is (I’m trying to put it into words) “if I’m responsible with money, fun is NOT allowed”.

For me, that belief is kicking my ass. I considered picking up either mogul or ascension mogul to handle those very beliefs and others…dang.

Not having fun or even enjoying my own company makes SubliminalGuy a very dull boy. That’s where I am right now. I don’t know how to handle this, to feel ok with myself making logical moves with finances–when I have conflicting beliefs with doing so.

2 Likes

I just saw my sister. I’ll be honest and say I’ve not liked her much since she’s stubborn and addicted to chaos.

Something in me is being challenged as I just wrote that, and I’m wondering if Ascension is doing this. I’m trying to return to an old pity pot–leading to blaming (or me taking no responsibility on an issue)–and I don’t even feel good about blaming her since I listened to her. It just doesn’t feel good.

Speaking my mind to her helps me. Being quiet, or not being direct with her, does not. I’ve had something growing in me these last 2 weeks, and I think that’s it. I’ve been very indirect with emotionally volatile people, fearing I’d be attacked if I spoke up. I was quiet around her.

What can I do or say next time that might help me?

2 Likes

Help. I feel small and frightened at this moment. Ascension is working some deep changes in me, and I’ve not been greatly excited by it. I’ve not been terrified either. I am in new territory, and reversing what I just said, I am a little excited. Like the excitement that sits right next to fear, that “oh sh**” feeling.

I’ll share what ties to this. I and GhettoGuy are in charge of a large, very unfocused and disorganized cleanup project, some of it is continual, and lately, the bosses have been pushing for a clearer outcome. Today, me, GhettoGuy, and our boss’s boss were discussing our plans and possible solutions in a sudden meeting.

I’ll stop there since how I acted and felt was very mature, even action oriented. My mind was clear…and I was not reactive. This is why it’s strange to me. I’ve acted like a scared yes man my whole life, I run Ascension day and night, and I felt capable and unafraid of finding and working a solution. Not lying or putting on a face hoping they’d not really get to know me. Because that was me.

These are just pieces of what seems to be happening in me. I am growing up, looking at today. I’ve never just been. I’m resisting my own gaming and lying. Well, I’m focused on being me. It’s not hard really.

I’ve often wrote something honest, then ended my post by dismissing its importance. Not today :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I need to share me. Secrets have been my lifestyle, and those same secrets strangle me and my relationships. I feel scared–but only since lying is easy, and being honest takes more work. Being honest, the hard stuff, means focusing on me, not others. Nothing big is going on outside myself. My drama has all come up from within, tempting me to react. It’s all a cover for the fear I’ve felt living with choices to stay in my spot, or change into the new man.

I came home yesterday, I began writing here about my day…and went into a mental blur, meaning I was scared to stay and scared to grow, and I really did NOT want to admit that. And what hit me harder was my realization that I wanted to write…to give away my authority and responsibility in this decision. I surely did not post once I saw that. Me writing, for me, has often/always been me seeking out a brother figure to take over for me. (Old strategies I’ve overused and misused) It takes the focus off of me, which is my motive. I’m still seeking a saviour figure. It held such a feeling of security that I’ve returned year after year. (Even writing now…NO. I need to focus on me.)

So, I just realized I’m trying to get back in CONTROL.

I got up and took a BR break. Immediately, my mind went to relaxing. I was with myself, and protecting myself (me protecting myself is new and BIG)…but felt coming back here was for one reason: to give my power away again. It made me feel small and young, and everyone else feel big, an old survival (control) tactic I’ve used many, many times.

I’m unsure where this is going, and I’m seeing my codependency in action. My “I can’t do this! Help me!” thinking. How I’ve lived…and part of me still craves it. At the same time, I know it’s not helpful or good–well, I know it since it FEELS bad at its root.

Presently, I have 3 loops of Ascension to 2 loops of Rebirth. I’m considering the limiting beliefs sub since it appears one can run more loops of it. Truth: I’m wondering about it since it’s not “now” in my discomfort. My strongest motive for picking it up is to avoid this discomfort.

My clearest feeling right now is “I’m not sure how to do this”

This is where I am today, and what’s been on my mind for days. Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

I added Godlike Masculinity to my stack, since at the bottom of the sales page, it says it will destroy anything that inhibits your masculine expression, limitations included. I now have 2 loops Ascension, 2 loops Rebirth, and 2 loops GLM.

3 Likes

Oh man, this is a deep realization. And it reminds me of the realization this author had in this very important book:

If you have some time, give it a read.

And lots of progress there @subliminalguy! Do you realize the difference between you now and you when you first started? Because sometimes when you’re “inside your life” you don’t see the progress happening.

