Main Disc. Thread - Ultima

SonarWorks Reference 4, a trial. I tried out the trial after Saint recommended it at the start of Ultima.

Essentially it uses a super-sensitive microphone to record the output from the headphones (or speakers if you have to badass version) then calculates the difference between the flat line (red) and the actual output (blue) to set an equalizer and bring the output as close to the flat line as possible (purple).

Unfortunately half of the audio-using apps on my computer have issues with it. When it works, it sounds amazing.

Now I donā€™t have a studio room and hyper-sensitive microphones, but they are kind enough to have tested a great many headphones in their own studio and provide the averages for those headphones. Those are the graphs I posted.

Thereā€™s also one for the QuietComfort line, but I would have to import it and like I said, itā€™s getting into domestic arguments with my apps every time I start it. But if you want me to, youā€™d have to tell me which ones you have, Hermit.

Bose QuietComfort 35 version 1 & 2 , Bose Noise Canceling 700, and tomorrow Iā€™ll have the Sennheiser HD280 Proā€™s as well :slight_smile:

Of course he answers. Are you trying to make me break my PC? :wink:

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro:

QC 35-I NC Off:

QC 35-I NC On:

QC 35-II NC Off:

QC 35-II NC On:

Looks like they didnā€™t change much about the hardware between the two generations. Pretty decent, but what would you expect for that price tag?

You forgot to add the Sennheisers and the Noise Canceling 700ā€™s, lol!

Iā€™d appreciate it so we can get a better graphical representation with all four of them. From what it currently looks like, the Sennheisers are pretty comparable to what Iā€™m currently runningā€¦

I already posted the Sennheisers above and they didnā€™t have a pre-tested profile for the 700ā€™s. But yes, they are pretty comparable. You might still like the SennHeisers though.

Sighā€¦ hold onā€¦

There, happy? :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m really making you sweat today, am I not? :grin:

Feeling ecstatic, thank you.

Itā€™s more that the program is making my Windows unstable. I donā€™t like rebooting unnecessarily, because then I have to reload all those browser tabs afterwards. :slight_smile:

Know the feelingā€¦ using Brave Browser ā€¦ currently having 23 tabs, lol!

Anyhow so you said that the over flat output is most important, yet the high end doesnā€™t matter that much as the ultrasonicā€™s will be heard nonetheless. Seems like the headphones with noise-canceling off work better for the ultrasonic range, but then it starts to lack on the low-ends.

Ultima doesnā€™t do bass-lines. If it did, Saint would have recommended the Beats. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll let Saint tell you which oneā€™s better, he knows more about what Ultima feel at home in.

Well it also fucked a little with the middle levels, just forgot the write that in there.

Getting the Sennheisers nonetheless, already ordered them. Still out of curiosity Iā€™d like to know this, use your compelling skills to have him tell me :wink:

Oh so it doesnā€™t mean that the Sennheiser donā€™t output ultrasonic but that they are simply not as flat, right?

Do you have by chance the Monster Inspire preloaded :slight_smile:

Correct. The graph means that the sound that goes in is the red line, but between that and your ears, the speakers, housing, wiring etc distort it slightly, so it comes out as the blue line. Most people wonā€™t notice. It still plays. To your subconscious, the ultras probably sound like somebody with a dry throat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

uhmā€¦ will Beats be fine still? @SaintSovereign

I currently have this:

Also, have this for my gaming, quite old though

Thank you

1 Like

Not sure. They should be, youā€™ll have to test.

1 Like

I believe the supercharger concept will be evolved into Qx

https://www.subliminalresults.com/t/main-dev-hype-thread-qx

Maybe Saint Sovereign will share some more information now the q-store is open :wink:

Currently running one loop of Beyond Limitless Ultima. I am having so much fun with this , QLQ , my T2 custom, and StarkQ Terminus. I realize itā€™s quite dense and all but when you are surrounded by a bunch of cunts that would rather be right and stubborn than let go of beliefs or ideals that no longer serve them then being willing to rapidly alter your thinking , way of looking at things , or just walking the fuck away is incredibly important and beneficial.
All four of those audios but specifically Beyond Limitless Ultima and QLQ have really forced me in a good way to want to think about a lot of things differently without getting attached or taking it as fact. Just to be clear for those that want to criticize.
one, I am not running each title every day . Two and even more importantly STFU

2 Likes

Iā€™m impressed, even with generic Sony headphones, Ultima works nicely, after 3 days, the results are in!
Currently using Sanguine Ultima, but boy, Iā€™ll be waiting when True Social gets the Ultima treatment!
By the way, a quick question.
None of Sub Clubā€™s products produce pheromones, am I right?

1 Like

IIRC the original Sex & Seduction script was written with help from a mones producer. I imagine they would have carried that scripting forward into Primal Seduction, Khan, etc.

Hmm, maybe Daredevil too? Well, thanks for clarifying it.
The reason why I asked is 'cause these days my natural scent changed, itā€™s way musky.
Gotta stock on way more Old Spice.

Daredevil does.

2 Likes