Do you feel that the mystical and manifestation teachings of Catholicism affect your ability to properly manifest the things that you want? The Catholic Church in particular is actually quite vague when it comes to manifestation of material needs through prayer and gives all sorts of excuses if your prayers aren’t answered like. For example,
- God is not an ATM machine
- You aren’t in a state of grace
- One should pray to submit himself to God’s will and not ask for material stuff
- God always answers prayers but sometimes his answer is no
- God is like a loving parent who will not give you what is not good for you
- We are on earth to carry our cross. Everyone has his cross to carry, not just you.
I can think of many more of these excuses but the point here is that they form a whole complex block of limiting beliefs that affect your ability to manifest and you grow up with an idea that you don’t deserve anything at all.
One positive thing is that the Catholic Church encourages a method of prayer that allows you to go into a silence (contemplative style) and meditate on things. It just happens that this meditation can improve both your spiritual and material quality of life (similar to chaos magick and LOA) but they want to limit the benefits of this to the spiritual only.
In fact, the Catholic Mass is very much like a grand occult ritual. There are some similarities if you do some research.
I think many people who didn’t grow up under Catholicism have much less of this mental and emotional baggage, so sadly we have much more to clear.
For me, I feel that understanding the Bible as a psychological novel like Neville Goddard helps a lot.