Palpatine in 2024

This stack must be doing something.

I seriously just forgot I don’t have any useable money until next paycheck.

I say useable because I’ve got $100 I stashed for when I’m ready to buy my next custom.

And I have that $57 in my investment account.

And another nearly $200 in my automated expenses account.

But got $0 left for dispensible money though.

And I was shocked just how when I remembered. Like “must make money ASAP!”

The sensation is like if a millionaire went to sleep and woke up in the body of a homeless person or a paycheck-to-paycheck employee. And they are shocked “This is UNACCEPTABLE! Must get busy and get my capital built up!”

2 Likes

I have a spreadsheet I made a few years ago that was for keeping me on a schedule of pushups. Didnt finish the sheet, since other stuff came up.

“Decided” today to revisit that. got it set up now where I put my starting number, the percentage I want to increase my target for each pushup day, and how many rest days between push-up days. All dynamic.

I then set up a script (Google Apps Script). Each day at an arbitray time (let’s say 3AM) it’ll check the sheet to see if today is a rest day or a pushup day. If it’s a rest day, it’ll skip and do nothing.

If it’s a pushup day, It injects a new calendar event complete with popup notifications to tell me how many pushups to do for the day.

Tested it. it all works. Pushups start tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m on a productive high and I don’ t know if/when it’ll quit. Before, I was paralyzed by having too many ideas/projects I want to do, and no idea where to start.

Ever since starting this stack rotation, I’m more able to just say “fuck it” and dive in on whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Last night was a few evening-into-early-morning hours doing the pushup spreadsheet/script.

Tonight I’m gearing up to talk to ChatGPT and work out a short, quick plan to learn to make a basic web app to understand that more.

I’m feeling a bit of emotional undercurrent. It isn’t sadness. It can best be described as eagerness, optimism, focus. I’m just spitballing words to try and capture it.

It feels good.

2 Likes

lesson learned today: Just because someone is former Marine Force Recon doesn’t mean they know how to fix a car.

dude here needed a jump he thought.

battery dead. and issues with fuel pump.

he already had the engine cover off, when jumping didn’t work I used my key to pop open the bleed valve on the fuel rail. zero pressure

I did that because the engine was cranking fine , it just wan’t firing/starting.

I said “No pressure in the fuel rail means either the fuel pump isn’t pumping or the line is 100% obstructed. probably the pump”

and he was all “Nah, it was running earlier”

so I said we should check the fuel pump fuse.

“I did that already. I put in one of the other identical ones from ABs or something”

so I let that go

we ended up even going to get gas in my little can in case his 1/4 tank of gas let the pump overheat like can happen

finally after a lot of back and forth he opened up the fuse box and showed me the RELAY he swapped out"

he didn’t know the difference between a fuse and a relay

then he was all “This truck doesn’t have a fuse for it. Just the big box thing”

I found on the diagram which fuse is for the fuel pump, thank you very much.

he pulled it out and half of it was fucking charcoal

all black. burned and melted lol

pop another 25A fuse in it and it started right up.

real lesson learned: Trust my own judgment more

the fact his battery was dead tells me one thing

he just tried for Cthulhu knows how long to crank it.

however many times.

without adequately troubleshooting

He reminded me of when my kids were on the Wii and the game froze, and they turned the tv off and back on

he was seriously doing all sorts of weird shit, putting tape over one of the evap system inlet holes…thinking it was just getting too much air “in there” because of the leak

this dude ran his battery down by just trying over and over without thinking two seconds about what the issue could be.

and he’d mentioned how he’s former marine force recon, and another bit about how he used to run the “entire area for” some fill in the blank organization

the way he talked reminded me of that Jesse ventura wanna be I mentioned a few years ago at the water company

the guy who kept saying “There’s no way I used THOUSANDS of gallons of water in a month”

THOUSANDS the way ventura would say it

same demeanor. boisterous and sorta loud to get their point known

RDF

I’m pissed at myself for wasting 90 minutes on this when the fuse would’ve had it going in minutes.

I’m kinda thinking my stack manifested this experience to teach me a lesson about myself

5 Likes

I was reading older entries in my journal and got back to this post. Kinda want to revisit that stack soon. Though I suppose in place of S&S I’d use IrresistiBILL, and might use EWTP in place of PCC. Though both would still work well in that spot.

