Morning routines

What is everyone’s morning routines?

I am trying to get into a good routine and could use some ideas.

2 Likes

The crux of my morning routine is drinking three cans of Rock Star energy drink. :open_mouth:

I am not recommending my desperate lust for caffeination as positive, though.

3 Likes

I practice yoga for around 30 minutes.

1 Like

I usually walk my dog then write out a short gratitude list but i want more things that will make my day more fulfilling and more kickass

1 Like

Since my daughter was born my morning routine is substantially different (necessarily so), usually involving diaper changes, milk warming, etc…

Before, however, it was:

• Wake up any time between 7-8am, depending on my body rhythms. Kiss my wife good morning, if she’s awake already, get up quietly if not.
  • Glass of water.
  • 3-5 minutes of Egoscue stretches + deep breathing
  • 20-30 minutes of meditation, followed by a couple minutes of gratitude thoughts, and finally a"perfect day" visualization for the day
  • A few more stretches + deep breathing
  • Make Bulletproof coffee and take morning supplements
  • If the weather is nice, I’d go for a morning walk with my wife and we’d bring our bp coffees with us, and talk about business or other interesting topics along the way. Otherwise I’d sit on the couch and read for 30 mins before going to my desk to start work.

Much of that was set up by the evening routine, which helps make the morning routine seamless.

• Make sure supplements are sorted out in little jars for each time of the day (I pack a week’s worth at a time)
  • Make sure coffee equipment (Chemex for pourover) + mugs are all clean and ready to go
  • Tidy the living room area/couch if anything is on the couch, so nothing interferes with morning meditation.
  • Shower etc (unless I feel the need to shower to help wake up if I’m up super early, otherwise just before bed makes more sense to me)
  • Take bedtime supplements

I wouldn’t trade my daughter for anything, but some mornings when I’m rushing around warming her milk and getting her changed while my wife sleeps a bit longer (she has the kiddo all day when I’m working), I do miss the quiet morning meditations of last year. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I am up at 5AM and drink a glass of water with lemon and ginger.

Then an hour later I eat 2 clovers of raw garlic usually i eat an hour later or sometimes 30 minutes later depending on how hungry i feel. Once i have had breakfast i will take my vitamin C and mineral supplements.

Then after that make myself a turkish coffee.

1 Like
  • Wake up at 5:55 AM
  • Run my morning ultima (usually BLU)
    While running my Ultima
    ** Drink my EAA energy drink (500ml)
    ** “Powder my nose”
    ** Day review: 15-30 minutes of reviewing emails, calendar to plan the day
    ** Catch up on Tinder messages
  • Morning workout: (1 hour if strength / 30 minutes if cardio)
  • Drink my morning smoothie: proteins, ginger, akai powder, triphala, vegetables powder, triglycerides powder
  • a bit of house cleaning and shower
  • It’s 9 AM and my day starts
2 Likes