2 Likes

That was a beautiful compliment @amash. Do I realize me now vs. when I started? Not completely. I know I whined and groped for consolation constantly, and it felt demasculating, even to me.

And again, this is exactly why I use subliminals. I don’t know what I don’t know. Without something pushing me from inside, I keep going where I’ve always gone. I LOVE subliminals for this reason. Allowing change is one of the greatest gifts I could EVER receive.

I am still learning what the following quote means in MY life, but my old sponsor gave me a sticker years ago which I have right on my fridge. It says:

“If nothing changes, nothing changes”

Changing is challenging, exciting, fought against, fought for, and everything in between. I speak up for subliminals on a regular basis since they motivate me and challenge me to grow at my deepest levels. Sometimes…I don’t even feel like me.

And that is a VERY good thing :blush: Being able to change without such hard work is such a gift. I don’t have to beat myself up, which I have most of my experience in. Nah. I’ll take a kinder road. I’ll do, and am doing, subliminals.

2 Likes

That is a powerful quote. However, I prefer the Tony Robbins quote:

“Change is automatic, Progress is not.”

And that’s what we’re here to do, to progress, evolve and become the men we always wanted to become but something held us back!

3 Likes

Your quote is more inspiring and pointed, that I’ll admit. Thank you for sharing that.

3 Likes

One of my favorite quotes ever is from one of my favorite books, No Country for Old Men. Ironically, it’s a quote said by the villain, just as he was about to kill someone: “If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

There are so many small minded people out there, living terrible lives, claiming that they want to change. But, the moment you mention something like subliminals, or self-help, their “skepticism” kicks in, and they following the same rules they always have, and end up living the same shitty lives.

Even with subliminals, which help to change your internal rules, you still have to do something to make it “real.” Keep continuing to challenge yourself.

7 Likes

I’ve survived most of my life by watching and cloning others. To put it lightly, it’s not been fulfilling. I lived hoping “someone else, somewhere else”…would have the answers I needed. This has been the most widely used identification and survival tool I’ve used. However, it’s kept me in the victim mindset.

And I watched some Simon Sinek YT videos last month, and his ideas fit here. Just like animals, we look for “others like us” to not feel alone in our world, and it helps us survive. Victims seek victims. Winners seek winners. I played a victim role so long. And I still hang on to it…damn. I’d like to think I don’t, but I have a neighbor next door which I really hate seeing. And at the same time, I understand his thinking. He’s not abusive, he’s just oblivious to other’s cues. And today I noticed something good is getting louder in me. I took off today to do some business deals (I have paid time off from work), and I took a long walk. My neighbor saw me outside, and came up, yapping at me, never once allowing a discussion. It was 95% monologue.

Well, I am entertaining thoughts I’ve rarely had while he yapped and complained to me. First, my body is pointing away from him, for I want to walk away. I’m becoming more ok with the reality of ignoring him when he comes out to complain about stuff. And I realized this while I stood there.

I’m writing this since I must still communicate that I am considerate of victim minded people. Maybe. But just yet, I’ve not turned and walked away from him. I’ve done different subs that included removing toxic people from my life, so that’s where I’ve had different reactions.

And I just realized something. I’ve defined “blowing him off” as me cutting something deep in him verbally. That’s abuse. I’ve not done that because I have still carried the exact mindset. So, if I cut him, I’ve cut myself as well. I don’t like pain, so I’ve practiced some niceness and tolerance with him lately.

Damn…I also realized I can be very rejecting of myself too. I’ve often beat myself up when I’ve not stood up for myself. And…not standing up for myself equals a victim mentality.

This last admission may make all I’ve said make sense. I ran Emperor v.2 all last night by itself. I added Rebirth and GLM to it today. Major thinking changes and awarenesses are going on. I sought a bit more assertiveness to feel ok with me.

2 Likes

I am noticing I go in circles a lot. @SaintSovereign brought up the emotionally unhealthy guy using Emperor and having bad experiences, and I steer right into my “comfort spot”, my history with my pain. It’s my soapbox. I stay there, fearful of letting go of something.

Taking responsibility…f***. I’d began a tangent focusing on a family member, putting the focus on her. Erased it. I’m here for me, uncomfortably. I hear the song “Story of my Life” in my head now. I’ve been afraid to take responsibility for this for a long time.

I’m listening to Rebirth, and this thought came up. I resumed Ascension again last night.

2 Likes

My day sucked. I’m pissed, and repressed a little.

First off, a new trader I brought on f***** my day at the start, as she began lying to me, saying I needed to pay fees to withdraw. I’d heard this BS before, and STOPPED her. It was all a lie where bad brokerages hijack one’s profit demanding more payment to get one’s money. I told her she was lying, then blocked her. I can handle the emotions of a deal gone bad. I would NOT and can not tolerate the obvious lies. The lying pissed me off, not the deal.