EDIT: I suppose Wanted Black would be a good drop-in relacement for Wanted.

1 Like

I just re-read this. It hits.

1 Like

so they hired 3 new remote workers at the company I’m currently employed with. Meaning I can finally (soon) get off the 6am opening shift. I’ll be getting 6 more hours per week as a result, on Mondays I’ll be working until closing (5PM) so the Tier 2 lady doesn’t have to be the only one taking calls and can do her T2 duties more.

And as I’m journaling about this, I realize this all coincides with the timing of staring this stack last week.

2 Likes

Ran today’s stack.
Day 9

Laying in bed, doing my “self-hypnosis” body zonk. I actually have 5 minutes of silence before the playlist kicks on. Enough time to do the body zonk and get the mind switched over to sanctuary mode.

It started playing, and the first sub for today was 7 mins of DR: Limit Destroyer.
somewhere during that, I am suddenly in what seems like a large supply closet. Spooge’s lady (from Breaking Bad. Dale Stuckey) was in there, too. We’re both just standing in there, and she seems to notice I’m in there with her. I as revolted at first (gotta see the show to understand why).

She’s like “Oops. I get it. I’ll leave.” Opens up the door to exit the closet, and I’m suddenly like “Wait! Don’t leave. Come back. You’re a part of me. C’mere”

And she comes back in, kinda uncertain. I shut the door and say “You’re part of me. I gotta accept you.” then hug her.

She melts into me.

That scene fades. There is other imagery but that’s the only thing I really remember any details about.

3 Likes

Iiiinteresting.

What’s your take?

If you finished this, how did you like this book?

Integration/healing is the only thing I can think of.

she was NASTY in Breaking Bad
total druggie chick.
very few characters I could likely think of to represent grotesquery better than her.

1 Like

Good book. Gets one thinking about how to handle finances for family/legacy.

1 Like

An empty pack of Funyuns and several discarded condoms would really get Houston troubleshootin’

People coming from somewhere, heading nowhere. The rat race.

2 Likes

Dream
I’m in the military again (usually dislike those dreams. This one being no exception).
I and another guy drive a military truck to some distant location to pick up some stuff.

We get to the front desk of this place. I show them my military ID.
In the dream, the ID is a special “enhanced” ID which lets me get to places people couldn’t otherwise go. It also functions as my driver’s license.

They look at my ID, and they decide it isn’t valid. So they cut it into 3 pieces.

I’m suddenly pissed. I said “You could’ve called my base command to confirm it! How the fuck am I gonna get back to home base now!?”

“The other guy can drive”

“NO he, the fuck, canNOT! My ID you just cut up is the only way we were able to drive for this mission. He doesn’t have one, and besides, he can’t even drive! You need to FIX this muthafuckin right NOW!”

At some point, they finally call base command and find out the ID is, in fact, valid. Then they sheepishly say “Sorry. Nothing we can do about it now.”

Basically I’m stuck there, unable to leave the base without the ID Think poor Charlie on the M.T.A. But did he ever return ? No , he never returned and his fate is still unlearned.

That’s basically all I remember.

No idea yet as to the symbolism/meaning. I still feel pissed off just remembering it enough to type out this entry :rofl:

2 Likes

I just ran today’s stack.

I zonked myself so well while listening that my mind was completely awake/aware and I could hear myself snoring.

Got quite a bit of imagery and voices popping into my head. It’s all faded now.

3 Likes

I spent most of yesterday and into last night/early this morning moving domains from one web host to the other. Both hosts seem to use the same underlying tech, some of the stuff they sell/resell is from the same actual provider. I get it. That’s how that business seems to be.

New host is basically half the monthly cost of the current one. AND the new host has cPanel. The host I’m on had cPanel when I first signed on. cPanel is THE main reason I chose that host, because cPanel has the ability to import tons of email forwarding addresses at once from CSV. They (STUPIDLY) got rid of cPanel at some point for their own in-house replacement.

That replacement is a piece of fucking shit. Basically has zero of the useful features of cPanel.

Anyway, I’m switching. All that so far to set up what follows.

