Q Modules and Archetypes (Astrological Perspectives)

Reading the description for the Q Module Wanderer, it struck me as wonderfully capturing the archetype of Sagittarius.

Here’s the description of Wanderer:

Experience the freedom of exploring other cultures, methods and ideas – and synthesizing them for your own benefit. Wanderer will help you open your mind to the possibilities and the opportunities that come your way. Furthermore, Wanderer will instill in you a sense of freedom that will help you expand your horizons and feel truly free.

and here’s a description of the Sagittarius archetype so you can see what I mean.

Sagittarius depicts inspiration, exploration, and the intellectual pursuit of principles and laws…Sagittarius’ direct approach to life and bold idealism provides the drive in people to travel, physically and mentally. Sagittarius manages the growth of cultural boundaries through the mythic search for truth and the action of bringing a vision to the outside world to uplift, inspire, and evolve civilization, culture, and consciousness.

[ from https://knowyourarchetypes.com/zodiac-archetypes/sagittarius-archetype/]

Pretty cool, eh?

It made me start thinking about programs and modules that really capture the essence (or part of the essence) of different zodiacal archetypes.

10 Likes

Um not really

1 Like

haha okay.

1 Like

Are you one of the guys who think astrology is for women or what’s the reason for this comment ? :grin:

I aligned my whole stack and stack plans with astrology. Works like a charm.

Because they support my true nature.

1 Like

I am Sagittarius, which subs would be good to listen to for me? Born 4th December.

2 Likes

Ohh we need way more info for that:

Go here: Free Astrology Birth Chart Calculator

Enter your data and send your natal chart reading, THEN we can judge a bit better.

That’s the issue why Astrology has such a bad rep. People only take the sun sign (the general zodiac sign) into account, but this only decides how you express yourself. There is SO MUCH more.

You mean this?

2 Likes

Pretty striking chart, @Deadpool.

One thing to keep in mind. There’s nothing you can learn from astrology that you don’t already know on some level.

It’s more like it gives you a set of useful categories to organize the experiences you’re already having.

Kind of like a Search Tool that helps you to quickly find details and patterns in the files on your computer.

My recommendation is to treat it like that. It may give you some interesting or useful perspectives from which to reflect on your life or strategize about your plans, but it doesn’t replace your self-knowledge and life experiences. And also don’t trust anyone who tries to “predict” what will happen to you. Prediction is possible. But the more developed you become, the more of a trap it is.

2 Likes

You’ll notice that the innermost circle is numbered from 1-12. Each of those arcs is referred to as a “House” and represents a dimension or sphere of life activity. The truth is, it’s equivalent to 12 sections of a day, or 12 sections of a year. That’s the essential logic of the zodiac.

When 3 or more “planets” (planets is in quotes because some of them like the Sun and the Moon are not actually planets); but when 3 or more are in one of those Houses, that is called a ‘stellium’, and signifies a particular emphasis or significance in your life for that particular sphere of activity.

Many charts have no stelliums. Yours has 2. In the third House related to Communication and Learning. and in the fourth House related to the private, the internal, the domestic sphere of life.

2 Likes

The whole text is helpful.

And what Malkuth said!

1 Like

@Malkuth - what is most accurate in your opinion - Western or Vedic astrology?

1 Like

I’d say neither.

For now, I see astrology as a discipline involving archetypes, tendencies, probabilities, and so on. Not really a place for extreme precision of interpretation. (Remember that we’re trying to accommodate the combined diversity of all of the human beings that have ever lived. That number is currently estimated at 107 billion individual human lives. A whole lot for astrology to handle.)

Within the large subject, there are different ‘language systems’ (Vedic, Western, Chinese, etc.) and within each language there are different dialects (e.g., Hellenistic, Psychological, Evolutionary, etc.).

For now, I’m focusing on Western astrology (Language) and Evolutionary Astrology (Dialect). (But when it comes to literal language systems, I don’t think that Finnish is somehow more or less accurate than Greek or Japanese.)

These systems are like telescopes: tools for looking. Ultimately, the value of a telescope is constrained by 1) what it is being pointed at, and 2) the mind that is looking through it.

Whatever system one is learning, the principle is to learn it as thoroughly as possible, and then to combine it with critical thinking and direct life experiences. Don’t try to use astrology or any other system as a substitute for exploring reality with your own mind.

Following these principles, we can probably find unique contributions (and unique failings) in any and all of the established traditions.

3 Likes

What a wonderful answer. I totally agree, and I found it interesting that there was a 75-85 % overlap in the personality description of my Western and Vedic horoscope even though sun, moon and ascendant were different in the two systems. Both horoscopes were auto generated, so I understand that there are so so many extra layers to each system and my personality in general.

1 Like

Kewl, I am December 5👍

1 Like

Looking at the wildlife craze going on in other threads, now I wonder if there are programs and modules that capture the essence of the different Eastern Zodiac animal archetypes.

The Chinese zodiac just like the Western is based on modulation between active and receptive phases of change. A peak (called Yang) followed by a valley (called Yin).

In Western astrology, the first peak that initiates the entire cycle is symbolized by an active, charging Ram: named Aries. It is followed by a peaceful but powerful bull: named Taurus.

Similarly, in Chinese astrology, the first peak that initiates the entire cycle is symbolized by a nocturnal, incredibly active animal: The Rat. In the middle of the night, this energetic being fills the world with activity and work; seeing the stage for the activity of the morning and day that will soon follow. In turn, the first powerful valley that follows that incredibly active first peak is again symbolized by that same peacefully powerful animal: The Bull-Ox. As an herbivore, it does not hunt and chase for its food. But try to force it to move and you will soon learn that peacefulness does not equal weakness.

Interesting isn’t it?

The second symbol in both systems is an Ox.

Much is shared in common between these two systems because ultimately they are depictions of the same natural cycles: Light to dark to light; heat to cold to heat; activity to rest to activity.

Ceaselessly turning; generating all life, all conditions.

:pray: :pray:t5: :pray:t5:

5 Likes

I study both one is not better than the other although many in the vedic community claim that vedic is more accurate. Im a Sagittarius myself lol I try to look at all sides of things learn the details observe my personal experience and that helps me to see the big picture. I personally feel vedic is soul level (past lives, karma, karmic cycles and I always say I love the Mahadasha’s and learning about them. The energies have always been accurate. Western tropical to me is present this life more surface level I’m sure there is a better way to explain that but once again this is my personal experience. I think it’s individual on what you resonate with. But for me down to my birth chart yhe details and the fine print with vedic have been on point with western it’s usually a 50/50 but it’s all about learning really a tool to have a deeper understanding of who you are and how the planetary energies effect your life.

Oh I also wanted to mention @Malkuth Renaissance Man gives me Jupiter Sagittarius vibes as well.

3 Likes

That is very cool. I’m gradually starting to pay more attention to Renaissance Man. I can see how as a creative artist it would have been wonderful for you.

My mind once again turned back to this Sagittarius point, so I just popped back over here to see if anything else had been said.

Peace!

4 Likes

I noticed it helped me to communicate better the way I talked was very smooth and fluid. This was something that stood out to me because I was listening to it while doing a lot of interviews I think I may need to start listening again to help me with training at my new job I’m so nervous sometimes things don’t come out right lol but I started listening to seductress this week so that should help

3 Likes

Are we all sagittarius here in this thread ahahah
:sagittarius::sunglasses:

Go team go!

Who knows… That’s probably why I loved so much Stark as my first sub of subclub ever and why it worked so well?

1 Like