Then, GhettoGuy didn’t do anything back at the shop while I was driving the route. I had to return to get some paperwork, and he was talking/blowing off time with the guy I was getting my paperwork from. Upon returning at the end of the day, piles of work stood there. He pissed me off since he laughed condescendingly when I admitted a mistake to the paperwork guy. F*** OFF! I think this spoiled my day since I kept imagining myself being unheard or insulted by him since his tongue does most of his thinking. He’s a lazyass f*** who has NEVER been in my corner. Just a self centered thief in my opinion.

And me imagining battling that a******* actually demotivated me on my job, slowing me down more than usual… When I returned to the shop, I was told very unprofessionally by the main office lady that she’d not have me driving tomorrow. F*** OFF!! I nervously laughed at her teasing me, not speaking up, any at all. I just agreed.

Before I got home, I felt me seeking to slide down that self pity hole. I also remembered me not standing up for myself is what has taken me there. I did some EMDR upon coming home, mostly to calm down. I also made a stand to someone online since he’s been oblivious to my requests on another matter. But my day felt shitty since I didn’t speak up for myself much today.

And that was weird. So many times I’ve whined online, seeking someone else to do only what I can do. It’s NOT comfortable finding my voice. I’ve felt and believed I am weak and “nice”…something smells like bullshit there. I’m nice so I won’t feel the pain of people abandoning me. I’ve feared that ever since my brother left when I was young.

Sitting here, I learned 2 years ago that a parent dismissing a child’s ideas constantly is felt as abandonment. I learned to avoid speaking to my mom to not feel that pain. I’ve sat there, making her feel nervous, since I’d face her, but I would not find my voice. I was protecting myself. That thinking is still in play, by my say-nothingness I did today. And my day isn’t over.

The part that’s getting pissed and is seeking solutions is growing. I have no idea what’ll come out of my mouth. But without a doubt, 90% of my troubles happen, and happened, since I’ve said “mmmm…ok” to things I’ve not wanted. That’s my day so far.

3 Likes

@SaintSovereign Cormac McCarthy. Have you read Blood Meridian? That book is unreal

3 Likes

I have read it and more. Great writer.

3 Likes

I’ve read pretty much all of Cormac McCarthy’s books, haha. Love Blood Meridian.

3 Likes

In graduate school I took a fiction writing class. The guy teaching it was obsessed with Cormac McCarthy and John McPhee and had us range around within their oeuvres.

John McPhee writing about writing.

2 Likes

I’ve been reluctant to write again. I’ve been afraid of being vulnerable here, as when I feel vulnerable, I drop all my guards.

I’ve had something I’ve wanted to share, and my mind’s playing tricks on me, as it blocked it as I began to write. I’ll write anyway.

Tonight I played our money game with friends, and then we watched One Flew Over The Cooku’s Nest, which I’d mentioned weeks back due to its acclaim years back. Before I left, I began talking with my old sponsor about my desire to return to meetings. I shared I’m becoming more aware of my BS, and my BS has been making lots of noise, mostly that I’ll be hurt. My mind’s been trying to protect me, and I’m seeing that clearly.

A set of decisions I made just yesterday made this evident. This week, while running Ascension, I’ve felt trapped, not being able to escape old fears and pressures which I’ve escaped easily in the past. So yesterday at work I ran my old emotional healing sub since I’d gotten positive quickly when I used to run it. It also has a self love element, and I’ve felt pretty distant from myself lately. My day went ok, but something showed clearly, and it mirrored @SaintSovereign’s telling of the guy with deep issues having visions and such on Emperor.

Well, the healing subliminal had touched on something, and while driving home–I kid you not–I “saw” strangers in cars waving at me, some raising a finger off the steering wheel saying hi, and some brightening up when I drove past. What I realized is my subconscious wanted to see that to make me feel safe, and every single car I passed in a 10 minute drive home had some variation of this. My mind playing tricks on me? Absolutely. I’ve never experienced this before.

I ran the healing subliminal again at work today to ease my mind and heart, but no “visions” appeared. When I got home, I turned on Limitless to avoid the pressure of running Ascension. I’d read today about how all SC subs are made to help each other out, and I felt more secure sometime tonight. I added a loop to my stack to keep my mind more aware, for I was able to verbalize my thoughts and feelings clearly to my old sponsor tonight.

I’m currently running 2x Ascension v.2, 2x Rebirth, 1x GLM, and 1x Limitless. And what I just felt in my gut is that running away from my fears doesn’t help me. Only facing them does.

5 Likes

Why not to add Limit Destroyer? It seems that Rebirth + LD combo is awesome (running by myself right now).

3 Likes