I went and got the wife from work last night. Came back to the room. We ate. She went to bed since she has to work again today.

She’d had a bad day at work because people coming through her self-checkout lane were acting all entitled, or a few were complaining about store policy and being way more rude than warranted.

So she’s in bad, and I’m at the desk moving more domains over.
After a few minutes, she yells “What’s that fucking noise? It sounds like someone popping a soda can over and over!”

No idea what she’s talking about. Eventually she realizes it’s when I was clicking the left-click on my laptop’s touchpad.

“I’m TRYING to sleep! Do you HAVE to do that!?”

I let the negativity get the best of me and said “It’s never been a fuckin problem before when I’m over here working on things. You just had a bad day at work. I’m not the bad guy. I didn’t do that stuff to you!”

Anyway, I quit working and just went to bed. it was 3 times or so of her complaing about my “noise”. And if you’ve ever clicked a laptop touchbad button, definitely not that loud.

So I dreamed these 2 things:

Dream 1

We’re at a movie theather. It’s me, the wife, and Nicholas Hoult (though in the dream I’m not sure if he’s himself or Hank McCoy.

She apparently scored some deal where you pay for one movie and get to watch a 2nd for free.
We watch whatever the first movie is. Not even sure what it is. don’t recall.
The 2nd movie comes up, and she has no idea what it is. It’s at the scene of some crime or something. And a guy takes a movie camera where the top of it is shared like a bejeweled or glittery owl head. It has 2 lenses, where the eyes would be. Even the lenses aren’t smooth. They’re the same texture as the flashing lights they use on construction barriers to get driver’s attention.

I ask wife “What movie IS this?” because I think it must be the horror flick I’d seen previews for called “The Owl”. The previews set it up as a murderous owl(?)

She says “I think it’s called The Light of Being” and I said “I think it’s The Owl, but not sure yet”. I’m already getting into the movie and it’s only less than 5 minutes in.

She and Nicholas/Beast decide they don’t want to watch it and are all “We’re leaving”.

I said “It just started. Let’s watch it. looks good!”
“No, let’s go”

I’m not in my own vehicle, so I have to go too. We’re walking back to the car, and I kept on “I was WATCHING THAT!”

She basically said “So? Doesn’t matter.” and Nicholas/Beast gave me a look that seemed to say “Stop whining and let’s go”.

I then said “Did you even bother picking a movie for the 2nd one?” and she shrugged and said “Nope. But I don’t want to see that one. Let’s go”

I got more and more pissed, and feeling as if I don’t matter to them. Also wondering why she’d waste a free movie voucher without even picking a movie she might like (she doesn’t do thrillers/horror). dream fade…

Dream 2

This one seemed to be related to the plot of the newer Star Wars trilogy (even though I haven’t seen them so can’t say for sure). I remember Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) was in it and made it a point to make sure I knew his name.

This dream was basically a scene where the Empire or whatever they’re called in those movies found most of the rebels and surrounded them and executed them with blasters. They didn’t even stand a chance.

I woke up this morning still pissed beyond belief. And was thinking "Why am I even married if my opinions or desires don’t matter?

It faded after about 30 minutes though. Just strange given I’m running a pure money/wealth/productivity stack.

Though the dream might have been in spite of my stack, rather than because of it. The dream itself felt exactly like how I felt last night.

1 Like

these results are from dr:ld got similar feelings aswell and more. it was really hard to stay grounded after 3 months on it

I’ve got DR:P going in there too. I’m sure it’s helping DR:LD along

Today is rest day. I’m at work after my stretch of 3-days off.

I spent those 3 days doing work of moving stuff from the old web host to the new one. Still got more to do.

I’m noticing Emperor Black rearing its head today (I think). Kept me hella focused since Wednesday night on host work. It’s cumbersome moving files and WordPress DBs because my host has them siloed to each specific site, which means separate SSH/shell logins for each.

But I’ve been doing it with focus and drive like never before.

Today, though, at work, I’m noticing myself feeling pissed I have to be at the day job lol.

“Why can’t I be back home working on MY stuff?”

Definitely taking a break from EB once this cycle ends on Feb 29.

I definitely understand more about running EB sparingly

2 Likes