MALKUTH, Building : BUILDING, Malkuth

If you master effort, you master time

1 Like

Find the subconscious within the conscious

Find the stillness within movement

and the movement within stillness

3 Likes

Selfishness ultimately comes back to a desperate (usually subconscious) desire to have your needs (also largely subconscious) met.

Combine this with a myopic, undeveloped worldview and understanding, and…

‘hilarity ensues’.

2 Likes

‘What is the drama distracting me from?’

For example:
A big part of what sexiness, attractiveness, and appeal are about is distracting people from the aspects of you on which you don’t want them to focus.

‘What realities of life am I attempting to avoid?’ (Whether in the outside or the inside of me.)

The essence of addiction lies in a lack of capacity to accommodate unwanted aspects of experience. Unwillingness to ‘pay the prices’ of our needs. “I want the strength of the muscles without the time and discomfort of the gym workouts.”

“I love you because you make me forget reality”

(That’s not going to end well. No matter how much you ignore it, reality’s coming back.)

3 Likes

May I be strong enough, able enough, and competent enough to survive the granting of my own wishes and prayers.

May I have the capacity to accommodate receiving that which I myself have desired and requested.

2 Likes

Instead of bemoaning your fate, strategize around your nature.

2 Likes

Today was one of those days in which my mind was a deep well and I did not manage to get out of it.

4 Likes

Sage Immortal

What the F**k

This is ridiculous.

4 Likes

My subs have definitely arrived.

I have no idea what’s going to happen next.

3 Likes

I really like this one.

There is power in our uniqueness. Many times we fail to see the strength in our nature and instead only see the weakness of our nature.

1 Like

Hang in there Mal, your future is bright

1 Like

Intentional movement.

Not fear and stress-fueled movement.

2 Likes

Learning to find my home in my own body, in my own experiences; in my own nature and in my own life.

1 Like

Music and Movement as Doorways to Trance-Navigation

1 Like

Technology, Absorption, and Wellbeing

1 Like

Ironically, personality is not personal.

We choose things in life based on our personalities. But the one thing that we never choose at all is our personality. (Although we like to pretend as if we do and to live as if we do.)

This kind of suggests that nothing at all is very personal. It just all feels like it is.

3 Likes

My experiences over this past weekend lead me to think of the (not so groundbreaking) idea that during periods of intense, stressful, or deep processing, we’ll have a tendency to center around our place of security and certainty: in this case, I’m referring to the dominant psychological function.

So, over this past weekend (and frankly way before that), I was deep into Introverted Feeling, my dominant psychological function.

I’m lucky that some major parts of my work do, in fact, focus on introverted Feeling tasks and analysis. I do a lot of facilitative consultation and reviewing and consolidation of people’s experiential and decision-making processes.

So, I’m able to pretty much keep that up even during heavy processing times.

But what I noticed was that I have less bandwidth, motivation, and available energy for performing non-preferred tasks.

In these areas I notice avoidance, procrastination, lack of initiative.

In my preferred tasks, I actually noticed proactive, elevated intiaitive.

(This is why I don’t like simplistic characterizations of people as being ‘lazy’ or ‘hardworking’. So much depends on the tasks at hand and on what is valued in the environment. So I like to have more detailed and nuanced standards of evaluation and description.)

4 Likes

In general, activities and tasks related to extraversion were neglected.

It was all about deep-diving, reflecting, exploring, investigating. (On Sunday alone, I had my mind blown 6 or 7 times.)

So the more externally-facing parts of my work lagged.

Now here it is on Monday, and it’s a little bit like I’m awakening from a drunken stupor.

(Mind you, even the most extraverted parts of my job are still fairly introverted. Well, in a way they are. In about 2 hours, I’ll be leading a group of 20 or so in exploring a topic. And tonight, I’ll do the same with a group of 9 or 10. But even though it involves working with a group, the overall focus is still on understanding, processing, reflecting on material. So it still feels pretty introversion-friendly.)

But it’s not just the Introversion-Extraversion axis. It’s also the Feeling versus Thinking (and Intuition and Sensing) part.

Strictly “Thinking” tasks–delineating, organizing, deciding, prioritizing–were postponed.

“Sensing” tasks were also downplayed. I did the basics (meditation practice, walking). But other Sensing tasks were less focused upon.

Intuition always gets a bit of love from me.

Point is though, that it was pretty clear that things were not all integrated and pulled-together. And I think it’s related to the work going on in my mind right now.

I’m very interested to see where I take all of this.

on an unrelated note,

I got this insight this morning about how addiction, stalking, and infatuation all involve an (unconscious) aggressive projection of one’s own agency onto the obsessed-upon object.

I saw how depression does the same thing.

The mind projects agency onto an external object. And then pretends to be at the mercy of that object. But all of the energy for the entire situation is coming from within.

People then describe themselves as being low in self-esteem or weak and lacking in strength and will. But that’s just a cop-out.

They’re actually super-strong and are high in power.

What’s actually happening is that they’re framing their own power as belonging to someone else.

And now I’m interested in what influences that framing. And what influences how we approach framing.

I actually think that prior to a certain age or stage of development, people are unable to even think about the fact that we frame our perceptions and experiences. The concept of a Frame itself is beyond them.

4 Likes

Haven’t noticed any glaringly dramatic results today, and to be honest, I’m cool with it. The past week brought such a flood of results that I was feeling a bit dizzy.

Yesterday, with the help of Sage Immortal, I got such a flood of paradigm-enriching and paradigm-shifting information that my mind was pleasantly blown.

Discovered the work of Scott Park Phillips. I am an instant fan.

One of those times when suddenly a bunch of things simultaneously make sense.

I got both of his books, and am looking forward to slowly digesting and applying his perspectives.

It’s special to find a teacher who enriches you on the level of both intellectual understanding and practical, grounded application. And he’s the 4th beneficial teacher I found in as many days. At some point in the process, you have to just admit that this is the subliminal helping you.

Sage Immortal

• Find a teacher that can take you to the top of the mountain that is spiritual advancement.

Alchemist

• Find a teacher.

Emperor

• Manifest mentors, books, courses and other sources of information to give you the knowledge to achieve all of your success and wealth goals.

Quantum Limitless

• Manifest all the information you need. Meet those who can teach you and guide you on your journey of developing your mental abilities, learning and studying.
3 Likes

Some of the Sage Immortal treasures from the past few weeks. (Just going to go ahead and leave them in Chinese):

站樁
導引
吐納
金丹
纏絲勁
内功
太極拳

Specific Teachers
Damo Mitchell
Scott Park Phillips
David A Palmer

There are more, but I’ll stop here.